All-Star Teams Only Going To Worlds On Paid Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

...To be honest, if I didn't have a fair shot at top 10 I don't know that I'd wanna go.

Is the experience of competing in a fairly empty Milkhouse to a lukewarm crowd really a good experience? Some of those teams who DO go get TRASHED for even being there in the first place. If I didn't get at least a partial paid I'd hate to spend all that money just to compete ONE day- and even if you DO get partial, sometimes it's only one day. That's a hefty price tag and a lot of heartache to base Worlds around.

Granted, there have been some EXCEPTIONAL teams (Kentucky Elite Lady Katz didn't get a bid that one year) who never got one. So it's not a perfect thing.

I have attended worlds 3 times each time on an AL bid. The first time was in 2011 in the large senior division. Our team was able to get an AL late in the season. We took 11th I think? There were only 14 in the division. The second time I went was in 2012 we were in the Small senior division. I think we took 15th which was so awesome. I also attended worlds in the IOC5 division this past year (2014). I don't know what we placed but we didn't move past the first round. All I have to say is competing at worlds is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had! Each time was amazing in its own way. I would say it's definitely worth it to go on an AL bid. If it wasn't, you wouldn't get so many teams there each year.

I have attended worlds 3 times each time on an AL bid. The first time was in 2011 in the large senior division. Our team was able to get an AL late in the season. We took 11th I think? There were only 14 in the division. The second time I went was in 2012 we were in the Small senior division. I think we took 15th which was so awesome. I also attended worlds in the IOC5 division this past year (2014). I don't know what we placed but we didn't move past the first round. All I have to say is competing at worlds is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had! Each time was amazing in its own way. I would say it's definitely worth it to go on an AL bid. If it wasn't, you wouldn't get so many teams there each year.
I didn't even know there was a year there were more than 10 teams in the large senior division......

Worlds scoresheet has been comparative. That's not a change

It's better than a few years ago (actually I guess it's like 7 years or so ago) when paids and partials in ALL divisions only had to mark their routine Day 1...they were guaranteed finals.

Right now there's only 9 teams in IOC6. Looks like we're all guaranteed to move on out of US Trials!

Gyms having a hard time fielding a competitive team that big, similar to unlimited coed. Many teams went medium as well once that was created in 2012.

It's been getting bigger again though. A few years ago there was legit only 3 or 4 teams. There are 9 teams with bids right now.

Last edited:
Right now there's only 9 teams in IOC6. Let's like we're all guaranteed to move on out of US Trials!

It's been getting bigger again though. A few years ago there was legit only 3 or 4 teams. There are 9 teams with bids right now.
U guys r great! Love Blackjack!

I didn't even know there was a year there were more than 10 teams in the large senior division......
I think 2010 was the last Worlds that large senior teams had to qualify into finals.

Wow..... a whopping 9 teams, it's getting crowded.

I think 2010 was the last Worlds that large senior teams had to qualify into finals.
Hopefully it's not the last ever..... I think if Orange, F5 and Panthers stay large for good we could see more than 10 next season, just maybe.

How many AL'es are given out for every paid? I thought most of the money for paid bids was made off of the entry fees of the competition giving out the bid?
Yes, the EP gets the money for paid bids off the entry fees of the competition giving out the bid. What I'm saying is if the teams that go to those competitions stop going because they will not get a paid bid, only an AL, then the EP will not have enough money for the Paid Bids. The competition fees paid by the the teams not getting bids or getting AL bids pay for Paid Bids.
I hope that makes sense.

Right now there's only 9 teams in IOC6. Looks like we're all guaranteed to move on out of US Trials!

I just wonder if part of the reason is that they changed the format of who makes it to finals. Since it used to be the top 50%, teams still didn't make finals, now that it's top 10 (well, has been since 2012), teams join the division just so they can say they made top 10/made it to finals. That may have nothing to do with it though. I think the lowest that division has been was 6 teams 2 years ago.

Back