The Problem With My Full Is The Backhandspring.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
My coach wants me to pull a toe touch two to a full at nationals this year (Im in college). At first I didnt really think it would be a problem considering that was my standing pass on spring floor all last year, but it just isnt happening.
Im 6'2", so I have LONG legs and arms, because of this my tumbling has always been slow. On spring floor I could get away with slow, not powerful backhandsprings by having good rebound and full technique, but that just isnt an option on dead floor. I try to pull my toes harder and to push off my hands with my shoulders more, but its not really working.
My full is fine, I just need enough height to be able to do it.

What should I do to get power from them? Any workout/conditioning would be really appreciated.

It may be important to mention that my running bhs and fulls have tons of power, its the standing that is the problem.

When moving from spring to hard... You need to change power to speed

Perhaps having the toe touch in front while still learning two to full on hard mat is not the best idea

When moving from spring to hard... You need to change power to speed

Perhaps having the toe touch in front while still learning two to full on hard mat is not the best idea

Yeah Im practicing without the toe, but I figured it was important to mention so I didnt get the "Try taking more steps" response lol

If it helps, I've found it extremely rare to see anyone, boy or girl, firstly set a hard mat full, and secondly do it with straight legs ... From standing of course

Back