All-Star The Champions Cup 2013? Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm gonna do it this year for Arizona despite the logical skepticism. I feel like after one year they'll work out all the bugs and more people will get involved but for now I want to be a part of this so it doesn't fall through before it reaches potential

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Cp really wanted to do this at first. I was sort of on board. I was really considering it. But then we went to a comp in NOLA and It was sooooo expensive. And well, not kid friendly. I might still consider it, if there was a different location.

I'm so excited! If you guys go on their website: thechampionscup.us
There is alot of finished, predetermined and really cute designs for some of the different State's uniforms. ^_^

Why is there more than one host gym. It might just be me but I feel like there should be one host gym per state which would prevent the same state from competing against eachother. This would only work if those two gyms had a team in a DIFFERENT division.

This is my concern as well. When I registered cp, there was one local gym for our state, now there are 3.

This is my concern as well. When I registered cp, there was one local gym for our state, now there are 3.
I was worried until I went on their website and it actually says that there's one team per division, per state. I guess the reason for so many gyms is to make sure ALOT of athletes are able to get involved.

I was worried until I went on their website and it actually says that there's one team per division, per state. I guess the reason for so many gyms is to make sure ALOT of athletes are able to get involved.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone ||
Android

My question then becomes...how does that work? Will certain teams practice at certain gyms? When I signed her up, the assumption was that she would practice at a local gym, but now there are gyms 2 hours from us listed as well. If she makes "youth silver" lol, does that dictate what gym she will have practice at? Can I declare that she can only make a "local" team? Do the practices rotate? Will there be 12 more host gyms for our state by the time the try outs take place?

My question then becomes...how does that work? Will certain teams practice at certain gyms? When I signed her up, the assumption was that she would practice at a local gym, but now there are gyms 2 hours from us listed as well. If she makes "youth silver" lol, does that dictate what gym she will have practice at? Can I declare that she can only make a "local" team? Do the practices rotate? Will there be 12 more host gyms for our state by the time the try outs take place?
Okay, the website says that your CP will attend the gym/studio that the athlete tried out for but the state might handle this differently like you said. They also said that the host gym list is updated EVERYDAY so it's definitely a possibility. Blah! I really wish Patrick Cowherd would get on this thread and answer these questions. He leaves a little room for interpretation and curiosity with his apparently vague information.

Okay, the website says that your CP will attend the gym/studio that the athlete tried out for but the state might handle this differently like you said. They also said that the host gym list is updated EVERYDAY so it's definitely a possibility. Blah! I really wish Patrick Cowherd would get on this thread and answer these questions. He leaves a little room for interpretation and curiosity with his apparently vague information.

Agreed!

My understanding is kids will be placed on a team that is a best fit for them and it may include traveling to a gym not near you. Depending on the number of kids that tryout and teams made it might be impossible to house all teams at one gym.

This info is from Patrick Cowherd he posted on a face book group in response to some questions I had about the cup. He is also available to answer questions via PM on facebook if needed.

1. We do have a national fundraiser that everyone can participate in. We do not want money to be a reason for any one not to do it.

2. Host gym coaches are encouraged to take part by also providing qualified coaches.

3. We are looking to fill a team at every level. Youth 1 through international 5 and hip hop dance teams for this year only.

4. There will not be duplicate teams at each location keep in mind for a state such as California you could have an athlete that would have to travel several hours so we are doing our best to make teams in there area. One host could field a large coed team while the other does a med coed etc.

5. In most case we will have reps and outside judges evaluate the Athletes for team placement.

I hope this helps. I find that maybe our next best step is to do a who what why and how video. We tried to do the best by adding as much information to the web site... If you have not been to the web site I encourage you to visit it at www.thechampionscup.us

Well I did find out that our gym is indeed a host gym. Looks like we'll be hosting a tryout in two weeks and to my knowledge ZERO information has been sent around to the gyms in the area. So unless a parent frequents the fierceboard, I'm not sure how they would even know this existed...I really do love the idea of it...Needs WAY more advertisement and local participation by coaches from multiple gyms though...

It is my understanding that the registration deadline was yesterday, March 31st. At least, that what the website says.

I have seen stuff floating around on facebook (mostly from host gyms) as well, but you are correct that not enough advertisement in general. Year 1 is always the toughest and am sure they will learn a lot and improve next year.

It is my understanding that the registration deadline was yesterday, March 31st. At least, that what the website says.
Most live tryouts are in two weeks or so. I have a feeling there's not as many people flocking in as they thought so I'm thinking that deadline will get extended. And probably extended again.

Back