All-Star The Champions Cup 2013? Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would never sign up to be on any team without knowing who the coaches are, does no one else think that is not a big issue?

On the website for tryout info there are a couple of locations that will still be holding tryouts into May. The competition is in July. How do you put together athletes from all over the state forming teams, then work on stunt groups that will work well together, then learn a routine and be ready to compete in 6 weeks? Are they going to start working stunt groups and routines and then add in last minute people? Who is doing the choreography? Are they traveling all over the country choreographing routines, are there multiple choreography people who focus on an area? Is music already made and routines work around the music, if not, how long after the routine will it take to receive music?

It doesn't seem possible to pull this off well in such a short amount of time.

Positivity people? :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

:) It just seems like it could be so cool if they do it right. I think a lot of us are worrying a good thing won't happen because the people in charge didn't make sure it was successful. Fingers crossed...I would actually like to see this succeed (minus the tiaras and giving someone a title of "perfect").

Champions cup has been officially "postponed" to 2014 as of today.

Email:

Greetings from The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals,

We wanted to reach out to everyone and let you know after much thoughtful consideration and deliberation, The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals will be moving to next summer, July 14-18, 2014. While we do have enough athletes and teams to continue the event in a restructured fashion, we believe it its imperative to hold true to the visions and ideals this extraordinary event was designed to offer. Simply stated, we are allowing it to grow organically and make your experience all it is intended to be, AMAZING.

Our biggest challenge was time. We began heavily promoting The Champions Cup at the end of February and had the daunting task of working against the 2 busiest months in the All Star Cheerleading world. However even with those challenges, we are now over 500 registrants and still have host gyms across the country asking to join the cause on a daily basis. The word is spreading, and we are hearing nothing but positive outreach. We have spoken and counseled with many of the involved host gyms. Each of the gyms have been in complete support and are eager to keep promoting through the summer and next season.

Unfortunately while states like New Jersey, New York and Illinois have multiple teams with more than 16 athletes, we also have examples of states with one team and 6 athletes. More time will allow each State to build teams where every athlete is properly placed on a full team at their appropriate skill levels.

However, just because the date of the event is being moved does not mean the experience is on hold. We are planning on having all state delegates get together a few times over the summer and begin working together. We would also like to create simple exhibitions at local competitions where they can show their talent, share their pride and spread awareness. Events and promotions will be planned locally throughout the year to spread the word to other athletes, gyms and schools. We will be creating a new, interactive web-site which will let each delegate communicate and connect with others throughout their state and the entire country. Try outs will continue throughout the year and the numbers will continue to grow on a more constant and consistent basis. Because of this, we WILL be able to have team placements by early March and give you all much more time to plan. Furthermore, we will have fund-raising opportunities and will also create opportunities for payment plans.

We genuinely hope each and every one of you will stay involved! You are all already registered for the event in 2014 and will not have to try out again. If you wish to move up a level, simply send a video of just your improved skills, and we will place you accordingly. If you do not wish to partake in The 2014 Champions Cup and all events leading up to it throughout the year, we completely understand and will refund your registration fee. We also realize many of you may have already made travel arrangements. Please e-mail me here with your individual situation, and we will work with you to find a positive solution.

Lastly and most importantly, CEO and Founder Patrick Cowherd and I want to express our most heartfelt appreciation to each and every one of you for your excitement, support, and unbridled dedication to The Champions Cup. Patrick and I will be reaching out to each and every one of you individually to express our gratitude and to make sure we personally address any questions you may have moving forward. With over 500 athletes, this may take a few weeks, yet we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process. The vision is greater than ever, and we cannot wait to continue the effort. And, most of all, we can't wait to continue it with YOU.

Sincerely,

Jayson Polad, President
The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals
The Champions Cup |
mobile - 630.651.2332

Champions cup has been officially "postponed" to 2014 as of today.

Email:

Greetings from The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals,

We wanted to reach out to everyone and let you know after much thoughtful consideration and deliberation, The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals will be moving to next summer, July 14-18, 2014. While we do have enough athletes and teams to continue the event in a restructured fashion, we believe it its imperative to hold true to the visions and ideals this extraordinary event was designed to offer. Simply stated, we are allowing it to grow organically and make your experience all it is intended to be, AMAZING.

Our biggest challenge was time. We began heavily promoting The Champions Cup at the end of February and had the daunting task of working against the 2 busiest months in the All Star Cheerleading world. However even with those challenges, we are now over 500 registrants and still have host gyms across the country asking to join the cause on a daily basis. The word is spreading, and we are hearing nothing but positive outreach. We have spoken and counseled with many of the involved host gyms. Each of the gyms have been in complete support and are eager to keep promoting through the summer and next season.

Unfortunately while states like New Jersey, New York and Illinois have multiple teams with more than 16 athletes, we also have examples of states with one team and 6 athletes. More time will allow each State to build teams where every athlete is properly placed on a full team at their appropriate skill levels.

However, just because the date of the event is being moved does not mean the experience is on hold. We are planning on having all state delegates get together a few times over the summer and begin working together. We would also like to create simple exhibitions at local competitions where they can show their talent, share their pride and spread awareness. Events and promotions will be planned locally throughout the year to spread the word to other athletes, gyms and schools. We will be creating a new, interactive web-site which will let each delegate communicate and connect with others throughout their state and the entire country. Try outs will continue throughout the year and the numbers will continue to grow on a more constant and consistent basis. Because of this, we WILL be able to have team placements by early March and give you all much more time to plan. Furthermore, we will have fund-raising opportunities and will also create opportunities for payment plans.

We genuinely hope each and every one of you will stay involved! You are all already registered for the event in 2014 and will not have to try out again. If you wish to move up a level, simply send a video of just your improved skills, and we will place you accordingly. If you do not wish to partake in The 2014 Champions Cup and all events leading up to it throughout the year, we completely understand and will refund your registration fee. We also realize many of you may have already made travel arrangements. Please e-mail me here with your individual situation, and we will work with you to find a positive solution.

Lastly and most importantly, CEO and Founder Patrick Cowherd and I want to express our most heartfelt appreciation to each and every one of you for your excitement, support, and unbridled dedication to The Champions Cup. Patrick and I will be reaching out to each and every one of you individually to express our gratitude and to make sure we personally address any questions you may have moving forward. With over 500 athletes, this may take a few weeks, yet we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process. The vision is greater than ever, and we cannot wait to continue the effort. And, most of all, we can't wait to continue it with YOU.

Sincerely,

Jayson Polad, President
The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals
The Champions Cup |
mobile - 630.651.2332

I had a feeling this would happen

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have to say though that I would have no trouble trying to support this endeavor in the future though. Jayson has been nothing but gracious and professional and his only downfall has been his failure to make it happen. :( I wish him success in getting it off the ground in 2014.

Why is the founder still telling people (as of a couple of hours ago) to register for this event with no acknowledgment that the event won't be happening until 2014. The dates and all information still point to this July?

Hello everyone! My name is Jayson Polad. As of January of this year, I am the President of The Champions Cup Cheer and Dance State Nationals. I see you have already heard from me above ;) I was recently told about this thread and wanted to make myself available to anyone who had any questions. A lot of answers maybe found in the above post, but I will like to expand on a few points.

Ultimately, we felt it was the best decision to move the inaugural Champions Cup to 2014. With 500 registrants we certainly could have carried on an event, but it would not have been the experience we had promised or that athletes would have expected. Simply, in hindsight, we just did not give ourselves enough time to promote and educate about the event or give a lot of athletes time to prepare financially. If we felt there was no interest or momentum then we would not have chosen to continue. However, support and excitement is still continuing grow and the last few months has given us a sampling on what we can do to improve our efforts as well as capitalize on our successes and expand upon them.

We are still taking registrants and requests for tryouts on a daily basis and through out the year as we continue to move forward and build teams. We will be holding many local events through the year for current registrants including exhibitions as state teams at regional competitions in the fall and winter.

Everyone is being made aware of the event being in 2014. A formal press release and changes to our site and communications will be handled within the next few days. We felt it very important to reach out to our host gyms and athletes first before any broad communications were made.

We realize the concept and idea of The Champions Cup is very grand in nature and will bring up a lot of questions. We also know it will not be for everyone and we completely respect that. Our main goal is just to provide a different type of experience that brings out the competitive best in everyone while being able to foster camaraderie and broaden the horizons of the athletes. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or reach me directly.

Thank you! And have a fantastic day!

Jayson Polad
the champions cup, president
[email protected]
The Champions Cup |
[email protected]

I came on here to see if there was anymore information about the cup. After reading the previous posts, I have most of my questions answered. I don't get on this often but I have been observing from the sidelines in hopes this thing can actually be produced and pulled off. It seems like a lot of fun. Living in south Texas with two cheer babies, I expected to see more gyms involved with this but honestly, after seeing there was only one host facility, in the entire state of Texas--let me repeat that-in the entire state of Texas-leads me to really question what kind of competition really will be involved. How can there be 4 or 5 gyms in other states that dont have as many gyms here in Texas and we have only have one to choose from. Doesn't make much sense. Ive been quietly watching the feeds and facebook and have seen the advertisements going on for almost a year splattered all on my feed walls. Yet when you go to their website, it lacks the updated information needed to convince me this is a worth while event. These k14 or 7 I really don't get the angle on that, I recall one little cheerleader well repesented on facebook promoting the heck out of this thing and its seems they have conveniently replaced her with cheerlebrities who I never saw promoting it once except to see their pictures on the website. I heard from another parent that the kid later said they werent gonna be promoting it for whatever reason or another (and after seeing them everywhere EXCEPT on the website and that "K" thing I dont blame them.) I honestly think the company just seems desperate to get the word out yet the cost of this and the 'real world' viability of the cup rubs me the wrong way. Cheer is expensive enough.

I think it can work, but I think the lack of advertisement, the lack of gyms, especially in Texas (I sure don't plan on driving up to Dallas from Houston every week) to be on a potential sandbagged team, and the overall cost is just too much. To spend that much money on a special uniform that can be worn 2 days is a little out of my league. Call me cheap but...I think giving it another year is great provided they can really get the schematics worked out a bit better. I wish this cup the best of luck and I hope if it comes together my daughters will be able to participate.

Back