All-Star The Majors On Primetime Network Tv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think about this all the time. Cheerleading is such a closed in, intense community that we sometimes dont realize that most of the general population doesnt know who world cup shooting stars or stingray allstars are (crazy, right?!) We all take this sport so seriously, and generally our lives revolve around it, and most of the time we forget that we're like a cult. You know alot when your on the inside, but from the outside, we look like a bunch of lunatics in sparkles.
That's because we are a bunch of lunatics in sparkles :p

While I am not mad we get some cheerleading shown on TV, the stuff currently on TV is paid for by Varsity (it is only Varsity stuff that I know is shown on Fox, ESPN, and ABC). It is more like an infomercial, not an actual TV show. The reason the Majors would not be on TV is Jamfest wouldn't pay for it to be.

And, in reality, I am not sure why any cheerleading is shown on TV at all. I would save the money and show it on the internet. Put some ads in front of the videos, allow us to watch full routines, make it HD, and make sure Justin Carrier commentates.

Cheerleading has every right to be on television just as much as any other sport, or dance, etc.

While I am not mad we get some cheerleading shown on TV, the stuff currently on TV is paid for by Varsity (it is only Varsity stuff that I know is shown on Fox, ESPN, and ABC). It is more like an infomercial, not an actual TV show. The reason the Majors would not be on TV is Jamfest wouldn't pay for it to be.

And, in reality, I am not sure why any cheerleading is shown on TV at all. I would save the money and show it on the internet. Put some ads in front of the videos, allow us to watch full routines, make it HD, and make sure Justin Carrier commentates.

I wish for Worlds we had more relevant commentators - does anyone know why we have people commentating that have a limited knowledge of our sport & have no real connection to anyone - it's not like people (outside our industry) are watching the broadcast because they have a well known commentator that they can connect with or follow.

I wish for Worlds we had more relevant commentators - does anyone know why we have people commentating that have a limited knowledge of our sport & have no real connection to anyone - it's not like people (outside our industry) are watching the broadcast because they have a well known commentator that they can connect with or follow.

I am not positive but I have always thought it was because things were at ESPN which UCA competitions are held at therefore the commentators are the same that are used for those competitions. If Worlds moved off of Disney property and had to be picked up by say FSN like the NCA competitions are then I think we could have a good shot at Justin doing it instead. I feel like the mixture of ESPN + Varsity is why we get the commentators that we do.

I am not positive but I have always thought it was because things were at ESPN which UCA competitions are held at therefore the commentators are the same that are used for those competitions. If Worlds moved off of Disney property and had to be picked up by say FSN like the NCA competitions are then I think we could have a good shot at Justin doing it instead. I feel like the mixture of ESPN + Varsity is why we get the commentators that we do.

I think y'all missed the part where all of cheer isn't picked up. It is paid to be broadcasted. So they are not at the mercy of anyone on what to display. So I say if the show is paid for to be watched by cheerleaders they should choose more cheerleaderesque commentators.

I think y'all missed the part where all of cheer isn't picked up. It is paid to be broadcasted. So they are not at the mercy of anyone on what to display. So I say if the show is paid for to be watched by cheerleaders they should choose more cheerleaderesque commentators.

I agree that they should choose better commentators that know what they are talking about, but there has to be a reason that these people are used over and over again. Since Amanda Borden does commentary for several sports stations (CBS, FSN, and ESPN) I assume that she is contracted to do these competitions so my question is does ESPN/FSN choose her because she works for them with gymnastics or is it up to the USASF to pick them? I have always been under the impression that ESPN is who is choosing these people much like they choose who to broadcast on the show.

I think it is definitely worth consideration whether the money spent on the broadcast is the wisest investment possible. I would much rather the athletes pay less to go to Worlds and just have an awesome webcast that showed every team.

I think it is definitely worth consideration whether the money spent on the broadcast is the wisest investment possible. I would much rather the athletes pay less to go to Worlds and just have an awesome webcast that showed every team.

I think it reach more people and even make them more money with Ads. Cheerleading was made for the Internet, not TV.

I think it reach more people and even make them more money with Ads. Cheerleading was made for the Internet, not TV.

I think the idea of changing to a webcast is a little too "outside the box" for USASF, I'm afraid.

I think the idea of changing to a webcast is a little too "outside the box" for USASF, I'm afraid.

Shame. We'd all get something we want and they could make an honest and decent profit. Nothing wrong with that.

NCA is always hosted by Craig Mernivini and Amanda Borden, which both have experience. Craig worked for NCA if I'm not mistaken and Amanda was Olympic medalist in Gymnastics. Which yes she wasn't a cheerleader but many gymnasts become all star cheerleaders. I actually think Amanda knows what shes talking about, she is usually right on. I think some of the UCA hosts make mistakes though when they describe the stunts.

Why would we want it to be on the web versus TV. Being on ESPN is a huge effort in the cheerleading world. Anybody can be on the internet. Varsity puts almost everything online in addition to Cheer LIVE.

Why would we want it to be on the web versus TV. Being on ESPN is a huge effort in the cheerleading world. Anybody can be on the internet. Varsity puts almost everything online in addition to Cheer LIVE.

Being on TV is sort of gilded celebrity when it comes to cheer. It isn't like there are millions of people watching when a competition comes on. I would guess a large part of the audience watching are probably the athletes who attended the event (or friends and family).

Because of the unique characteristics of what makes cheer cheer I think BlueCat and I believe (and let me know if I am off) we would both rather more time and energy be put into live streaming all cheer events, making all the videos available so we can watch whatever we want than putting on TV. And if putting the competitions on TV are taking the resources from the live streaming or the videos we think that isn't the smartest business decision. I am not 'against' cheer being on TV, I just don't think anyone really cares.

Because producing the TV show and purchasing the air time costs 100s of thousands of dollars that essentially come out of the pockets of the cheerleaders who attend the event. I would MUCH rather see each athlete's cost to attend Worlds drop a couple of hundred dollars AND be able to watch every routine in full than what we get now.

It isn't that I am opposed to cheer being on TV per se, it is just that it's cost far outweigh its benefits, IMO.

Back