Terminology

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So you know how some people refer to a prep as a half extension? Well, my coaches referred to a prep as a prep, and the other "below shoulder" version (I can't find a picture) as a half extension.
I feel weird quoting myself but does anyone know what this is called?

We called preps "halfs", a squish a "load in", my coach called scales "mavericks", we called when you just kinda pop your flyer down a "sponge", tick ups/switch ups we called "mock ups"... Lots of people say full downs and we always just called it a single twist. I think those are the main differences of the things I say and what everyone else says lol.

DO you mean a thigh stand?? Or higher?? When you say below shoulders, I'm thinking waist hight.
I'm thinking she means this weird stunt that comes before actual preps in progression in young champions, like holding the foot at belly button height. Can't remember what they are called though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre
Prep
Double base
Pre-elevator
First Floor (Second floor being an extension)

Squish
Sponge
Smoosh

I'm sure there are more. I've actually heard a lot over the years by cheering under a lot of different people, but I'm up in Canada
I've also heard half for preps

I'm thinking she means this weird stunt that comes before actual preps in progression in young champions, like holding the foot at belly button height. Can't remember what they are called though.

That's exactly it.

Ahh, got it. But I've never heard of a name for it though. I've only really seen those as single/2 man stunts in level 1. In fact, when we tried those, I think we just called them 2-mans, since 2 kids were holding it.

Ahh, got it. But I've never heard of a name for it though. I've only really seen those as single/2 man stunts in level 1. In fact, when we tried those, I think we just called them 2-mans, since 2 kids were holding it.
They still have 3 bases for those in young champions, the 2 sides and a back.

Has anyone ever heard of a group stunt being referred to as a partner stunt? I'm filming my college tryout video and in the initial email from the coach he said he wants to see a few partner stunts. I read that as coed stunt (or a single female base, as that's what my school does). He sent out another email the other day discussing how stunt groups will be put together (back, main, side, flyer) and labeled that partner stunts with a completely different section outlining coed stunts, so now I'm thinking he's talking about group stunts? I emailed him and asked for him to clarify, but I was just curious to see if maybe that's a regional terminology difference.

Has anyone ever heard of a group stunt being referred to as a partner stunt? I'm filming my college tryout video and in the initial email from the coach he said he wants to see a few partner stunts. I read that as coed stunt (or a single female base, as that's what my school does). He sent out another email the other day discussing how stunt groups will be put together (back, main, side, flyer) and labeled that partner stunts with a completely different section outlining coed stunts, so now I'm thinking he's talking about group stunts? I emailed him and asked for him to clarify, but I was just curious to see if maybe that's a regional terminology difference.

We used to call them that (all girl). I don't know why though

I hate the term flip flop, it sounds so... colloquial. But I'm a bit of a terminology snob, so...
Haaaaaaaaate this term. I usually say "a what? A slip slop? A slop flop?" Can't stand that term.

Flip flops are for your feet. And on that note, I also refuse to call flip flops "thongs".

Back