All-Star The Majors On Primetime Network Tv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 28, 2010
Why can't something like this be picked up by the major networks like NBC, ABC, and so on...
I mean really! Take the top teams from all the level 5 divisions and compete!

Could you imagine the production that a major network could bring!!! Make it a two night special and even have America call in and vote! I think it would be Epic!!!

All the videos that the majors produced for their competition were amazing! I give them major props for everything they have done for their competition! And after watching there wrap up video is what gave me this idea!

but if a network would put some time into it....could you imagine how it could look on National TV?!?!

i'm sure it would look simllar to nca and worlds on tv but for right now i think i'm going to have to settle with the majors full screen on my ipad.

if it was on a channel just for cheerleading - huge success
if it was on espn, sport centre... - huge flop and company just lost a ton of money on wasted air time

The Majors had so many moments punctuated with the notion of "is this really happening?".... all caught brilliantly by this video. Very Well Done from start to finish with the perfect bow on top with this wrap up.

The challenge with presenting cheerleading on TV is that nobody outside of the sport really understands it. So you need to spend some time educating the audience on what they're seeing and why it's important. I think you'd also need to add personality pieces, so you give people a reason to care why Senior Elite or F5 or Top Gun are competing. Otherwise you end up with ESPN-like presentations of cheer, which I've always thought were too narrowly focused and don't really help to expand the sport's fanbase.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, but it needs to be done better than it is today, and it doesn't matter whether it's the Majors, NCA, or World's. If it's not presented in a way that appeals to more than just hardcore cheer fans, it won't be successful.

While I am not mad we get some cheerleading shown on TV, the stuff currently on TV is paid for by Varsity (it is only Varsity stuff that I know is shown on Fox, ESPN, and ABC). It is more like an infomercial, not an actual TV show. The reason the Majors would not be on TV is Jamfest wouldn't pay for it to be.

And, in reality, I am not sure why any cheerleading is shown on TV at all. I would save the money and show it on the internet. Put some ads in front of the videos, allow us to watch full routines, make it HD, and make sure Justin Carrier commentates.

I think about this all the time. Cheerleading is such a closed in, intense community that we sometimes dont realize that most of the general population doesnt know who world cup shooting stars or stingray allstars are (crazy, right?!) We all take this sport so seriously, and generally our lives revolve around it, and most of the time we forget that we're like a cult. You know alot when your on the inside, but from the outside, we look like a bunch of lunatics in sparkles.

I think about this all the time. Cheerleading is such a closed in, intense community that we sometimes dont realize that most of the general population doesnt know who world cup shooting stars or stingray allstars are (crazy, right?!) We all take this sport so seriously, and generally our lives revolve around it, and most of the time we forget that we're like a cult. You know alot when your on the inside, but from the outside, we look like a bunch of lunatics in sparkles.
I am currently making this my facebook status !

Yeah I am not sure why cheer being on TV is so important to people. Cheer being on TV isn't going to make people change their opinions that much they are still not going to understand it unless they are properly educated on it. Even then people still will look at it how they choose to.
I also think that many believe being on TV is making cheer a sport, once again that does not automatically make it a sport in everyone's eyes. Instead of worrying about how much TV time cheer gets we should focus on fixing the problems going on inside cheer.

Also the idea of people calling in and voting for something is just silly. That is the reason I hate reality TV shows that rely on viewers votes to see who wins. Most viewers choose based on who they liked the best not on who actually did the best. I can imagine if viewers voted on teams they would go with the ones with the best music or uniforms instead of who actually hit the scoresheet correctly. Just look at the outcome of the Majors and how many people disagreed. If people had to vote on the winner I would guess the two teams that won probably wouldn't have even though they deserved the win.

Love this..lol! So true...

Back