OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I love all the ballroom dancers. Kids doing ballroom seems less common than contemporary or hip hop so it's like seeing them as tiny adult ballroom dancers everyone's familiar with and that amuses me so much.

I love all the ballroom dancers. Kids doing ballroom seems less common than contemporary or hip hop so it's like seeing them as tiny adult ballroom dancers everyone's familiar with and that amuses me so much.
I think it's creepy though when they have older even adult aged partners. Makes me wonder why an adult would want to partner with a child.

I think it's creepy though when they have older even adult aged partners. Makes me wonder why an adult would want to partner with a child.
Yeah that sounds creepy. There was one girl who danced with her dad/coach and it was so sweet!

For the auditions, it seemed like a lot of them said their partner's couldn't or wouldn't travel with them so they used stand-ins.

As a ballroom dancer boys can be very hard to come by at an advanced level so many kids dance with their teachers. There are even comps in the UK where you dance with your teacher but they are judging you. Also from a learning point of view many teacher are competitors so when you take hold and you make a mistake they know what is wrong and how to fix it.
For me it is the norm so it is strange that people find it creepy.

I'm still mostly confused on Maddie's role for SYTYCD---I know she's there for the live shows, but she seems so unnecessary. As for the all-star picks...lots of side eye. Nice way to get Mackenzie on the show though...LOL

I'm still mostly confused on Maddie's role for SYTYCD---I know she's there for the live shows, but she seems so unnecessary. As for the all-star picks...lots of side eye. Nice way to get Mackenzie on the show though...LOL

I don't think she should be judging, because IMO most of these kids are out of her league and she'll just be sitting there to be the guaranteed "say something nice" judge. Currently, I feel like she's the kid's version of Cat Deeley. If that's her role for the live shows, in more of a hosting capacity, I think she'll do well.

I definitely feel like a couple kids got ripped off.

Back