All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean, it seems crazy but Worlds teams travel to get bids too... It's intended to be like Worlds so I guess they're expecting you to be as committed to getting a bid as you would be for Worlds. It's still new so maybe they'll give more bids next year?
exactly and thjere are 3x more comps located in the NE that give out worlds bids, so the summit should have thought of this as well, Our gym has been able to attend 4 worlds bid comp with in a driving didtance to date, summit bids, were given at 1 of these. the south and west region of the us has more bids out there to give.. this region not so much

We drove 8 hours for a competition with 1 paid and 5 at larges. We got one paid and one at large there. We have one more opportunity at Cheersport, for the at large team to upgrade to paid or for other teams to get a bid.

I mean, it seems crazy but Worlds teams travel to get bids too... It's intended to be like Worlds so I guess they're expecting you to be as committed to getting a bid as you would be for Worlds. It's still new so maybe they'll give more bids next year?

There's an economic consideration to that, though. You can only give so many paid bids before it impacts your bottom line, and if the allure of the Summit isn't enough to drive enough teams to your competition, I can see even fewer bids next year.

I know that there are requirements for what competitions can give out bids to worlds and how many. Are there similar requirements for the Summit? I was surprised to see that some EPs are handing out Summit bids at multiple events. (For example, the American Championships are handing out 50 bids between 5 different competitions.) I have never been to an American Championship competition, so maybe regionally these are all very large competitions and it makes sense for them all to hand out bids. I was just expecting something more like with Worlds bids where you need to go to the "major" competition for an EP to get a bid.

I know that there are requirements for what competitions can give out bids to worlds and how many. Are there similar requirements for the Summit? I was surprised to see that some EPs are handing out Summit bids at multiple events. (For example, the American Championships are handing out 50 bids between 5 different competitions.) I have never been to an American Championship competition, so maybe regionally these are all very large competitions and it makes sense for them all to hand out bids. I was just expecting something more like with Worlds bids where you need to go to the "major" competition for an EP to get a bid.

The requirements for Worlds bids are set by USASF. Since this is a Varsity event, they can do whatever they want. They're giving them out at all of their Worlds Bid events and then some.

Here's a listing, it's actually 525 bids total, which is more than the number I mentioned previously.

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/SummitEvents.pdf

it IS very prestigious...my small senior 3 "FRENZY" at Cheerforce just attended palm springs for Spirit Sports and out of OVER 50 teams competing in the level 3 division (small coeds large coeds all girls and all ages: youth, jr, senior) we were blessed with 2 strong back to back performances and won the 1 FULL PAID bid they were giving to all those teams. It feel likes worlds to the kids and it was a beautiful thing to witness. I like this whole "Summit" comp! Makes our lower levels strive to be stronger!

They couldn't have done it without you worldchampME! It was an amazing weekend and B is "dying inside" to be a part of this! We even have family from Arkansas who are going to road-trip for Orlando to watch FR3NZY at The Summitt!

i'll admit i was very apprehensive about this competition when it was first announced. after hearing how excited some of the kids are to have something to work for, i've changed my mind. but after reading this thread, I have some legitimate questions/concerns.

- Are you guaranteed a certain number of competitors per division? the "bigger" divisions as of now have 5 teams (i know it's still kind of early so some divisions will grow) but this is an EXPENSIVE trip to make to compete against 5 teams.

- Are the teams who have already accepted bids effecting future bid winners? As in - say at NCA, VarsityBrands notices the J2 division has 6 teams registered but J1 division only has one team. So maybe they offer a paid bid to a J1 team at the current comp to entice them and ensure competition. this may be taking a paid bid away from another team who really should be getting it.

again, i like the idea. but i think varsity is being a little ambitious for the event's first year. maybe they should have started with a "Senior Summit" to have less divisions to "work the kinks out" with.

just my random thoughts for the day ;)

What happens if there is only one team competing in a division? I noticed that there was only one Senior 1 team listed. I know there aren't many senior 1 teams around but what if the others only go on paid bids and they all receive at larges and therefore do not go? I find it a little strange that they would allow one team to compete in a division by themselves and automatically become The Summit champions. I'm interested to see how this will work because I know it would never happen at Worlds.

I was thinking, after the problems accommodating all the spectators at Worlds last year many of us were calling for Worlds to be moved to a larger venue. But we're told Worlds still has a multi-year contract to be at Wide World of Sports that they can't break.

What do you all think of a new competition starting up at the same venue??

You also have I believe 30 days to accept your bid & have to put a deposit down or you forfit your bid.... So although they are giving away over 500 bids I can't see the divisions being large. Especially if people are waiting to see if they can earn a full paid!!

You also have I believe 30 days to accept your bid & have to put a deposit down or you forfit your bid.... So although they are giving away over 500 bids I can't see the divisions being large. Especially if people are waiting to see if they can earn a full paid!!
An at large requires a $1000 deposit. It has to be made within 14 days of receiving the bid.

An at large requires a $1000 deposit. It has to be made within 14 days of receiving the bid.

Does that $1,000 come from the gym or do you spread it between your team members? For example....$1,000 divided by 20 kids is $50 each. That's not an expensive down payment on a trip that is VERY expensive!

What I want to know is, can you really have an infinite amount of substitutes on the team. Meaning, the team that won the bid can be 100% switched out with other athletes?

This is only what I'm hearing, want to confirm, can anyone help?

Back