All-Star The Majors Teams & Event Talk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"Quickly"!? I understand that people want to get their money's worth but 2 hours for 9 teams is a little redic.

I didn't actually see the show, by my daughter did on the webcast. And that was her big comment - she liked the performances, but she also thought there was too much "other stuff" (in her words) going on.

Yes, quickly. There was never a moment where we were sitting without being entertained, whether it was a performance or not. The only "bathroom break" in between took about 5 minutes.
False, there were lights going on and off but there was A LOT of dead time.

CheerKatie08 I'm not trying to be difficult, all in all I thought the Majors was a great idea. My ONLY complaint was that it felt a bit long especially when a HUGE majority of the spectators have a busy following day. I'm willing to bet ya that there would be TWICE as many spectators and way more fun if it were Sunday following awards, JMO.

CheerKatie08 I'm not trying to be difficult, all in all I thought the Majors was a great idea. My ONLY complaint was that it felt a bit long especially when a HUGE majority of the spectators have a busy following day. I'm willing to bet ya that there would be TWICE as many spectators and way more fun if it were Sunday following awards, JMO.

There wouldn't be twice as many spectators unless they added twice as many seats. The seats they had were sold out and packed. Also, it if is late Sunday, then many teams/athletes would already be gone - particularly those who competed and had awards early in the day on Sunday.

It was great that they had an option to watch it live online. However, watching a webcast is NOT the same as being there. Some things just don't translate well to being watched on a computer screen.

I was about to fall over dead in a coma from exhaustion and wished it had been a little speedier. Maybe if it has not been such a long day I would have enjoyed the extras more. Introducing every single athlete made me want to pull my hair out. I enjoyed the videos, but the event could have been tightened up. I only wanted to see the teams perform. But that's me.

I left my seat in the bleachers before Senior Elite to move closer to the door. I has to step over and around people sitting 2 and 3 deep on the aisle stairs. I had a fond thought for those pesky Milkhouse workers who kept the aisles clear at Worlds.

I doubt there could be twice as many spectators... they sold out completely (twice) and people were trying to scalp tickets.

I wouldn't be in favor of that. By Sunday night a lot of teams are ready to go home. Local kids have to get to school the next day. If you're coming from out of the area you've got to get back on a bus or in your car, unless you decided to stay overnight in a hotel. Our gym's teams left immediately after their last awards session, as did a lot of others.

Ideally, you'd do it on a Sunday or Saturday afternoon, but that's probably not logistically feasible.

I just have to add my 2cents :) I've been cheering for 14 years and have NEVER experienced anything like competing in the Majors. Its rare that you can leave a competition that your team didn't win and think to yourself that you would love to do it again, but that's exactly how I feel right now. I think I can speak for my whole team when I say that we enjoyed this weekend immensely and having that experience with a 2nd place finish doesn't come often. Im one of those people who wasn't sold on the concept of the Majors prior to this weekend, but now I can honestly say it was an excellent idea. I think it was a great production, and im so thankful I got to be a part of the first Majors. As an athlete competing, there really isn't another competition like it- its a one of a kind experience. And I love that it was only one day so the focus wasn't on the 9 majors teams all weekend, and rightly so. The regular jamfest competition got all the hype Sunday, so im glad the Majors didn't take anything away from the jamfest experience. From the introductions to the staging, from the banquet Friday to the meet and greets with the fans, this weekend was an experience I'll never forget. Congratulations to Panthers, Coed Elite and all the teams who competed! Thank you jamfest for the experience of a lifetime.

coed elite had a safety violation too...If I'm to understand to you correctly, are you saying w/o any of the deductions you would have placed first or just higher?
I took his post to say that Top Guns routine was competitive (others were implying it wasn't, due to the coed stunting). If I did my math correctly without deductions (and depending on whether the safeties were considered intentional or not) top guns score would have been in the 95 to 98 range. The safeties are big since they are take off the percentile score, not the raw score.

p.s. not trying to start anything, just trying to improve my own understanding of the scoring system, CEA won on Saturday night, congrats to them

(posted this in the video's thread as well) I didn't agree with Vortex and Coed Elite doing as well as they did at first (this was only an assumption based on what they looked like early on this year). Now that I've seen the recent videos, I must say that I am VERYYYY IMPRESSEDDDD!!!! Esp With Coed Elite. I think I'm looking at the new World Champions in Large Coed.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way more skill than TG (IMO)

Ok, it was just a suggestion, I don't really care when or how they did it. Just throwing out a suggestion.

I doubt there could be twice as many spectators... they sold out completely (twice) and people were trying to scalp tickets.

Here's the back half of the line of people waiting to purchase tickets after they sold out the first time. Tickets went on sale at 2. This was taken around 12:45.

AjI4d_UCIAEyd8-.jpg

Also it's important to remember that CA and CEA had more than one team competing. It may have been a very rushed experience for these coaches if the event were any shorter.

Also it's important to remember that CA and CEA had more than one team competing. It may have been a very rushed experience for these coaches if the event were any shorter.

Both of those staffs are probably used to having teams compete close together. The extra time allowed the judges to slow down and judge more carefully than normal. Also, it allowed time to focus on each team and athlete. Spectators may or may not like that, but generally, it made the athletes feel more honored to be there than a "normal" competition.

Back