OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Chloe win because it is not part of the ALDC scripted show. If a cheer coach ever disrespected my CP and put her down as much as Abby does to Nia or Kalani on the show or does any of The other crazy things I would not stay. It is all for the $$ they r getting paid.

Well hopefully it sounds like change (potentially end) is coming to Dance Moms although personally I think the move to LA was the jump the shark moment. My bet is the do a new one using Ava and her mom's studio or a show on Nia. Abby proved again that she has gone off the deep end. I think Melissa is showing her true colors more or at least getting caught on camera. In all honesty I think she is the mom I dislike the most because I think at least for the most part everyone else OWNS who they are and she does not (but perhaps she doesn't really know who she is either). I found Nia's new video a little boring and repetitive but you know what I can at least see her of all of them staying and LA and working if she wanted that route. Perhaps that is why Abby has always been nasty to her.... I think Abby needs kids and parents who "NEED" her anyone strong enough to stand on their own she tries to beat down in the most juvenile ways. While this show has been my Tuesday night junk food guilty pleasure - ready for it to end.

Well hopefully it sounds like change (potentially end) is coming to Dance Moms although personally I think the move to LA was the jump the shark moment. My bet is the do a new one using Ava and her mom's studio or a show on Nia. Abby proved again that she has gone off the deep end. I think Melissa is showing her true colors more or at least getting caught on camera. In all honesty I think she is the mom I dislike the most because I think at least for the most part everyone else OWNS who they are and she does not (but perhaps she doesn't really know who she is either). I found Nia's new video a little boring and repetitive but you know what I can at least see her of all of them staying and LA and working if she wanted that route. Perhaps that is why Abby has always been nasty to her.... I think Abby needs kids and parents who "NEED" her anyone strong enough to stand on their own she tries to beat down in the most juvenile ways. While this show has been my Tuesday night junk food guilty pleasure - ready for it to end.

*Ding, ding, ding* I think you nailed that one the head.

I also dislike Melissa the most and have from the start. Removing Maddie from the equation; I just think she's a really bad mom when it comes to Mackenzie and that makes her impossible for me to like or respect. She may provide the abc essentials that all parents have to, but I think she checked her mom shoes at the door years ago when it comes to Mackenzie and the Mackenzie we see now has less light in her eyes because of it.

I think Kira's engagement on that reunion special was probably one of the most tacky things I've ever seen.

I also think everyone forgot to stay in character. Why did Kalani run up and hug Abby first?

Why were they so excited for a woman they were just yelling at moments prior? Maybe I'm just the Queen of Petty, but if I'd just gotten finished telling someone off, I wouldn't have given them as much as a side eye over an engagement.

Why were they so excited to see the (new) fiance? They must know him pretty well

I think Kira's engagement on that reunion special was probably one of the most tacky things I've ever seen.

I also think everyone forgot to stay in character. Why did Kalani run up and hug Abby first?

Why were they so excited for a woman they were just yelling at moments prior? Maybe I'm just the Queen of Petty, but if I'd just gotten finished telling someone off, I wouldn't have given them as much as a side eye over an engagement.

Why were they so excited to see the (new) fiance? They must know him pretty well

I was thinking the exact same things.

I honestly think the 2 people who are the truest to their self are probably Holly and Jocelyn and they both seemed over it all. I liked how Holly said - yes I came out here and I treated this like a job and focused on doing what I needed for Nia's career. When she got pissed she came back but you could see even before she was done with these people.

I love how Abby and Melissa tried to stick them self front and center of the "engagement". I felt sorry for Kira and her guy (except they are adults and they know what they were getting into) it felt so awkward and staged I am betting their honeymoon etc is now paid for. They all made a joke about a Dance Mom wedding and baby - perhaps the execs have decided to do a "special" (I hope NOT)

I was thinking the exact same things.

I honestly think the 2 people who are the truest to their self are probably Holly and Jocelyn and they both seemed over it all. I liked how Holly said - yes I came out here and I treated this like a job and focused on doing what I needed for Nia's career. When she got pissed she came back but you could see even before she was done with these people.

I love how Abby and Melissa tried to stick them self front and center of the "engagement". I felt sorry for Kira and her guy (except they are adults and they know what they were getting into) it felt so awkward and staged I am betting their honeymoon etc is now paid for. They all made a joke about a Dance Mom wedding and baby - perhaps the execs have decided to do a "special" (I hope NOT)

I think Jocelyn may very well be a good mother, however, I don't give the credit for that because of the simple fact that she KNEW what she was getting in to when she and JoJo joined the show.

The show was already well established. She knew what it was about. She knew what these people were about. She knew how Abby Lee Miller treated those children for the cameras and she JOINED ANYWAY. She not only joined, but she was so desperate to have her child take part in Abby's struggle that she let her kid take part in Abby's Ultimate Dance Challenge....and then knowing what she knew, seeing what she'd saw, and experiencing what she experienced SHE STILL PARTICIPATES IN DANCE MOMS.

Like that is just insane to me. Holly, even Jill can say "we didn't think it would be this bad".... but Kira and Jocelyn literally have no excuses.

Jocelyn says some realistic things that I can agree with... but at the end of the day the participation in this show proves that shes no different than someone like Melissa

She and Holly may appear to be over it...but they're still loving it. They're just putting on an act as far as I'm concerned

Finally got around to watching this...the writing is on the wall, huh, Abbs?

Seriously, this thing was just so over the top dumb. You say the same thing you say in episodes; though watching Melissa's comment to the audience was hysterical. Nothing new; though why were the only group dances ones that Kalani didn't dance in? In fact, Kalani didn't dance at all.

It doesn't sound like Abby will be back, which will be interesting to see how Season 6 goes...frankly, she should stay gone, but it doesn't mean I believe she will.

Chloe just won at The Industry Award for favorite dancer under 17. She was against Sophia Lucia, Maddie, Jojo, and Kalani.

I disagree with the winner of every single category of those awards. but if a dance mom alumni had to win, glad it was chloe.

I think Jocelyn may very well be a good mother, however, I don't give the credit for that because of the simple fact that she KNEW what she was getting in to when she and JoJo joined the show.
She and Holly may appear to be over it...but they're still loving it. They're just putting on an act as far as I'm concerned

Oh not commenting on anyone's mother abilities... I think they all pretty much would not win mother of the year. But I think Jocelyn and Holly own up that they are out to get what they can for their girls even if it means pissing off Abby. Whereas Kira keeps quitting and coming back under the premise because it is what her daughter wants and Melissa and Jill always say it is for the team as long as it is good for them and no one else is getting more out of it. I think none of the moms have the right to say 'we didn't think it would be this bad'.... the have all rode the crazy train and signed new contracts at some point. I think Holly and Jocelyn are loving it but they pretty much have accepted (not happy about it clearly but accepted) that Abby doesn't give a fig about them and honestly they can find more on their own using the Dance Mom exposure. I think Abby only pretends to give a darn about Kendall because Jill fawns over Abby and makes Abby feel like she is in charge of someone (since Maddy no longer needs her to get opportunities and Abby is more a liability than assets for her).

Back