All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To answer that question^^^Our parents were given the opportunity to vote on attending The Summit at the start of the season. We agreed, and signed a contract, that we would attend if our team(s) received a bid.

My daughter is going to The Summit with a passed down at large bid, on a lowly ;) J1 team. Do you have any idea how hard it was to get a j1 bid? Every comp she went to reserved the bids for the highest scoring teams at the comps. How is a j1 team going to out score a S4 team? Her team won every single competition this season, beating S1 teams over and over. A passed down at large doesn't mean her team doesn't deserve to go, OR that they won't be competitive.
That's my point. The bids should be distributed more evenly. I understand that youth 5's and junior 5's don't have much competition. They can't help that. But there are a lot of good level one and two teams that will consistently miss out on bids, because they're being given to level 3 and 4's only. Yes junior and senior 3's are much more competitive divisions and they're stacked, but I'm hoping the bids will be distributed a little more evenly next year so everyone has a good amount of competition.

Also, we fundraiser over the season to pay coach fees...just in case. I could have probably planned better to pay my kid's fees, but oh well. ;)

I just hate the idea that the summit is supposed to be the "best of the best", but for financial reasons will likely end up "the best of those who can afford to pay or who live close to Orlando". A full paid bid doesn't come close to covering all the costs for a West Coast(and other teams who need to fly to Orlando) team, much less the parent(s) that will accompany the team member. And yes, with younger kids (compared to Worlds) the idea of sending your kid alone to save money, is a lot less feasible.

Anyway, I just hope they do something to ensure plenty of competition across the board in all divisions. I know we've all been to too many competitions where that title was won by default.
I think it would be awesome if they split it into two places, west and east coast. disneyworld and disneyland. This way it isn't so expensive and the people from the programs who want to support the summit teams are able to attend. The two sets of judges can compare via video and come up with a champion or perhaps just have an east and west coast champion. With all the nationals, I don't see where it really makes that much of a difference. The hyperion at DCA could easily accommondate this comp as they do cheer comps throughout the season there.

I'm glad she gets to go. I'm glad that her division is relatively small, so she has a decent chance of performing on Sunday. I hope it is amazing and the teams who chose to not go are envious of her chance to participate.;) She won't be on a level 1 team again, I don't think, so it will only become more difficult for her to earn a bid.

I'd LOVE to be traveling to California's instead. To go cross country is so expensive, plus two extra days just for travel. Ugh.

I think it would be awesome if they split it into two places, west and east coast. disneyworld and disneyland. This way it isn't so expensive and the people from the programs who want to support the summit teams are able to attend. The two sets of judges can compare via video and come up with a champion or perhaps just have an east and west coast champion. With all the nationals, I don't see where it really makes that much of a difference.

There are countless teams that do Not live on the East or West Coast!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's my point. The bids should be distributed more evenly. I understand that youth 5's and junior 5's don't have much competition. They can't help that. But there are a lot of good level one and two teams that will consistently miss out on bids, because they're being given to level 3 and 4's only. Yes junior and senior 3's are much more competitive divisions and they're stacked, but I'm hoping the bids will be distributed a little more evenly next year so everyone has a good amount of competition.

At cheer power events they gave out 4 total bids in levels 1-2 and only two total bids in levels 3-5.

Our gym has posted the tentative competition schedule for next year and The Summit isn't even listed as a "maybe". I guess since NCA Nationals is in our backyard and considered, arguably, the most prestigious for non-worlds teams, we won't be participating. Hopefully, after it has ironed out some of the wrinkles it can be added. We had our Youth 1 team travel to UCA this year so maybe there is hope for the future.

I disagree with this. The Summit should be "the best of the best". If the distribution curve of "the best of the best" skews towards higher level teams, then so be it.

At the competition we went to, the bids were handed out by percentage of perfection. (I.e., how close you came to maxing out the score for your level). A level 2 team ended up with a paid bid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think the level or division your in has any impact on where the bids go .My understanding is that Every level has a range of which they can score from bad to perfect lets say level 5 is about 90-100. Then it goes by the percent you scored from perfect... If it went strictly on high scores all the level 4s & 5s would get the bids. I do not believe it would be possible for 1s, 2s & 3s to out score them 4s & 5s. I don't really know if this is exactly how it works but it sounds pretty good to me. LOL

I think it would be awesome if they split it into two places, west and east coast. disneyworld and disneyland. This way it isn't so expensive and the people from the programs who want to support the summit teams are able to attend. The two sets of judges can compare via video and come up with a champion or perhaps just have an east and west coast champion. With all the nationals, I don't see where it really makes that much of a difference. The hyperion at DCA could easily accommondate this comp as they do cheer comps throughout the season there.
Wasn't this the reason the summit was even created? To replace all levels with the multiple locations and make it more prestigious? I feel like having two locations would defeat the purpose.

I didn't think the level or division your in has any impact on where the bids go .My understanding is that Every level has a range of which they can score from bad to perfect lets say level 5 is about 90-100. Then it goes by the percent you scored from perfect... If it went strictly on high scores all the level 4s & 5s would get the bids. I do not believe it would be possible for 1s, 2s & 3s to out score them 4s & 5s. I don't really know if this is exactly how it works but it sounds pretty good to me. LOL

I know percentage of perfection is how bids were handed out at one competition we attended. Not sure if that was across the board for all Summit comps or just how this one EP did it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back