All-Star The Summit 2017 Video Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Crush are unreal.
I actually think it's one of my favorite routines of the season, in any age group.

I completely agree. Overall routine impression took a big hit across the board this year due to the new music rules, but this music packs a punch and the kids sell it entirely! LOVE!

And okay little Pope--> I see you busted out that 3 to double for the Summit! :)

More video spam...
CA FireCats

Cali Blackjacks Day 2

CA Thundercats

CA Cougars

CA CrystalCats

CA SuperiorCats (Summit Champs)

CA Jags Day 2 (Summit Champs)

Cali J-Money

CEA Youth Elite

CA Pumas

FAME Sirens Day 2

I could not be more proud of my CP's team. This has literally been the best year of her 13 years of cheering. She has cheered every level up to R5. But this Senior 2 team has been her heart. The kids, parents and coaches could not have been better. We don't want it to end. I have never wanted to convince my CP to cheer another year until this team lol. <3 "Bronze is Beautiful" <3

FAME Sirens Day 2

I could not be more proud of my CP's team. This has literally been the best year of her 13 years of cheering. She has cheered every level up to R5. But this Senior 2 team has been her heart. The kids, parents and coaches could not have been better. We don't want it to end. I have never wanted to convince my CP to cheer another year until this team lol. <3 "Bronze is Beautiful" <3

She cheered 13 years, every level up to R5 and was on level 2? At what point is this considered wrong?

The CA KittyKatz (my all time favorite team)

Team Illinois Cheer Black Sparkle

Zone Cheer Supremacy

Woodlands Elite Stealth

Last edited:
She cheered 13 years, every level up to R5 and was on level 2? At what point is this considered wrong?

Before you judge, consider the fact that cheerleaders go through A LOT of physical and mental changes over a long period of time. When she was on the R5 team, she was at her peak. She went through mental blocks every single year up until this year (you can read previous thread I started called Kudos brag post to read about her progress) In the past 3 years, she wouldn't throw more than a tuck. She JUST RECENTLY got comfortable with throwing her standing tuck again but complained of back pain. She's been to see doctors with no answers. So, she refuses to tumble higher than level 3. So, level 2/3 is appropriate for her now. I have NO issue with this, so no one else should either. This is not a sandbag/stacking situation. This is a "every cheerleader is different" issue and people should reserve judgement before assuming. So glad she's retiring.

Before you judge, consider the fact that cheerleaders go through A LOT of physical and mental changes over a long period of time. When she was on the R5 team, she was at her peak. She went through mental blocks every single year up until this year (you can read previous thread I started called Kudos brag post to read about her progress) In the past 3 years, she wouldn't throw more than a tuck. She JUST RECENTLY got comfortable with throwing her standing tuck again but complained of back pain. She's been to see doctors with no answers. So, she refuses to tumble higher than level 3. So, level 2/3 is appropriate for her now. I have NO issue with this, so no one else should either. This is not a sandbag/stacking situation. This is a "every cheerleader is different" issue and people should reserve judgement before assuming. So glad she's retiring.

The unfortunate part is, we all know at any given time there are a lot of blocking kids in a gym. This isn't a judgement issue on you or your child, you don't choose her placement. However, we all know it doesn't take a person that has been in AS very long to figure out and witness this strategy. Because of gyms doing this, coaches will continue to have to bump kids down in levels to compete in level 1 & 2, and eventually it will end up hurting the higher level teams because there will be very few places available on entry level teams to compete in. IMO, 4.2 was designed for blocking or tumbling stagnant kids, but we all know it is harder to hit those level 4 stunts.

This is a video thread so, I'll leave it at that.

Back