All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hopefully someone will be able to clear this up...on the list of bids that will be handed out, it has the event name, then location and number of bids, but the last thing on the list is "Varsity 5 paid" but with no date or location and this obviously isn't a competition, so how and when are these bids being handed out?

Are there rules regarding the actual athletes who won the bid and those who compete at the summit? Or number of crossovers from worlds?

Just hearing rumors of a local team keeping approx 16 of their level 5 athletes around to put on their coed 4 since the majority of the original team didn't want to go to Florida and the owner didn't want to turn down the bid.
There are no restrictions which would prevent a team from doing that.
http://register.varsity.com/VAS/The%20Summit%20FAQ.pdf
- unlimited crossovers
- unlike usasf worlds, no substitution policies in place
- you can even add athletes above the number on the floor at the time the bid was awarded up to the max allowed in your division.

There are no restrictions which would prevent a team from doing that.
http://register.varsity.com/VAS/The%20Summit%20FAQ.pdf
- unlimited crossovers
- unlike usasf worlds, no substitution policies in place
- you can even add athletes above the number on the floor at the time the bid was awarded up to the max allowed in your division.
That's really... Unfair. So I guess this competition is really about who can put the best ROUTINE and CHOREO and most creative stunts on the mat because these level 5 athletes are obviously gonna hit the routine considering its level 4,3,2,1, 4.2

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hope that in the years to come they realize how some gyms who have a grip of upper level athletes, and will substitute just to win. Therefore changing the policy of substitutes, like at worlds. I mean, that is what this is kinda like right? "Kinda-Worlds" for our lower level athletes??

just hope that gets fixed. i am with Cheerforce and my restricted coed 5 and senior 3 will be attending on full paid bids, and we will be staying true to our kids that worked hard and are wanting to attend, no need to substitute higher level athletes. Would be nice to keep the playing ground level, yah know? IMO

The way i see it is this is the first year of this and i am sure there are still many kinks to work out. Our gym is not going. We had our schedule done very early and already had UCA on it. It would have been way to expensive to go to Florida again- even if we had a paid bid. I hope it does work out. I do like the idea of it. Just wish it could have been somewhere else other than Disney. And i do hope they have some more rules in place regarding crossovers and all.

I hope that in the years to come they realize how some gyms who have a grip of upper level athletes, and will substitute just to win. Therefore changing the policy of substitutes, like at worlds. I mean, that is what this is kinda like right? "Kinda-Worlds" for our lower level athletes??

just hope that gets fixed. i am with Cheerforce and my restricted coed 5 and senior 3 will be attending on full paid bids, and we will be staying true to our kids that worked hard and are wanting to attend, no need to substitute higher level athletes. Would be nice to keep the playing ground level, yah know? IMO
This is the problem with cheer in general. Worlds seems to be the only place there is some regulation. I'm tired of watching gyms use all kinds of tactics to get a win and when things don't go their way, cry "but we DESERVED it!" What does a level 2 win do to your spirit when it was won with a team stacked of level 4 and 5 athletes? Is the banner on your wall so important that the fun and excitement of true competition no longer exists to you?

Just because something is allowed doesn't mean it's right or ethical. Until there are more regulations in place, this is what we have. I find these practices more disgusting every year.

But I digress....

Are there rules regarding the actual athletes who won the bid and those who compete at the summit? Or number of crossovers from worlds?

Just hearing rumors of a local team keeping approx 16 of their level 5 athletes around to put on their coed 4 since the majority of the original team didn't want to go to Florida and the owner didn't want to turn down the bid.
16 is a bit excessive! wow.

We made sure to budget money so we can take all four of the coaches who are attending the summit to go to the Gym Owner's Conference in Vegas sometime in May because we are planning on attending the round-table discussions on this event. We are aware that there will be kinks and problems so we wanted to be able to give our feedback and input. You can guarentee this will be the focus of what we fight and try to come up with some solutions to prevent this from happening in the future.

I am thanking the lord we don't have a team in that division. Can you imagine if those atheletes won worlds and then went down to the Summit? Talk about unfair to the other teams in that division.

We made sure to budget money so we can take all four of the coaches who are attending the summit to go to the Gym Owner's Conference in Vegas sometime in May because we are planning on attending the round-table discussions on this event. We are aware that there will be kinks and problems so we wanted to be able to give our feedback and input. You can guarentee this will be the focus of what we fight and try to come up with some solutions to prevent this from happening in the future.

I am thanking the lord we don't have a team in that division. Can you imagine if those atheletes won worlds and then went down to the Summit? Talk about unfair to the other teams in that division.

lol that is my division, however I have faith in my team can hold its own. Crossing down one level shouldnt affect most level 4 teams who are flled with athletes that have true level 4 skills, by this time of the year a great level 4 team or any great team regardless of level for that matter should be maxing out all skills for that level by all or majority its rostered athletes.

lol that is my division, however I have faith in my team can hold its own. Crossing down one level shouldnt affect most level 4 teams who are flled with athletes that have true level 4 skills, by this time of the year a great level 4 team or any great team regardless of level for that matter should be maxing out all skills for that level by all or majority its rostered athletes.

Yeah, I think most of those level 4 coed teams that are going have some pretty innovative stunts and choreography and it will be a tough fight to the top. That would just suck to get second place to them though (especially if they did win worlds or do really well) cause it would open up a whole lot of "what if's...".

Just a reminder, the Official Summit bid list was last updated on March 18, and only includes teams that have accepted their bids. We had a HUGE bid weekend last weekend (approximately 1/4 of the total bids were given out this weekend alone) so we will have the official list updated as soon as possible! :)

honestly even a team with 16 cross overs/crossed downs ( although excessive and a bit nuts in my opinion) to a level 4 did compete, They still perform level 4 skills . And if you have a GOOD, maxed out routine , great inovative stunts, a true level 4 team can still perform as well. Im a true level 4 with some basic 5 skills and I can do the same level 4 passes as nicely as any level 5 cross over throwing a level 4 skill. I think the only teams that would be affected are those who do not have full team tumbling

Hopefully someone will be able to clear this up...on the list of bids that will be handed out, it has the event name, then location and number of bids, but the last thing on the list is "Varsity 5 paid" but with no date or location and this obviously isn't a competition, so how and when are these bids being handed out?
The all levels grand champs from last year got paid bids

Back