All-Star The Champions Cup 2013? Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's the biggest problem!!!!!! Lack of advertisement! I'm like 1 of 2 people that know in my whole gym and I REALLY want people from Surrounding gyms to come but how will they know if no one in my gym even knows (we're the host gym)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hope there's a decent turnout. We are the only Indiana gym within probably more than 2 hours of this area. I'm interested to see how it turns out. Hard to believe we will will know before we know about our home gym tryouts.

To whomever said they will extend the deadline again.. They can only extend it so many times before it will no longer work to field a team for a comp the 2nd week of July.

I invision this ending up like a small gym combo team of "ok we have x many athletes at level __, what age category can we fit them into?" But we were also told by our coach that we shouldn't try out for any level where we don't have max tumbling or we shouldn't expect to make it. We shall see..

Just got word that tryouts will be extended through may. Not sure if that's just for Indiana or if its nationwide.

I hate to go all "mom" but I went to their Facebook page to check it out. Can anyone explain to me what "America's perfect cheerleader" means??? And why she's gonna win a tiara at a cheerleading competition?:confused: 50 states, tiaras...thought we didn't want the pageant stereotype? I thought this champions cup was kind of cool until I saw that (my cp's even considered brushing the cobwebs from their nfinities and trying out). Not sure where they're going with this. Probably just me, but I'm not a fan of tiaras for cheerleaders who can "model a fashion runway" at what I thought was an athletic event.

Susie's mom will probably be jumping with joy though...:rolleyes:

Where'd u see tiaras? I saw they get championship rings?

I think the tiaras are a separate award. For one cheerleader and one dancer. It was on their Facebook in the photos. I'd post a link but I'm on my kindle and can't. Pretty tiara (don't get me wrong I love sparkle as much as anyone), just didn't really think it fit with where I thought this was trying to go.

I hate to go all "mom" but I went to their Facebook page to check it out. Can anyone explain to me what "America's perfect cheerleader" means??? And why she's gonna win a tiara at a cheerleading competition?:confused: 50 states, tiaras...thought we didn't want the pageant stereotype? I thought this champions cup was kind of cool until I saw that (my cp's even considered brushing the cobwebs from their nfinities and trying out). Not sure where they're going with this. Probably just me, but I'm not a fan of tiaras for cheerleaders who can "model a fashion runway" at what I thought was an athletic event.

Susie's mom will probably be jumping with joy though...:rolleyes:
I already jumped them on why boys were excluded. Guess they are working on that now.

weird... i got an e-mail advertising tryouts for this today from cheerlive. except i never, ever signed up for any sort of account with cheerlive so how'd they find me?

and what does "I AM K-14" mean since they're using it for advertisement?

That's what I keep asking myself as well. The concept of the Champions cup is interesting, and if it is run correctly it could be fun for the athletes, but I don't know if they thought everything out all the way. And there isn't enough explanation for something that is brand new.

I already jumped them on why boys were excluded. Guess they are working on that now.
No coed teams??? I thought I saw some male uniforms in their initial photo blast? That sums it up for me. If you can't offer your program to ALL cheerleaders then its not representative of the "best" of anything. They should've started small (and fully inclusive) and worked their way into the epic event they're trying to promote it as.

weird... i got an e-mail advertising tryouts for this today from cheerlive. except i never, ever signed up for any sort of account with cheerlive so how'd they find me?

14 girls and 7 boys chosen to represent them and help market. It's done by Kaepa, so I'm guessing "k" = kaepa and 14 = the group of girls. The boys are K-7.

No coed teams??? I thought I saw some male uniforms in their initial photo blast? That sums it up for me. If you can't offer your program to ALL cheerleaders then its not representative of the "best" of anything. They should've started small (and fully inclusive) and worked their way into the epic event they're trying to promote it as.

Referring to the "America's Perfect Cheerleader" contest that is part of the competition.

Coed teams are definitely part of the champions cup.

Back