All-Star The Happy Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've written about it before but my visit to World Cup a few years ago was amazing and showed what a warm and friendly gym they are! Getting picked up from the train station (and dropped back!) by a Shooting Star and her mum, having a tour of the gym and Shooting Star arena, getting to have great conversations with Elaine, Joelle and so many other coaches and the awesome WC parents and of course, getting to watch the Stars practise - it was a night I'll always remember and I'm so grateful for the hospitality my family and I received.

Another happy story is when the final 3 in my team's division at our end of season nationals all sat in a huge, mixed circle on the stage at awards. It was a special moment! We ended up winning and getting the highest score of the whole competition which for a jnr 2 team to do that was amazing!

I love reading these stories :)

I will NEVER forget the summit 2014 large senior 3 division. My team became close with Rockstar smashing pumpkins, and we were upset when we found out they didn't make finals. However, my team did. The girls came to watch us the day of finals and cheer us on. The head coach even came backstage and gave my team a pep talk. It was so extremely heartwarming and I've never felt such amazing sportsmanship in my 7 years of cheer than I did that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We go on weekend camps twice a year and the most recent camp one of our girls who has been struggling with her backbend kickover for about 5 years finally did it all by herself. Very emotional moment for many of us.

My heart also gets warm every time at practice when the girls know their teammate is having a hard time with a skill. They always cheer them on through the hard times.

I have a super sweet and happy story for my Cali friends that were at Cheersport Nats.
My youth 2 Divas were in warm ups and were struggling to add an extension to their elite. No biggie, they were ok and ready.
But then they went to get water and some Cali girls came up to them and told them how much they liked their bows. They almost fell out! They thought they had just met some high level Cali kids and insisted on a picture with them.

Then they decided they were going to add their extensions into the elite and they did and they hit.

All bc some Cali kids were nice to them [emoji4]

Cute little story about my cp several years ago. We were at a competition and they were waiting on awards. Staff was throwing out t-shirts to athletes on the mat. I saw my cp catch one. When awards were over she came back to the stands but had no shirt. I asked her what happened to it and she said she gave it to one of the first year girls on her team because she had never been to a competition and caught a shirt before. My heart melted. Then cp said, "See, mom. I can be nice. Just not to my brothers." LOL :)

I'll never forget the year Top Gun traveled to a comp they never go to, to compete for a paid worlds bid (this was almost a decade ago), and I had to compete against them. Our team wasn't near the calibur of them but still in a worlds division, and Day 2 of the comp they showed up to the VIP area and cheered us on through our whole routine and took pictures with us afterward. It was so sweet of them!

After quite a few "those seats are saved" in the Arena at NCA, I was grateful and relieved when a Cali All Stars mom waved to us and said, "you ladies looking for two seats? Let us move over so you can have these seats." Thank you Cali for having wonderful cheer moms. We had a family member from out of the country with us and it was so good to introduce her to All Star Cheer from great seats in the Arena.

I love the kids from Hoosier Elite Heat. Consistently when we see them in warmups or at awards they tell us good luck and/or compliment our routine. It's really such a minor thing but so sweet. [emoji173]️

I will NEVER forget the summit 2014 large senior 3 division. My team became close with Rockstar smashing pumpkins, and we were upset when we found out they didn't make finals. However, my team did. The girls came to watch us the day of finals and cheer us on. The head coach even came backstage and gave my team a pep talk. It was so extremely heartwarming and I've never felt such amazing sportsmanship in my 7 years of cheer than I did that weekend.

Such a nice gym overall. :)

f057i8.jpg

So happy for this team picture. We started this program with zero athletes two years ago. This was the team pic tonight. Eight athletes were missing due to school commitments or being sick. Only five cheer crossovers, all prep levels.

Last year we were warming up right in front of Senior Elite at BatB. Our gym is a little bit Senior Elite crazy (one of our coaches is a huge fan, and our gym's colors are teal, silver, and black). We're a small gym from Maine, with around 70 athletes, and even though they had no idea who we are, they cheered for our Level 4 Small Senior Coed the whole time and had nothing but kind words for all of us. I know that CEA gets a lot of flak on the boards, but I'll never forget that moment.

Last edited:
Back