All-Star The "non-cheer" World Reactions To Us Poofheads...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of my friends went to the doctor for bronchitis the morning of competition, full hair and make up done. When giving her the antibiotics, the doctor kept telling her "okay, you're sure you know that these will adversely affect your birth control right" and "you're for sure understanding about the birth control right".

Shes like great, my black and silver cheer make up make me look like trollop.
Bonus shimmies for excellent use of "trollop"

Recently, in my sports medicine class, a discussion started about cheer being a sport. Of course, I argued how its definitely a sport and gave a pretty good argument. I asked my teacher to go on YouTube and show the class a few routines. I showed them TGLC and stars worlds 2013. I will never forget the look on my classmates faces and their jaws drop to the ground. Then they wanted to know everything about cheer. I felt so proud to finally prove a point to a class full of pretty much all boys

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I had my iPod on shuffle one day in my car's stereo while driving a few guyfriends to a soccer game. Orange's music for this past season came on and they were really confused at first. They got quiet and listened really hard to the different voiceovers trying to understand what was going on. By the time the dance music came on, they were getting pretty into it and asked to hear more of "whatever that was"!

I could go with this forever... :D Our gym is travelling a lot and we always take a picture in front of sightseeings and we always get those WOOOW looks.
When we went to Monte Carlo we took a picture, we were doing scorpio and the moment flyer hit a scorpio some Chineses around us were so amazed. But flyer was wearing All Stars and after couple seconds being up we dropped a stunt and I tought all people around us will get a heart attack they were so scared!! :D

But once when we went to Paris ( I think it was Paris) we stunt with some old grandpa. He and his wife were so amazed and they asked us if we could lift him up...so we did :)

I've had more than one normal person ask me about certain 15/16 year olds on Instagram and why they get so many "likes".

I wish I had a legitimate answer to give them!

Hahah one of my non cheer friends said something like how do these cheerleaders always end up on the popular page of Instagram so we had to explain the cheerlebrity craze to him. We also taught him how to "snap for the queens" which he does whenever he sees us now.

richard's Last Resort after NCA is always a hoot for non-cheer people. Kids in full uniform and makeup sassing the staff. One of the servers said it was his favorite weekend because the kids were so much fun. Definitely get some looks when a Stars fan walks in before a game! LOL

I had my iPod on shuffle one day in my car's stereo while driving a few guyfriends to a soccer game. Orange's music for this past season came on and they were really confused at first. They got quiet and listened really hard to the different voiceovers trying to understand what was going on. By the time the dance music came on, they were getting pretty into it and asked to hear more of "whatever that was"!

you see when something like this happens to me, I get really embarrassed and turn it off really fast, and because of the strange looks I get! lol :oops:

I get this all the time! I'm British and whenever somebody I meet finds out I'm a cheerleader they're like 'they have cheerleaders in the UK? I thought that was just an American thing?'.

When I was in Israel last summer we ran into a group of British teens, and they were asking if there were any cheerleaders in our group. I got called over and they were telling me how they had never met a real cheerleader before and how cool it was that I cheered. They asked for pictures and for me to show them something...everyone in my group called a standing full check on me(some cheer friends decided to teach them that via skype pretty early in the trip), and in the middle of a museum I did it. They were all just staring at me, not expecting that at all. I showed them videos, and they all keep up with my facebook videos I post. I still laugh a little every time they like/comment on those videos.

My team and I do the opposite and pretend we play different sports or go to our rival school when people ask. But when we are in uniform people are always impressed.

I cheered AS for years, and my mom had to save me from doing a sideline cheers and explain the difference. I learned to tumble on almost every flat surface because she insisted on me throwing a bhs to prove a point. The kids in middle school thought I only did school cheer and would constantly tell me it wasn't a sport unless you competed. I had to record my tumbling to prove that I could "do flips like the girls on ESPN"

richard's Last Resort after NCA is always a hoot for non-cheer people. Kids in full uniform and makeup sassing the staff. One of the servers said it was his favorite weekend because the kids were so much fun. Definitely get some looks when a Stars fan walks in before a game! LOL
Yes we did that! Makes for cute pics too and the staff goes all out on the rah-rah quotes on the hats lol

A typical first date for me sounds like this...

Him: So, what do you do in your spare time?
Me: Well, I've been coaching for almost 10 years now, so a good amount of my time is spent in the gym
Him: Oh yeah? I like working out too!
Me: *laughs* I coach cheerleading, so I spend a lot of my time in a cheerleading gym
Him: *confused face*
Me: Have you ever randomly seen those cheerleaders on ESPN? I coach teams like that...
Him: *confusion fading* Oooooh, yeah, I saw that once...those girls are amazing! Soooooo...can you do all those flips and be all flexible like them?
Me: :help:

Perhaps this is why I'm waiting for a "Cheer Beau" who gets what I do lol

Our last comp of the season is always the UCA Panama City Beach, FL comp. The routines are done on a raised stage right on the public beach facing the Gulf Of Mexico. Many tourists and beach goers are exposed to Competitive cheer for the first time. It is always fun to watch the general public stop and watch the routines. . :enjoyshow: They are confused, and then in awe. And when the upper Level teams take the mat, they are AMAZED at the skills! Me being the ever helpful and proud Grandma am happy to explain exactly what they are seeing. LOL :cool:

The EP I work for was having a hard time staffing one of our events a few states over from where I live, so I ended up roping a handful of my guy friends into going on a road trip to come work. One higher level team had a pretty rough performance and I was standing with one of the guys and talking to one of the other staff members about all of the deductions and my guy friend said, "Yeah, they didn't do very well... All of their towers fell down." He meant stunts. After awards we were standing on the floor and one of the other girls on staff said we should teach the boys how to stunt and they said, "we know how" and did forward rolls. Good try.

We had our annual showcase last week and I was going to a party afterwards. I snuck out after cheer to go to the shop across the road and buy some "supplies" for the party. So there I was in full cheer uniform, makeup, hair bow, the lot, trying to buy some beer. I got some crazy stares!

I wrote an article in my second year of university about the growth of Cheerleading in the UK and in Scotland specifically and got a really good grade because it was different. Think I taught the professor a thing or two :)

Me and Cami infected our school with cheer, ask anyone at ADMS, they will tell you exactly who Jamie andries and matt smith are. They also know how to do a basic prep cradle!

Back