OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Excellent point!! And it parallels what that guy from Seattle said (I'm sorry, I'm not a football fan, but his name is Sherman something) that using terms such as "thug" and "ghetto" are just nice colloquial, PC ways of saying the n word. So I definitely see where you're coming from, and it's a THIN line, but shoot it happens with every show involving black folks. Guaranteed if the walking dead had an all black cast, but same exact writing, what happened this week with that lady killing the kid would be labeled all sorts of things.... It's the nature of the beast I guess. So at this point I just look for things that aren't offensive to me personally (love and hip hop, etc offend me. Seriously) and try to support what I can.

And to bring this back to dance moms: has abby herself ever danced? Like she talks to those kids all kind of crazy, but can she leap?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You're right with the Richard Sherman point. Those words (to me personally) are just PC ways of using the n word....because chances are those are the words you'd use to describe that word in certain context.

To me personally, being called trashy or crazy or whatever ever people call the Dance Moms is different that called ratchet, ghetto, or hoodrat. Simply because those terms are more often than not, used to describe black people or "acting black."

I don't think Holly is any different than the rest of the Dance Moms. Yes she wears her education as a badge of honor and feels like that separates her from the rest of the moms (although I'm sure at least one of them has at least a college education... Christy or Jill maybe?). Sure she is a little more cognizant of how shes is portrayed in terms of the fighting and profanity. However at the end of the day, like all the others she still subjects her child to this foolishness. So to me that just negates it all...because the child's well being is the most important thing....not how educated she can act on television.

I also don't think she stands up to Abby as well as she could when Abby stereotypes her.... However Abby does appear to be learning because the Civil Rights dance was awesome... although No Abby, the civil rights movement is not something I would classify as being an "event"

She also gave (was forced to give up) up her job and career over this mess. That sucks.

No shade to you or anything...but their "near" fight caused you to call them "ratchet" however the multiple fights (verbal or physical) on Dance Moms never result in those moms being called "ratchet".

And I'm not talking about you specifically because this is something I've noticed...and has been brought up by other people on several other Dance forums/reality tv forums and reality tv blogs.

Good point... yikes didn't realize I was stereotyping.

You're right with the Richard Sherman point. Those words (to me personally) are just PC ways of using the n word....because chances are those are the words you'd use to describe that word in certain context.

To me personally, being called trashy or crazy or whatever ever people call the Dance Moms is different that called ratchet, ghetto, or hoodrat. Simply because those terms are more often than not, used to describe black people or "acting black."

I don't think Holly is any different than the rest of the Dance Moms. Yes she wears her education as a badge of honor and feels like that separates her from the rest of the moms (although I'm sure at least one of them has at least a college education... Christy or Jill maybe?). Sure she is a little more cognizant of how shes is portrayed in terms of the fighting and profanity. However at the end of the day, like all the others she still subjects her child to this foolishness. So to me that just negates it all...because the child's well being is the most important thing....not how educated she can act on television.

I also don't think she stands up to Abby as well as she could when Abby stereotypes her.... However Abby does appear to be learning because the Civil Rights dance was awesome... although No Abby, the civil rights movement is not something I would classify as being an "event"

She also gave (was forced to give up) up her job and career over this mess. That sucks.
That's ridiculous! She was a school principal!

And speaking of Civil Rights, when Nia and Asia were being asked to pick their "diva" names, Nia said "My name is Rosa Sparks and the bus stops here!"

Last edited:
Am I totally dumb that I had no clue that SO much was staged??? Lol

Lol no. I didn't realize that SO MUCH of it was staged too! :p No wonder Kelly called it a "Scripted lie".

That's ridiculous! She was a school principal!

And speaking of Civil Rights, when Nia and Asia were being asked to pick their "diva" names, Nia said "My name is Rosa Sparks and the bus stops here!"

Oh Nia :p Speaking of Nia, I wish that she would get more solos. Can't Abby get it through her thick weave? NIA. HAS. SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. THAT. IT'S. NOT. EVEN. FUNNY.

Chole's looked amazing this week in her solo, I tend to think she looks better then Maddie the majority of the time. Maybe that training she is getting elsewhere is doing her more good! Although I do want to cry for her, she looks so sad and unhappy in the studio.

Chloe has always been my favourite. Shes just so sweet and reserved I have no clue how she put up with Abby for so long.

I guess I'm an outcast... #TeamMaddie

(I just think maddie is the better dancer technically. I still hate that face she makes though! And she seems like a decent kid, being dragged into adult drama - well, I'd say that's true for all of them really)

I think Maddie seems unstable and eventually she's going to crack. There have been some moments in the dressing room and some sly comments that she's made on the interviews that just make me concerned for her.

Maddie Face drives me insane and I don't think hashtag Maddie face is even a thing. If it is a thing it's because Abbie made it last night.

Chloe is my favorite but let's be real. She's going to need just as much therapy as Maddie. However at least her mom appears to have one foot out the door already (did y'all notice last night how everyone had on ALDC except for Chloe?)

And Melissa. Am I the only one that thinks she hears voices in her head? Sometimes in the conver-arguments I notice her making twitches that are reminiscent of Jan Brady in those 90s Brady Bunch Movies

Last edited:
I think Maddie is great, but her dances all seem the same to me. This season has been a little better though. I'm a Chloe fan all the way. I think she is a great dancer. I hate that she seems sad so much of the time though.

Felt bad for Mackenzie last night with the whole Maddie solo and Maddie face thing, and especially how Melissa just let it happen. I did like hearing that she didn't think of Maddie one time during the solo, and how Christi comforted Kenzie before she went on saying being Mackenzie is just as great. You can see how sad Chloe is every episode, which makes me sad. What's really sad though is how close all the girls on the show used to be and with kids being kicked off and leaving it seems like their friendships are being left behind too. If the show had never happened, I don't think Abby would've ended up as nasty, the moms wouldn't be so freaking crazy and the kids would never have suffered like they are now.

I think Maddie is an amazing dancer. I just think Abby and her mother have ruined her. They've built her up as the best for so long that I'm not sure how she would do at another studio where she would just be "average". The whole group needs to leave Abby ASAP but I'm sure that won't happen anytime soon.

Last night the whole Mackenzie/Cry thing just broke my heart. I know how much it bothers my little sister to be compared to me, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to hear nothing but that all the time.

All of the girls just look so sad and run down. Dance moms used to be one of my favorite shows, but I feel guilty watching it now. Everything's just so fake and full of drama. I pray that the girls get all of the therapy they're going to need after this.

Back