All-Star Thanks From Ecm To Cheer Tyme Parents

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

omg, i was at the competition also when this happened...all my love and prayers to her! viper allstars are thinking of her <3

I'll pass the message along..We were at the comp today when this happened...very scary!!! Everyone at Cheer Tyme sends prayers for a speedy recovery!

i was there as well. THAT WAS SO SCARY. god bless that little girl.i hope she heals quicky. and to Cheer Tyme...i am not suprised at all they helped. they are such a classy gym, i love them!<3

i was there as well. THAT WAS SO SCARY. god bless that little girl.i hope she heals quicky. and to Cheer Tyme...i am not suprised at all they helped. they are such a classy gym, i love them!<3

Awww..Thanks so much that means alot!! Keystone looked great this weekend!! Good Luck at Battle :) and continued prayers to the little girl and her family.

Thank you all for the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers. She is one tough cookie. Not taking any pain meds because they taste, well, yucky.... :) I dont think she is too pleased that her competition curls are still in. That hairspray works wonders!

hope everything went well and she has a speedy recovery..cheer intensity will keep her in our prayers!

If anyone that had eyes on view of what the EMT did from the time (he/she) got there until they departed from the scene I would love to know. It scares me that the EMT was not knowledgeable enough to help in this situation. From what I have heard and being an EMT this situation seems like a no brainer! Hopefully yall reported this EMT to (his/her) supervisor!

If anyone that had eyes on view of what the EMT did from the time (he/she) got there until they departed from the scene I would love to know. It scares me that the EMT was not knowledgeable enough to help in this situation. From what I have heard and being an EMT this situation seems like a no brainer! Hopefully yall reported this EMT to (his/her) supervisor!

They spent quite a bit of time talking about what they were going to do. Decided they thought it was best to try and reset the leg right then and there. That was about the time the EMT said "You want to do this part? Im not really good at this." I believe the Ortho Doc advised that they take her as is straight to the hospital and let them take it from there. Gave her a bit of medicine to knock her out and finally took her from the building. Im not a Dr., but I do believe resetting her leg would have meant gut wrenching screams to be heard from at least down the street.

They spent quite a bit of time talking about what they were going to do. Decided they thought it was best to try and reset the leg right then and there. That was about the time the EMT said "You want to do this part? Im not really good at this." I believe the Ortho Doc advised that they take her as is straight to the hospital and let them take it from there. Gave her a bit of medicine to knock her out and finally took her from the building. Im not a Dr., but I do believe resetting her leg would have meant gut wrenching screams to be heard from at least down the street.
And I think that may be an understatement! Hahaha

That poor baby. She must have been in so much pain. Her poor parents probably felt helpless. Hoping for a quick and painless recovery, with lots of ice cream cause that always makes me feel better
wink.png

A brief update:
After the surgery, Karli was on an IV until Monday afternoon. The hospital stopped giving her the pain medicine via the IV and went to an oral mix....she hated the taste and hasn't had pain medicine until last night when her Mom finally put it into her food. I haven't heard yet this morning, but I am hoping the family is finally getting some sleep!
Other than that, it is just a recovery period. She has 2 rods in her leg and they are hoping to take those out in a year.
On a good note, the family's insurance was only going to pay 25 dollars for transport back to Baltimore, but we have 2 families of volunteer firefighters and they took their station's ambulance up to Hershey Medical Center and picked her up on Tuesday, so we are glad to have her home.
Thank you to everyone who helped us out and for all the prayers and the reaching out to them and our group. It has made a difference for sure.

Back