All-Star The Summit 2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know if this has been discussed on here or not, but the Summit is the same weekend as SATs in Maine. Are SATs the same day across the country? I won't be taking them, but all of the juniors in high school at my gym will, so even if we wanted to go to this competition it wouldn't work out I don't think... Will SATs affect the number of senior aged teams that attend the competition?

In most places there are multiple dates for the test. Does Maine only offer it on THAT exact date?

I don't know if this has been discussed on here or not, but the Summit is the same weekend as SATs in Maine. Are SATs the same day across the country? I won't be taking them, but all of the juniors in high school at my gym will, so even if we wanted to go to this competition it wouldn't work out I don't think... Will SATs affect the number of senior aged teams that attend the competition?
There is an SAT offered almost every month during the school year and its on the same date for every school and testing location across the country

Will teams be given the chance the decline bids at comps prior to them be given out?

There is an SAT offered almost every month during the school year and its on the same date for every school and testing location across the country
That's good to know, thanks! I thought they were only offered one day in May and one day in October hahh, but I was wrong!

There must be more dates I guess people just usually only take them in May and October here...

Maine is different from most states as all high school juniors are required to take the test in the spring. (unless they're sick, etc.) It's Maine's version of standardized testing, like an FCAT in Florida or an MCAS in Massachusetts.

If you've got anyone from Scarborough on your teams they have to take the May SAT to graduate. SAT dates are the same throughout the nation.
(SHS class of 09 right here haha)

How about international teams competing there? Is it possible? :)
to make it like the 'worlds experience', they really should've thought that one out. The website has the bid competitions listed, and they're all in the US. JMO, but I feel like not having international teams is going to kinda take away from the whole 'experience'. :confused:

to make it like the 'worlds experience', they really should've thought that one out. The website has the bid competitions listed, and they're all in the US. JMO, but I feel like not having international teams is going to kinda take away from the whole 'experience'. :confused:
How many international teams can really afford it though? A lot of teams only go to worlds every other year because of the cost. Can't imagine there's enough prestige at The Summit to be worth it. I'd rather take my kids to NCA or Cheersport.

I like the idea of the summit, and from some of the bid listed events it seems pretty limited in a way. I hope teams from my gym earn a bid because I would love to attend!!

How many international teams can really afford it though? A lot of teams only go to worlds every other year because of the cost. Can't imagine there's enough prestige at The Summit to be worth it. I'd rather take my kids to NCA or Cheersport.
I know junior teams from Sweden are interested, that's why I'm asking :) One team have already been to NCA and at least one more is going 2013! The Summit is great because international teams can go to both Worlds and the Summit on the same trip (watch one/compete one)!

I know junior teams from Sweden are interested, that's why I'm asking :) One team have already been to NCA and at least one more is going 2013! The Summit is great because international teams can go to both Worlds and the Summit on the same trip (watch one/compete one)!
Im just gonna make a guess that if you get a bid at NCA then your in! (just a guess)

Im just gonna make a guess that if you get a bid at NCA then your in! (just a guess)
They will not be able to afford both NCA and The Summit, plane tickets and hotel cost at least 1500 dollar, probably a lot more. But if any team get a paid bid it would definately help! But it's still a lot of planning to make such a long trip and to do it twice it'd be even more!

(We get bids to Worlds at our nationals.)

Back