OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Poor Nia is dumb & delusional. She's 13. She just showed up to dance class and worked hard. She didn't know the set up. Now, there are new kids sniffing around? She always has one foot off of the island, and a piranha bitting on her ankle. Not a good feeling for a 13yo.

Kalani might make a good model, but it's hard to tell. She's interesting and exotic looking. But, she still has quite a bit of baby fat rounding out her bone structure. So, you can't really tell what she'll look like when her cheeks hollow a bit, and her chin sharpens a little. Maybe in the future.

Poor Nia is dumb & delusional. She's 13. She just showed up to dance class and worked hard. She didn't know the set up. Now, there are new kids sniffing around? She always has one foot off of the island, and a piranha bitting on her ankle. Not a good feeling for a 13yo.

Kalani might make a good model, but it's hard to tell. She's interesting and exotic looking. But, she still has quite a bit of baby fat rounding out her bone structure. So, you can't really tell what she'll look like when her cheeks hollow a bit, and her chin sharpens a little. Maybe in the future.
That's a bit harsh, isn't it?

That's a bit harsh, isn't it?

Someone else said she sounded "dumb and delusional". My answer was meant to be sarcastic (in responding to the comments above it) meaning that all kids her age are "dumb" (read as naive and ignorant to adult ways/intentions). I should have quoted it and been clearer.

ETA: I was responding to the comments below:

Anyway. Nia sounds dumb and delusional and petty in that video. Shes not a dancer. She doesn't have much in the way of musicality, she lack grace, her feet are crap and frankly she tries to hard at it. Her flexibility is also a struggle.... lots of Nia's struggles are evident in the other girls as well...like Kendall...

All star cheer would have done wonders for her because its apparent that tumbling is something she could have excelled at.

Personally, I don't think Nia should quit dance if she loves it. That's like telling a girl who doesn't tumble well, that she should quit Allstar cheer. Maybe, she needs the right environment to do what she loves.

I take adult ballet classes. I'm in no way the greatest dancer. I've taken classes off and on my entire life. Once, I took some classes at Alvin Ailey and I learned things, and felt muscles I didn't know I could. See, environment changes perspective.

Last edited:
11069895_817132055001214_1156779078650673070_n.jpg

Chloe competed this weekend; pretty sure it's her first competition since joining Studio 19 and leaving Dance Moms for good.

Here's Chloe's dance recreated:

The preview for the next episode looked horrible. Jojo might be annying but she is a kid after all and you don't do that to a kid, poor thing

The preview is heartbreaking to see. That was terrible for them to do. How could the moms be ok with letting their girls do that? How awful it is to single someone out like that and say those things in front of everyone. If I ever had anyone line up to tell me all the things they didn't like about me I'd be extremely hurt. Especially if they were my teammates. I'm glad Abby does not have her own children.

Not that this makes it OK, but I feel like they probably did it for each kid. Our studio has done something similar where each girl dances alone, and everyone has to critique it (except in our case you also have to say something NICE). It's not my favorite thing we do by any means, but it happens.

Like I said, not that it excuses it, but the preview makes it look like they only did it to Jojo. I'm pretty sure when we see the episode (by "we" I mean y'all, because I have only seen one episode this season lol), it'll turn out that they each had to say something about everyone.

Not that this makes it OK, but I feel like they probably did it for each kid. Our studio has done something similar where each girl dances alone, and everyone has to critique it (except in our case you also have to say something NICE). It's not my favorite thing we do by any means, but it happens.

Like I said, not that it excuses it, but the preview makes it look like they only did it to Jojo. I'm pretty sure when we see the episode (by "we" I mean y'all, because I have only seen one episode this season lol), it'll turn out that they each had to say something about everyone.

I have yet to see the episode. I'll be watching it later tonight with the rest of my "Tuesday" shows. I figured it was tricky editing and they probably did it to everyone. What I didn't like was Nia being shown say to something not about Jojo's dancing and that really bothered me.

I honestly don't mind a healthy, constructive critique by peers. That did not seem constructive or healthy.

But I will see what really happened later tonight.

If this were any other studio with any other teacher than I'd agree with you, but we've seen Abby Lee pull this stunt on other dancers in the past. And it's only been a specific dancer at a time.

I had to do this for high school cheer too. Everyone had to do the 1st half of our competition routine, the cheer, individually in front of everyone else, including tumbling and jumps. But, similar to you, they had to say something nice as well.

This is probably irrelevant to the show, but it just made me remember that we had to do it in cheer too.

If this were any other studio with any other teacher than I'd agree with you, but we've seen Abby Lee pull this stunt on other dancers in the past. And it's only been a specific dancer at a time.
I think I've literally seen 5 episodes of this show in the past 3 seasons, so I'll defer to you guys' expertise on this one. [emoji12]

Someone else said she sounded "dumb and delusional". My answer was meant to be sarcastic (in responding to the comments above it) meaning that all kids her age are "dumb" (read as naive and ignorant to adult ways/intentions). I should have quoted it and been clearer.

ETA: I was responding to the comments below:

Personally, I don't think Nia should quit dance if she loves it. That's like telling a girl who doesn't tumble well, that she should quit Allstar cheer. Maybe, she needs the right environment to do what she loves.

I take adult ballet classes. I'm in no way the greatest dancer. I've taken classes off and on my entire life. Once, I took some classes at Alvin Ailey and I learned things, and felt muscles I didn't know I could. See, environment changes perspective.

I don't think children should quit something that they love just because they aren't the best at it, but I also don't think its a good to keep kids like that in a highly competitive environment w/ an agressive coach who expects a level of perfection that the child clearly does not have the talent to produce. That's just going to lead to lots of unnecessary yelling and belittling of the child, and of a loss of self esteem as they are repeatedly exposed to and compared to peers that have superior talent to them. Nia should be with a less advanced group of girls, w/ a teacher who doesn't expect her to place in the top 5 every time she has a solo - she probably was before the show if I had to guess.

Here's Chloe's dance recreated:

Yepper - that's the typical teen/senior contemporary competition dance for you ;). Try sitting watching dance after dance like that for 3-4 hours straight as they go through the category. Lyrical is pretty rough too. It can get very depressing - lol.

I personally prefer jazz and upbeat stuff, but judges seem to never let those dances take first, so everyone feels they NEED to do the sad contemporary to have a shot at winning.

I honestly think that Chloe has the highest chance of a career as a dancer when she is older and best thing they did was leave the show. Even many seasons back when they had the summer ballet scholarship offer it was Chloe that got it. I think Maddie this season has the look of I can not WAIT to be done with this. I can see her doing some more Disney tween show type of stuff but burning out from all of this and just wanting a quieter life. She has looked so tired on some of the shows this season - just looks like Abby is going to use her up till the kid doesn't have anymore left. UK mom show uggghhh. Even the regular Dance Mom show just feels like we are coming to the end of a long ride.

Back