All-Star The Stunt Double

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^^^^^The joke: I didn't get/need a Stunt Stand for flying because I cheered before they existed (dinosaurs, covered wagons, a little sarcasm.)

How can a month of cheer cost that much? If we're going to grow as an industry, we have to reevaluate the pricing of products and services.
I just paid $575 for a month of tuition and comp fees, so $400 is not out of line, especially for large cities.

Well what is the absolute most you will pay for the best coaching in the world a month?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
That's the thing, not every gym is the absolute best. If I had a child and the money, I would absolutely pay a gym like Cali to train my kid for $400 a month. However House of Jank (or an average gym) will not receive my money (or my time).

That's the thing, not every gym is the absolute best. If I had a child and the money, I would absolutely pay a gym like Cali to train my kid for $400 a month. However House of Jank (or an average gym) will not receive my money (or my time).

Then you just agreed it's worth it to pay $400 for good coaching. And no one is held hostage. You can always choose to not pay for cheer. I don't understand the complaints on the price of cheer. If it's too expensive don't do it. I don't eat lobster everyday because it is very expensive.

I feel like all this can teach is straight up preps/extensions/cupies/libs... Which are as basic as it gets. From my understanding, you wouldn't be able to practice any type of release skill, i.e. ball ups, tick ups, 180s, 360s+, or most dismounts. It is very easy to teach & learn straight up stunts and I don't think it's worth $400 for skills that are so easily acquired.

I think a lot of stunting is about group chemistry as well. Sure you can practice grips on this contraption, but it's not going to help you pick which grip is most beneficial to your stunt group. Plus, if you're working two legged stunts you're going to need 2 of these bumping the price to $800.

Aaaaaand there's no backspot participation at all. Backspots definitely make a difference so the bases will feel something completely different when moving to a real stunt group.

I haven't used these and am only making observations, so it could be great but who knows lol

ETA- also this wouldn't help with any grips that require a base to grab calf/thigh/butt either. I know when I stunt our lib grip involves main base grabbing the front of the calf at the beginning and moving to the foot on the way up, there's no way to do that here.

I just think the idea is good, but it does not compare to using a real person in any way

No matter how many times a gym has won Worlds, they still have to cover the cost of their space and employees. So...you're going to have to be able to be willing to pay for qualified coaches. It seems pointless to say, "these coaches are crap, so I'm only willing to pay THEM $xxx." Because the only coaches you want teaching your kid should be qualified (and then willing to pay a fair amount). If that makes sense.

I was on instagram and was stalking Nfinity and i saw a picture they posted of this device called "The Stunt Double"

mh3req.png

It really interested me, so i went and looked at their instagram (@stuntdoublecheer) , and it looks like a new device made for bases to practice stunts. Their instagram says they're so far not for sale, but in one of the comments i saw it said they will go for about $399... (yikes. its the stunt stand price issue all over again).

What do you guys think of this? As a base it looks really cool, but its probably not something most people could afford...
that looks scary with bars coming down. I would think it would be less scary if it was just straight bars but still with resistance. I can see the marketing to basses but the cost is very high.

never purchased or leased real estate in southern california before i see. also many gyms are all inclusive. so youre rolling all payments into 1. our fees for competing are equal to tuition, so yell at eps. music costs 1,000 +. Uniforms are close to 500 dollars etc etc, the sport is expensive not due to gym owners taking a bite out of peoples butts. its everything else.

How can a month of cheer cost that much? If we're going to grow as an industry, we have to reevaluate the pricing of products and services.

so just to clear up you are interested in growing the sport of cheer, but only the "top programs" are worth your imaginary time and money? that doesnt seem like youre interested in growing anything, merely helping the big get bigger. please evaluate your statements before coming across hypocritical.

I was on instagram and was stalking Nfinity and i saw a picture they posted of this device called "The Stunt Double"
i
mh3req.png

It really interested me, so i went and looked at their instagram (@stuntdoublecheer) , and it looks like a new device made for bases to practice stunts. Their instagram says they're so far not for sale, but in one of the comments i saw it said they will go for about $399... (yikes. its the stunt stand price issue all over again).

What do you guys think of this? As a base it looks really cool, but its probably not something most people could afford...

i agree with what someone said above, its proper Technic. now while the price is way too much for me (luckily im not a base lol) but its smart idea. maybe in long run they can figure out to make price not so much. its smart idea tho.

Back