OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I'd imagine that's possible; Abby has brought it up herself and was met with nothing but resistance from Jess. Since Jojo seems intent on aging down, I wonder if Jess sees it as being more relatable?
I'm still shocked she's actually 13.

I do think Ava can dance but some stuff does look awkward because of her height.
I wonder if the judges knew her from dance moms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ava had one heck of a growth spurt.

ETA: she's 5' 10" at 13 :eek: homegirl can pick up runway modeling as a plan B

Basketball, volleyball or back-spotting too ;). I find it a bit unusual that the next tallest girl is maybe 10" shorter than her. How can every other contestant be that short? Are they all 8/9 and she's the only 13 year old?

I'm impressed Ava made it far enough to be photographed for a promo and equally horrified that she got far enough to make it into a promo.

I'm impressed Ava made it far enough to be photographed for a promo and equally horrified that she got far enough to make it into a promo.
That was the same outfit she wore in her first audition so I don't think its revealing how far she has gotten. Probably a photo from that first batch of kids.

It could also be that they let her through not because she's good enough for the show, but because they know that she'll bring in viewers. It seems like they do that with the adult version sometimes; let a person go farther than they should in the audition process (or even on the show) because the producers think they're "entertaining" or already have a fanbase.

After reading this thread I got curious and went and watched the first episode. The show obviously isn't targeted toward me, but it wasn't terrible either.

Ava got up and started crying about how she's using her height as a platform to show that people that look different can still do what they love. Then she said she was kicked off a dance team for being too tall (referencing Dance Moms) and something about cyber bullies because she's skinny

I watched the first SYTYCD episode. I know bullying isn't a joke, but I definitely think she was playing up those tears. Doesn't Maddie get to judge this show? Think of the drama when a girl from the team Ava was kicked off of doesn't like her! Though I think Maddie is only judging the live shows, and I don't see Ava making it out of "the academy" to make it that far.

Sounds like way too much dance moms influence already on the SYTYCD show, and it's only the first episode :/. That wasn't even a real dance team she was kicked off of, but a fake one put together to do fake competitions for a drama laden reality show filming. Like gosh - don't drag manufactured reality show drama into your SYTYCD backstory and cry about it like it's real - they signed up to be treated badly by Abby for fame and ratings.

It's such a shame that one of the greatest dance shows ever has stooped to this - smh.

I'm sure her being that tall at such a young age has its hardships, but dealing w/ Abby didn't need to be one (her mom did that to her so they could get fame). Also, she's going on a show where the age range is 8-13, and she's 13 and very tall - of course she's gonna stand out. If it were the regular show w/ fully grown dancers she'd be fine and everyone would be going nuts over her legs like they did w/ Jasmine. Ava just needs to stop dancing w/ little kids in productions based about tiny little girls dancing, and her height won't be such an issue - and can even be an asset. Just bad parenting by her crazy mom IMO.

It could also be that they let her through not because she's good enough for the show, but because they know that she'll bring in viewers. It seems like they do that with the adult version sometimes; let a person go farther than they should in the audition process (or even on the show) because the producers think they're "entertaining" or already have a fanbase.

Maybe they are hoping for some Ava/Maddie tension. Isn't Maddie judging or something?? I can see at some point this drama being attempted by producers ... not saying it would be a real drama.

Sounds like way too much dance moms influence already on the SYTYCD show, and it's only the first episode :/. That wasn't even a real dance team she was kicked off of, but a fake one put together to do fake competitions for a drama laden reality show filming. Like gosh - don't drag manufactured reality show drama into your SYTYCD backstory and cry about it like it's real - they signed up to be treated badly by Abby for fame and ratings.

It's such a shame that one of the greatest dance shows ever has stooped to this - smh.

I'm sure her being that tall at such a young age has its hardships, but dealing w/ Abby didn't need to be one (her mom did that to her so they could get fame). Also, she's going on a show where the age range is 8-13, and she's 13 and very tall - of course she's gonna stand out. If it were the regular show w/ fully grown dancers she'd be fine and everyone would be going nuts over her legs like they did w/ Jasmine. Ava just needs to stop dancing w/ little kids in productions based about tiny little girls dancing, and her height won't be such an issue - and can even be an asset. Just bad parenting by her crazy mom IMO.

Yes! Agreed!

I watched the first SYTYCD episode. I know bullying isn't a joke, but I definitely think she was playing up those tears. Doesn't Maddie get to judge this show? Think of the drama when a girl from the team Ava was kicked off of doesn't like her! Though I think Maddie is only judging the live shows, and I don't see Ava making it out of "the academy" to make it that far.
Maybe they are hoping for some Ava/Maddie tension. Isn't Maddie judging or something?? I can see at some point this drama being attempted by producers ... not saying it would be a real drama.
Ava and her mom made a little video for the farewell montage on the Maddie and Mackenzie goodbye special. They all said good things about one another so I doubt there's actual tension between the children, just the parents.

Ava and her mom made a little video for the farewell montage on the Maddie and Mackenzie goodbye special. They all said good things about one another so I doubt there's actual tension between the children, just the parents.

At one point, they were cast members and I doubt Lifetime would have allowed it to air if it was negative. Also, whatever Maddie thinks of Ava is irrelevant; if she reacted positively no one says a thing, if she doesn't however she gets slammed as being a brat, egocentric...etc.

Latest posts

Back