All-Star #that Awkward Moment When Cheer Takes Over

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the second to last day of school, my homeroom teacher turned on Disney Channel in her classroom. While I was sitting there, the Austin Cobb video from ACE came on and I started jumping up and down and I got so excited! Everyone went silent and watched it with me, and when ever they stunted or tumbled everyone was like "whooahhh can you do that?!" and people kept asking me if I knew anyone from the team.

I just remembered a time in January where my schools guidance counselor came into our class and we had to find a partner and we got a sheet that asked us what we wanted to do with our futures. One question asked who we planned to live with when we were older and I said my husband, who will be a male cheerleader. Surely enough, even to this day the kids in my school wont let me live that one down.

When Senior Elite won Worlds, my friend Tim called me and told me over the phone how devastated he was that F5 lost. First of all, Tim isn't a cheerleader, and his only relation to cheerleading is through being friends with me, and he still knew before me. He's almost a bigger F5 fan than I am.

My boyfriend knows who Holden Ray is through me and was one time talking to me about him when his friend asked who Holden Ray is. My boyfriend explained who he was, told him he had a double double double and explained in full detail what a double double double is... I'm so proud :rolleyes:

Next year will be my schools last year in our 60 year old building. When I found out at our SGA meeting our theme was Green Evolution, I blurted out "It's the inspiration love and success that leads us to the green evolution." and tried to come up with Senior Elite voiceovers for our class shirts...

when the people on the plane in front of you are really obnoxious and they stop for about two minutes and when they start again you think : thought we were gone guess what you were wrong :)

well being a 6'6" backspot... i often consider my self point flyer lol and mark out stunt sequences all the time. and if a song comes on the radio that is in a routine i immediately continue the cheer music in my head and forget all about the song on the radio!

the worst for me sadly has to be the fact that i took american sign language as my foreign language based on the simple fact that i was extremely familiar with the letters "L" and "Y" for louisville and stingrays!

oh my gosh! just did that in the car the other day...
Me too! Anytime I hear a song from a routine I'll start yelling the voiceovers and doing the routine. My personal favorite is when Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" come's on and I'll bust out with OSU's Large Coed routine.

Also I just realized:
1. I wear spankies underneath almost every skirt and dress I wear, I have an extra pair of cheer shoes and poms in my car, and a hair tie on me at all times - JUST IN CASE.
2. Every time I'm at work and someone orders an Orange Crush, I'll start quoting Stingrays orange music, nonchalantly.
3. I was at the movies with a friend, holding her seat when she went to the bathroom, she comes back and says "Thanks for saving my seat." My automatic response: "BUT HONEY, Here's something to tweet!"

Back