All-Star The Allstar Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The high travel costs are why I decided not to bring Beatles to Champions League and any of our teams to The Allstar Games. The sport is already so expensive for our families. Keeping travel costs low has really helped build our program. Just the level 5 teams fly to one competition a year and that's Dallas. All the rest are within 5 hrs driving distance. Our Level 1-4 teams never attend an event which they fly too
I hope your athletes and parents appreciate that...I KNOW I would.

Hence the reason our team decided to drop CL. Originally the family had to split and the boys were going to CL and the girls to ASG since they're the same weekend (which is another level of sucky....and expensive). But CL came off the schedule because it's just too dang expensive to get there with no potential benefit or payback for the kids (or us). Yay for that decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

may I ask what the benefit of ASG is? like I don't mean that insultingly at all, I just still don't understand the concept and those costs are outrageous for what seems to me like another "no-benefit" competition. all I know is that it was about $300 each to be a spectator there, without a flight. if y'all were willing to drop CL for those reasons, I'd think ASG would have the same issues. unless you win a million dollars or some diamonds, perhaps. better hit the slots while the kids are competing ;)

may I ask what the benefit of ASG is? like I don't mean that insultingly at all, I just still don't understand the concept and those costs are outrageous for what seems to me like another "no-benefit" competition. all I know is that it was about $300 each to be a spectator there, without a flight. if y'all were willing to drop CL for those reasons, I'd think ASG would have the same issues. unless you win a million dollars or some diamonds, perhaps. better hit the slots while the kids are competing ;)
I think we would have dropped it (had a meeting today) but too many people had non refundable plane tickets at that point so it's a go for us....but I'll bet if it stays in Vegas it won't show up on a schedule again. After we got the final answer on it today we went ahead and got plane tickets. 665/each. No lie.

I think we would have dropped it (had a meeting today) but too many people had non refundable plane tickets at that point so it's a go for us....but I'll bet if it stays in Vegas it won't show up on a schedule again. After we got the final answer on it today we went ahead and got plane tickets. 665/each. No lie.

ouch :eek: on the bright side, it seems all of the athletes who went last year had a great time so hopefully you all have a positive experience! as a chaperone, you should get 2 drink tickets per kid in your room ;)

@mstealtoyou - Last year ASG provided shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. IIRC they are providing that again for this year. It is in the package information.

After I saw that I wanted to know how much I'd pay to fly from my closest airport to Las Vegas for that weekend... 660 Dollar :eek: And I think I would pay even less if I'd leave from another airport.

I checked seven airports from Atlanta (four hours south) to raleigh (3 hours north) for three solid months. No feasible flight has ever shown up for under 500 from any of the six airports (Atlanta, Columbia, Greenville Spartanburg, Charlotte, greensboro, Asheville and Raleigh). I did manage to get tickets to LA for champions league out of raleigh (3 hour drive to the airport) for 370. La is basically going off at the same rate as vegas from here.

Gratefully I bought trip insurance because we dropped that one for expense.

wait $145 for what? just the entrance? doesn't include anything else? like literally $145 to watch the teams (but moms you know you might be busy getting your child ready and you will miss half of it anyway and possibly just watch your cp and the teams from that gym) I mean $145 that's nuts... omg... so if there are concessions and entrance is $145, how much is lets say a bottle of water??? omg I can only imagine!!! then comes my next question (yes I'm all about questions today, I'm bored at work lol)... so cheering and competitions have literally become a BUSINESS... a business not far from resembling lets say professional baseball, basketball, and even football... hmmm.... well then maybe instead of paying for tuition and other expenses, cheerleaders should be profiting as well!!! (Sorry if i'm a bit "moody" today lol I'm bored, it was snowing a moment ago, the sun just came out, and the temperature is dropping to 1 degree on Sunday, same day as my CP's competition lol I can't deal very well lol) :enjoyshow:I need to go stuff my face!!!

wait $145 for what? just the entrance? doesn't include anything else? like literally $145 to watch the teams (but moms you know you might be busy getting your child ready and you will miss half of it anyway and possibly just watch your cp and the teams from that gym) I mean $145 that's nuts... omg... so if there are concessions and entrance is $145, how much is lets say a bottle of water??? omg I can only imagine!!! then comes my next question (yes I'm all about questions today, I'm bored at work lol)... so cheering and competitions have literally become a BUSINESS... a business not far from resembling lets say professional baseball, basketball, and even football... hmmm.... well then maybe instead of paying for tuition and other expenses, cheerleaders should be profiting as well!!! (Sorry if i'm a bit "moody" today lol I'm bored, it was snowing a moment ago, the sun just came out, and the temperature is dropping to 1 degree on Sunday, same day as my CP's competition lol I can't deal very well lol) :enjoyshow:I need to go stuff my face!!!

It includes the opening ceremony and a couple of drink tickets to (was disappointed as we were told two drink ticket per person in each room when in reality it was two drink tickets per room). We went last year and I felt is was very overpriced, but then again it was the first year and not a lot of teams went. This year looks to be much bigger than last so who knows...at least each athlete got a nice rhinestoned jacket for attending. We will be at CL this year instead of AG.

From the packet I couldn't tell if they were doing the jackets again. I hope so.
I'm feeling like its something different. Met the owner last night (very nice guy) and he was talking about how really excited he is for this years athletes gift. Sounded like he was going to announce it before long.

Back