OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I think Avery could have taken Tate. I personally feel they didn't show enough of Avery because her team's film time went to Tate, but she has mini YAGP and a bronze medal. Tate has a silver YAGP win. Putting them on the same team was cruel.

Seeing Tate and Avery doing comp side by side, I felt Avery was a beat behind. But since they were on the same team; outside of that team, the only competition for Tate was Sophia.

First look at Nia in Trip of Love! Hopefully she will be the next to escape the show.

I'd love to see Nia break out onto broadway. I think her acting is sometimes over the top which is perfect for live theatre and I think she'd be able to pick up the choreography of most shows. She'd need a few years of acting and singing lessons to land any lead role but she'd probably be a strong enable member for a number of shows!

I think Avery could have taken Tate. I personally feel they didn't show enough of Avery because her team's film time went to Tate, but she has mini YAGP and a bronze medal. Tate has a silver YAGP win. Putting them on the same team was cruel.
Yeah I was disappointed she didn't make it through I wish they could have been on different teams so they could have both made it! I really liked Avery and her mom!

The girl that was chosen over Sophia danced to a song tonight called "Girls Gone Wild" like as in that franchise :confused:

ETA: the song is actually called "The Girl's Gone Wild" but the lyrics are still the same

They should have kept Maddie in school instead of pulling her out for dance moms and homeschooling her. Last night, as a SYTYCD judge, she said, "I've dealed with props, too." She could have gotten away with it, if not for the dramatic pause after deal. She was seriously thinking about whether it was a -t or an -ed at the end. The rest of her feedback hasn't gotten any better, she just sounds so inarticulate every week. And for those of you not watching, YAY for us because as a celebration next week Maddie will be gracing us with her presence on stage. :rolleyes: Except it's a duet with Travis Wall, so I am a little excited because I'd watch that man dance any day.

Tate is clearly winning SYTYCD, but I think the final three will be Tate, Kida, and JT. What's sad is I feel like I love JT but then yesterday I realized I have no idea what he does in any dance because I cannot take my eyes off of Robert. He steals the stage and JT is just a cute prop for him. I even re-watched JT's dances with intentions of just watching him and found myself staring at Robert again. I used to do the same with Kida/Fikshun but this week that switched and I was watching Kida more, so mission accomplished there. Tate is a technically better dancer than Kathryn, IMO, so that's never been an issue with them. Though Kathryn does have a better overall package.

Loved Tahani's duet with Comfort last night and I think she does really well with most other styles, but I am never into her solos. Emma is great but I get bored with so much tap. Yes, you tap and you can turn. I've seen you do it 12 times. Give me something more.

Loved Tahani's duet with Comfort last night and I think she does really well with most other styles, but I am never into her solos. Emma is great but I get bored with so much tap. Yes, you tap and you can turn. I've seen you do it 12 times. Give me something more.

Yeah I really wish they could give Emma and emotional piece for tap or at least something with a story you know? Her and her partner are amazing but I just want a storyline and some connection between the two of them past just a smile and sassy peformance.

Yeah I really wish they could give Emma and emotional piece for tap or at least something with a story you know? Her and her partner are amazing but I just want a storyline and some connection between the two of them past just a smile and sassy peformance.

I LOVED the sunny side of the street dance, so I was happy with that. Gaby did win, so maybe America loves tap more than I thought lol.

I've decided JT should absolutely not be a finalist. He's cute. He can dance. I'm sure he won over a lot of people based on personality. But, his technique really isn't on par with any of the other contestants. Robert has been carrying them, because like I said earlier, I really only watch him when they duet. As I've started to focus on JT it's become glaringly obvious he is not the best dancer. He's great for his age, but I could walk in any Star Power competition and find a little boy just like him. The rest of those kids are leagues ahead of him.

I LOVED the sunny side of the street dance, so I was happy with that. Gaby did win, so maybe America loves tap more than I thought lol.

I've decided JT should absolutely not be a finalist. He's cute. He can dance. I'm sure he won over a lot of people based on personality. But, his technique really isn't on par with any of the other contestants. Robert has been carrying them, because like I said earlier, I really only watch him when they duet. As I've started to focus on JT it's become glaringly obvious he is not the best dancer. He's great for his age, but I could walk in any Star Power competition and find a little boy just like him. The rest of those kids are leagues ahead of him.
I'm just gutted Tahani and Ruby got eliminated over JT I just liked Tahani in all the duets she did

I'm just gutted Tahani and Ruby got eliminated over JT I just liked Tahani in all the duets she did

I agree. Ruby and Tahani are both extremely versatile dancers and I wish the show showed more of that. I know the purpose of this season is to have their mentors in their style... but the mentors are versatile, too, and I wish they did an "out-of-style" dance with the all-star the weeks they didn't duet with another kid to replace either the in-style all-star duet or their solo.

I agree. Ruby and Tahani are both extremely versatile dancers and I wish the show showed more of that. I know the purpose of this season is to have their mentors in their style... but the mentors are versatile, too, and I wish they did an "out-of-style" dance with the all-star the weeks they didn't duet with another kid to replace either the in-style all-star duet or their solo.

I completely agree!! Like a Kida and Fik-Shun contemporary or jazz would be amazing. I want to see the mentors pushed as well.
The standout number so far has been Tanhani and Comfort's Lyrical hip hop it was genius

I completely agree!! Like a Kida and Fik-Shun contemporary or jazz would be amazing. I want to see the mentors pushed as well.
The standout number so far has been Tanhani and Comfort's Lyrical hip hop it was genius

Ruby and Kida's contemporary to Somewhere over the Rainbow was one of my favorites, again for the versatility. The Mirror with Robert and JT was phenomenal, but as far as the competition, all the important dancing was done by Robert and JT is just his prop. And Tate and Kathryn's She Used to be Mine makes me cry. I think they're my favorites so far.

Back