OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Ruby and Kida's contemporary to Somewhere over the Rainbow was one of my favorites, again for the versatility. The Mirror with Robert and JT was phenomenal, but as far as the competition, all the important dancing was done by Robert and JT is just his prop. And Tate and Kathryn's She Used to be Mine makes me cry. I think they're my favorites so far.
I'm so glad she picked to redo that one tonight. It gives me chills and makes me tear up. It's incredible that amazing dancers and choreography can do that.

I think the top 3 is going to be Tate, Kida and JT; JT not because he's the most talented but because of the cute factor. I genuinely hope they never, ever do this kid format again.

I think the top 3 is going to be Tate, Kida and JT; JT not because he's the most talented but because of the cute factor. I genuinely hope they never, ever do this kid format again.
I agree with everything you said:D

I kind of really liked the kids :oops: but agree that if they repeat this format, the novelty will have worn off, and I don't know that I'd like it long term.

However, I'd keep the kids and get rid of Paula any day. She sounds strung out and I hate listening to her. I usually mute her, tbh. And if we're going to keep Maddie, please teach her some new adjectives and feed her some lines to say. I can only listen to so much:"That was really great." "That was awesome" "I really love you guys-es partnership" per week.

I only watched one episode of the live shows. It was just strange to hear adults talking about these emotional connections with these kids. I just felt it was very overly dramatic and just a reach. I just didn't dig it

I do plan on watching Dance Moms tonight. I feel like this will be the last season I watch. So many of the original people are gone....it's hard to replace people in these situations because they always give off the vibe of trying to hard (not that This hasn't been the case for awhile now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even realize Dance Mom's was premiering tonight---I'm sure I'll skim it just to see the direction of the show, but can't imagine being dedicated to it weekly like I used to be.

I think the kid format was just poorly done. It started with the mentoring stuff---how teams were picked and keeping people in their styles---and it's just gone downhill. There is no question that these kids can dance, but most tapper off around the 13/14 age group and are never seen from again. If they want a younger audience I would have done like 13-18 instead of the 7/8-13 age group they went with.

I've never liked Maddie and it is totally Dance Mom's fault---from her snotty interviews to her mother, I quickly flip past her whenever I see her on something or in pictures...etc. That said, I don't think this show was a great fit for her. Not only could these kids dance circles around her, but her role/advice was just not great from a viewers perspective. Maybe the contestants loved having her---but from someone watching, she seemed out of place.

I hope they go back to adults next season.

Still can't get into SYTYCD. Love the regular show! No matter how talented these kids are.......and they r!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havent been able to watch a whole lot of the kid version, except what ive seen on youtube. Im confused why/how maddie was able to get a judging role on this show.

im kind of curious as to what some of the kid competitors think of her critiques, etc.

havent been able to watch a whole lot of the kid version, except what ive seen on youtube. Im confused why/how maddie was able to get a judging role on this show.

im kind of curious as to what some of the kid competitors think of her critiques, etc.

She doesn't really critique though. She just goes "WOW, that was so great/amazing/awesome." or "I love the chemistry between you and your mentor" She never really says anything negative, none of the judges do for the most part.
But I do wonder what the other kids think of her being there, especially Tate since they're from the same contemporary world...

I would like the show to go back to adults next season. I do like the idea of having a teen competition, as long as it follows the same format of the adults. I don't like only praise from the judges and the lack of variance in the dances. All of their dances are starting to blur together, especially Emma's. And I've been wanting Tate would do a solo en pointe all season.

She doesn't really critique though. She just goes "WOW, that was so great/amazing/awesome." or "I love the chemistry between you and your mentor" She never really says anything negative, none of the judges do for the most part.
But I do wonder what the other kids think of her being there, especially Tate since they're from the same contemporary world...

I would like the show to go back to adults next season. I do like the idea of having a teen competition, as long as it follows the same format of the adults. I don't like only praise from the judges and the lack of variance in the dances. All of their dances are starting to blur together, especially Emma's. And I've been wanting Tate would do a solo en pointe all season.

So she's basically the Paula Abdul of the tween set?

When will a new season of sytycd be announced.
It gets later and later every year... Nigel use to make an official announcement mid-present season, but in recent years it gets pushed till after the present season ends.

Most likely because they're on the verge of being cancelled by FOX? Either way, ratings have tanked over the years.

If they get the thumbs up for another season, I hope, for their sake too, that they bring back the adult version. I've chosen not to follow this season, but I've seen a couple of clips to know that my eyes are still drawn to the all-stars more than the kids.

Last edited:
It gets later and later every year... Nigel use to make an official announcement mid-present season, but in recent years it gets pushed till after the present season ends.

Most likely because they're on the verge of being cancelled by FOX? Either way, ratings have tanked over the years.

If they get the thumbs up for another season, I hope, for their sake too, that they bring back the adult version. I've chosen not to follow this season, but I've seen a couple of clips to know that my eyes are still drawn to the all-stars more than the kids.

Yep. and ratings with the kids tanked even more; though they probably did the kids in the first place expecting the ratings to improve. That backfired. I don't see more than one or two seasons left for them.

Completely unrelated to Dance Moms or SYTYCD, but I've been replaying this clip for while now and I just can't get enough of it... the visuals are so pleasing to my eyes, I hope people here can appreciate the choreography and cleanliness as much as I do:

If anyone is curious, the film is called 4M Under, it's a contemporary dance film:

Back