OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Ava and her mom made a little video for the farewell montage on the Maddie and Mackenzie goodbye special. They all said good things about one another so I doubt there's actual tension between the children, just the parents.

That was my thought... but I wouldn't put it past these adult producers to try to create some tension. I don't think there is "real" tension if anything I think these kids get that they are all in the same fishbowl. I'm just hoping that adults in charge don't try to encourage these girls to make drama

So I watched the first episode and didn't really come away thinking positively or negatively about the show. Clearly some kids are very talented and I appreciated that they seemed tame when passing; I was disappointed in a few parents that were just too obvious about being stage parents and I likely wouldn't have given the last duo a second try or allowed each through, but I'm sure it helped with viewership.

I was, however, disappointed to see the reaction to Ava on the SYTYCD FB page. There was also a lot of comparison to Dance Mom's and I didn't really get that vibe either. It did seem like a lot of people watching felt that any DM kid didn't deserve to be on the show.

I also wish they would have shown more of Sophia Lucia; I absolutely love watching her dance and it'll be interesting to see if she actually shows up to the Academy. She also made it through to Hollywood when she auditioned for America's Got Talent but never went because she refused to sign a contract with the show. I'm assuming things have changed, or it'll be more or less the same with this show.

So I watched the first episode and didn't really come away thinking positively or negatively about the show. Clearly some kids are very talented and I appreciated that they seemed tame when passing; I was disappointed in a few parents that were just too obvious about being stage parents and I likely wouldn't have given the last duo a second try or allowed each through, but I'm sure it helped with viewership.

I was, however, disappointed to see the reaction to Ava on the SYTYCD FB page. There was also a lot of comparison to Dance Mom's and I didn't really get that vibe either. It did seem like a lot of people watching felt that any DM kid didn't deserve to be on the show.

I also wish they would have shown more of Sophia Lucia; I absolutely love watching her dance and it'll be interesting to see if she actually shows up to the Academy. She also made it through to Hollywood when she auditioned for America's Got Talent but never went because she refused to sign a contract with the show. I'm assuming things have changed, or it'll be more or less the same with this show.

If you're a dance fan, I feel like Sophia Lucia is already a household name. Yes, the show still gives her more exposure to the masses beyond the dance world, but I don't feel she *needs* this show to make it far in her career. She's doing just fine on her own. If I were her, I wouldn't sign a contract limiting my gig opportunities either - but again, then why is she even trying to do the show?

I'll give the show a chance, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. There are some PHENOMENAL kid dancers who peak at age 13 and then fade into the background. With the adults, so many SYTYCD contestants go on to DWTS, on tours with major artists, music videos, or at least solid work that gives them a monthly paycheck (which isn't easier as a dancer in hollywood) What are the kids going to do?

I think Sophia is looking to get more fame for dancing, yet again - she's been on many different shows over the years, why not ad this one to her list too. I sometimes think that actually working as a pro dancer as an adult is going to seem boring to her compared to all the fame and accolades she's been enjoying as a child prodigy.

I wonder at what point she's going to stop training/competiting and start working?

I just saw that Nia is going to be in Trip of Love (I can't remember if the theatre it's in is off-Broadway or Broadway...) starting some time in July.

Go Nia! I had to look it up and it appears to be off-Broadway. I hope she enjoys her time!

I know everyone's not really feeling this season of SYTYCD but holy amazeballs at this promo. :eek: What could Maddie even judge her on. 10s across the board. 10 10 10 10 10.

Last edited:
I see Maddie being like the nice, encouraging judge---beyond that, I'm not sure what to expect from her.

lmao i just watched jojo's video.... who does she think she is a mini iggy azalea, ugh moms stop making your kids sing and do these terrible videos, itll haunt them in the future. the only one who's video was actually good was nia's. Jess feeds off of jill. and this over the top sparkly bow thing is ridiculous shes 13, it needs to stop shes gonna go to high school looking like she belongs in elementary

Not a huge fan of SYTCD Junior but I've caught a couple of glimpses through the episode because my daughter watches it and records and there is some really talented kids out there!! So far there are two girls that have definitely caught my eye and they're just amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm rooting for the girl from Canada at this point and I feel horrible that I don't know her name; but she's the one from the promo.

I know everyone's not really feeling this season of SYTYCD but holy amazeballs at this promo. :eek: What could Maddie even judge her on. 10s across the board. 10 10 10 10 10.

She is amazing! I watched her original audition and was in awe with her talent!

i love maddie, i do but im gonna be hypocritical and say it, her dancing isnt even close to what some of these kids put out both her age and younger. I think she is and was far to over hyped.
granted she seems to be leaning more towards getting into acting then dancing now so it probably doesnt even matter anymore

Back