OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Do you watch the show? Are you not able to comprehend what I said in context to what happened on the episode? Nevermind the fact that initially you said you took issue with me "calling her" dumb, delusional and petty...which I never did.

For a refresher, the premise of the entire episode was 1. Attack Jojo and give her a jacket and 2. Holly's plight of how her child is now a lyrical dancer....to which rightfully ALM pointed out that her child does in fact struggle with lyrical....because of all of the struggles I listed in my post.

Did I say she should quit? No. Because I don't have a particular dog in this fight, so I really don't care where Holly spends her Lifetime coins ....but the fact of the matter is Nia can't get up there and cast stones at JoJo...who for whatever its worth IS a better dancer and performer than she is and THAT is why she gets solos over Nia and it has nothing to do "Jojo taking opportunities away from people that have been there longer". Better is Better. Nia could only hem and haw about JoJo taking opportunities from her because of the longer amount of time shes spent with ALM because Nia surely cant talk about anyone elses technique or dancing ability .

So NO. Nia is not a dancer, will she be able to gyrate to a rhythmic beat in a rap video... sure...its exactly what shes doing now in her "pop career" (but in that latest video Jojo be bopped on stage ad outshined her sooo...)... could she ever be a competitive technical dancer. Never. Could she even pull off with Maddie did in those Sia videos... Naw..

She is the TOKEN (and this has been admitted by those on the show) black girl, cast to dance with a group of girls that prior to the show she was never grouped with. She has struggled, and continues to struggle to this day. She is then burdened with struggle solos, or placed on stage to perform a solo where shes made to look a fool (Laqueefa, plus the others that I don't feel like recalling)

Dancing recreationally and dancing competitively are not the same thing. If this show were about recreational dancers then Nia's (or any of their) feet, back, legs, lack of grace and lack of musicality would be neither here nor there. But this show is about competitive dancers that compete to win... and ALM's attempt to make them stars. In the context of what the show is about and Nia's actual ability... it doesn't make sense for her ( and a couple others) to be there and be presented as being the cream of the crop
Do you watch the show? Are you not able to comprehend what I said in context to what happened on the episode? Nevermind the fact that initially you said you took issue with me "calling her" dumb, delusional and petty...which I never did.

For a refresher, the premise of the entire episode was 1. Attack Jojo and give her a jacket and 2. Holly's plight of how her child is now a lyrical dancer....to which rightfully ALM pointed out that her child does in fact struggle with lyrical....because of all of the struggles I listed in my post.

Did I say she should quit? No. Because I don't have a particular dog in this fight, so I really don't care where Holly spends her Lifetime coins ....but the fact of the matter is Nia can't get up there and cast stones at JoJo...who for whatever its worth IS a better dancer and performer than she is and THAT is why she gets solos over Nia and it has nothing to do "Jojo taking opportunities away from people that have been there longer". Better is Better. Nia could only hem and haw about JoJo taking opportunities from her because of the longer amount of time shes spent with ALM because Nia surely cant talk about anyone elses technique or dancing ability .

So NO. Nia is not a dancer, will she be able to gyrate to a rhythmic beat in a rap video... sure...its exactly what shes doing now in her "pop career" (but in that latest video Jojo be bopped on stage ad outshined her sooo...)... could she ever be a competitive technical dancer. Never. Could she even pull off with Maddie did in those Sia videos... Naw..

She is the TOKEN (and this has been admitted by those on the show) black girl, cast to dance with a group of girls that prior to the show she was never grouped with. She has struggled, and continues to struggle to this day. She is then burdened with struggle solos, or placed on stage to perform a solo where shes made to look a fool (Laqueefa, plus the others that I don't feel like recalling)

Dancing recreationally and dancing competitively are not the same thing. If this show were about recreational dancers then Nia's (or any of their) feet, back, legs, lack of grace and lack of musicality would be neither here nor there. But this show is about competitive dancers that compete to win... and ALM's attempt to make them stars. In the context of what the show is about and Nia's actual ability... it doesn't make sense for her ( and a couple others) to be there and be presented as being the cream of the crop

Of course I watch the show. I apologized if I misconstrued. Ergo, you won. You made your point. Show some grace. Don't continue to be condescending. Take it for what it is. (shrugs shoulders)

Last edited:
Of course I watch the show. I apologized if I misconstrued. Ergo, you won. You made your point. Show some grace. Don't continue to be condescending. Take it for what it is. (shrugs shoulders)

I think you're the one that started with the condescending attitude and accusatory tone in an attempt to twist my words around....I just merely clarified to put an end to your confusion, but okay girl. No need to continue to go back and forth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i just had to pause 7:50 minutes into the new episode. It drives me batshit crazy that these moms act surprised whenever abby tells them that they will be going back to LA. Come on now as if you hadn't already known , aren't you the MOTHER? ugh so annoying

I can't stand when the UK copies trashy American shows. This is one of those instances in which Brits shouldn't want to copy us lol.
LOL pretty certain it doesn't happen often!

When ALM came to see us at work she told us that they were a hot mess. I haven't attempted to watch cause if she knows it's a train wreck, it must be truly awful!

LOL pretty certain it doesn't happen often!

When ALM came to see us at work she told us that they were a hot mess. I haven't attempted to watch cause if she knows it's a train wreck, it must be truly awful!
I really think we need an American version of Young, Dumb and Living off Mum.

I apologise on behalf of the whole of the UK for the state of dance mums UK, (there a very very small minority) I'm embarrassed.
the whole year i've lived in the UK i have not met one single person like that, altough i gotta say the UK Cheerforum is pretty intense sometimes too haha

the whole year i've lived in the UK i have not met one single person like that, altough i gotta say the UK Cheerforum is pretty intense sometimes too haha

I agree!!! Don't understand why those mums (particularly the two violent ones, can't even remember their names) would want to represent themselves let alone the UK like that!! To all our friends across the pond, I promise we are not like that!

I agree!!! Don't understand why those mums (particularly the two violent ones, can't even remember their names) would want to represent themselves let alone the UK like that!! To all our friends across the pond, I promise we are not like that!

i'm also confused about the dance teacher, i tried to look her up and all i got were some skimpy pictures in bathing suits and underwear, is she even a dancer?!

I don't know some stage mums can be flipping awful and don't get me started on equestrain mums sheesh they can be brutal.
Cheerforum is intense but even more so in the uk most people in the cheer world know each other. This is my second season with cheer but I meet so many people I know at comps

If you don't judge us based on the craziness of Abby lee and her gang, I'm sure we can let this go ;p

Back