All-Star The Majors By Jamfest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm pretty sure Bluecat meant "we" collectively as a gym. Since CAMom started the thread, she's probably aware of many details.

Regardless, even though you don't care, for anybody who was curious about your original question about divisions; my guess it has more to do with the point in time the idea was conceptualized. Not even gyms themselves can ever say with 100% certainty what their final division will be till the end of the summer. But something like this, Jamfest probably had to get the ball rolling ASAP. Invitations were probably discussed then sent out, and it would be up to the gyms to decide if they were or weren't at any disadvantage competing based on what USASF division they were.

Yes. I didn't say "There are NO athletes or parents who know anything about this." I said not all. The HANDFUL of moms I spoke to were not aware, and neither were their children (athletes on these teams) of the details of this event - mind you none of them go to CA, so I would assume BlueCat has done a better job of conveying the info than the gyms I was referring to.

I think most of you are looking at this as coaches and fans. I'm looking at it as a mom. As in "the person who has to pay for all this" - so no, a trip to Europe wouldn't necessarily be tops on my list of prizes (fully paid or not, it's going to involve some kind of money). And having an extra trip to Indy just casually thrown in might be something I'd like details on, especially if it was NOT for a Worlds bid. Now I live in Chicago, so I can travel to Indy TODAY if you ask me to, but we're talking VA, NJ, TX here. When you start talking plane tickets, missed work, missed school, hotels, etc. I'd like to know why we're going. But maybe that's just me (and maybe it's not...since that's what the people I've talked to are freaking out about.)

Some coaches and owners may not have told their teams yet because Jamfest hadn't announced it, and the more people that know, the more it leaks and rumors spread and people get hung up on rumors and don't wait for the facts. So as a favor to Jamfest, they didn't announce it to their teams until Jamfest did.

If a team member who hasn't been told about The Majors sees this (now that it has been announced,) I would think it might actually start some rumors of its own (Are we Large? Are we Medium? Are we not trying to get a bid? Are we trying to get a bid?)
So, by NOT telling a team about it, it could start rumors, and by telling a team about it, it could start rumors. Ummm...

If a team member who hasn't been told about The Majors sees this (now that it has been announced,) I would think it might actually start some rumors of its own (Are we Large? Are we Medium? Are we not trying to get a bid? Are we trying to get a bid?)
So, by NOT telling a team about it, it could start rumors, and by telling a team about it, it could start rumors. Ummm...
Well I just saw it.... and I'm a team member. & I had no clue.

Back