All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Right! When you mean true level 5..you mean they are a level 5 athlete with level 5 skills! Which makes sense! But if you tumble level 2...and your on a level 5?
who puts a level 2 tumbler on a level 5 team? No way not happening at my gym, That situation shouldnt happen, at least for an entire season

Right! When you mean true level 5..you mean they are a level 5 athlete with level 5 skills! Which makes sense! But if you tumble level 2...and your on a level 5?
if thats is the situation , nothing you or the child can do, it was that gyms decision, regardless of right or wrong, im sure they can justify a reason why they did. I wouldnt worry. People complain and vent about rules and the cross over issue has always been a big debate, until rules change, and address these problems, there will always be heated discussions over cross overs, sand bagging, and stacking teams.

I hate crossovers. Sorry if that's not a popular opinion, but it's mine so I don't care. My gym has crossovers (none on my teams though), I refuse to use them. I make my routines work with what I have. I have used crossovers before but only during emergencies (something happening the DAY OF competition). I've seen teams of 7 or 8 beat teams of 18 or more (granted that was level 1 or 2) because they could max skills out more easily and do 1/2 a pyramid but still max out. Again I DON'T LIKE CROSSOVERS; that doesn't mean I don't understand why other teams use them, I just personally don't. There should also be a universal standard restriction/ban/limit/etc on crossovers.

the official rings for The Summit 2013's champions! :D (how cool this ring is!)

BDqPRcmCcAABP_P.jpg:large

Let me add, my personal opinion of crossovers does not mean that my gym does not have crossovers. I'm not sure how many we have gym wide but we do use a few (supporting my statement that every program can justify it within their own organization). I just personally wish that nationwide there was a rule that every EP HAD to follow. Honestly I don't care what it is, just wish there was one. I still stand behind that I feel ZERO crossover should be allowed at Worlds or Summit.

I agree with you 100% on ZERO crossovers for Worlds or Summit. As I type it, however, none of our teams with Summit paid bids would have gone this year with that rule. It seems there are 1 or 2 team members on each team with Paid bids whose parents weren't planning on the additional expense and said their kids were too young to travel without them. I don't know about other gyms but, the majority of the parents didn't even know what The Summit was until 3-4 months ago.

Adding to crossovers- Our gym has a little over 60 kids who compete on our national/travel team. We have three teams, two large teams and one small. The only was we can get by is with crossovers, I mean number wise. At our gym, you can have a crossover who only has level 2/3 tumbling but on a level 5 team because they can stunt their butt off- I do not see the problem with that. Our crossover that cross from 5 to another team do not all have actual level 5 skills. Only about a few of them do that cross. We are not trying to sandbag, or anything at alll because some people who are even on our level 5 dont even tumble on our 4.2!

It makes sense to me, to crossover with the level 2 and 4.2 but, the restricted level 5 to a 2? If large gyms started crossing over all of their level 4 and 5 athletes to create every division within level 1 and 2 I'm pretty sure the cheer world would re-evaluate the rule. The rule exists to help out small gyms, I have no problem with that but, if gyms start to abuse the rule "because they can", I can see them taking it away eventually.

Does that level 2 tumbler have level 5 stunting, jump techniques, and dance abilities? If so, s/he should NOT cross over that many levels, IMO. If they don't, what the heck are they doing on a level 5 team?

Does that level 2 tumbler have level 5 stunting, jump techniques, and dance abilities? If so, s/he should NOT cross over that many levels, IMO. If they don't, what the heck are they doing on a level 5 team?

I thought that's what level 4.2 was for?!? I'm not even a fan of 4.2, it allows for athletes to get by without being "all-around" in my opinion. It's easy to learn to stunt and jump level 5. Tumbling is the hard part. If you have a weak area, you should bust your butt and work harder, not make allowances for shortcomings. Again, just my opinion.

I thought that's what level 4.2 was for?!? I'm not even a fan of 4.2, it allows for athletes to get by without being "all-around" in my opinion. It's easy to learn to stunt and jump level 5. Tumbling is the hard part. If you have a weak area, you should bust your butt and work harder, not make allowances for shortcomings. Again, just my opinion.
4.2 and a straight level 2 are very different.

Is it me or is the Summit/Varsity very unorgainzed? Many teams who received bids aren't on their lists, there isn't much information about the event on their web site and you have to literally pay the registration fee after you get the bid (unless its paid).
I'm guessing that maybe the teams that have recieved bids and are not listed are teams that declined the bid?

Agree about 4.2 - I thought it was really started because it was becoming more popular for older kids to take interest in cheerleading that maybe don't have the tumbling skills. Gives them a chance to compete without having to do level 2 stunts (maybe like an OK high school team for example). Those kids on real 4.2 work very hard to even do just a back-hand-spring and when they compete against teams that are made of level 5 kids it kind of takes the whole point of 4.2 away... Just my opinion.
4.2 and a straight level 2 are very different.

It makes sense to me, to crossover with the level 2 and 4.2 but, the restricted level 5 to a 2? If large gyms started crossing over all of their level 4 and 5 athletes to create every division within level 1 and 2 I'm pretty sure the cheer world would re-evaluate the rule. The rule exists to help out small gyms, I have no problem with that but, if gyms start to abuse the rule "because they can", I can see them taking it away eventually.

Right, but not all kids from those levels have skills for 5! My gym is a small gym! We only habe 60 athletes! This isnt something to argue over because i dont make the rules, but since we are small we have to use athletes on certain teams even if they dont have the full skill!

Back