All-Star The Thread To Stop The Hijacking Of The Cea Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We opened in 2008, We have had a total of 2 kids crossover for all of the competitions of a season. One replaced a girl who quit and the other was a coaches kid who was at the gym anyway and we only had 10 on the team. Outside of that we have had the occasional crossover for injury replacements.

We started with 30 kids and 2 teams that first year and now we have 105 kids and 5 teams. So I don't see the argument that small gyms need crossovers to survive or be competitive.

But I do see the need for crossovers since there is no real bench in allstars to pull from if someone gets hurt or can't compete for whatever reason. but that can effectively be done with a limit of no more than 25% of your team can be a crossover. If you choose to use that 25% at tryouts and someone gets hurt then that was the choice you made and you'll need to do some rechoreographing or find a tumbling class kid or something to replace the person.

An hour and a half suburb....dag!!!! These are 2 established NC cities both with universities! Really?

And with growing gyms in those communities that had growing level 5 programs in them prior to the CEA satellites being opened as well. Which also explains why many of the gyms in NC dont have the same warm fuzzies about them as gyms around the country.

honestly I don't see the issue with stacking worlds teams. If you have great athletes then why not use them? I don't agree with switching levels but if everyones level five... who cares? you play to win, you do what you have to to win.

honestly I don't see the issue with stacking worlds teams. If you have great athletes then why not use them? I don't agree with switching levels but if everyones level five... who cares? you play to win, you do what you have to to win.
NO NO NO NO NO! So lets take example Cali moed, has amazing tumblers flyers and jumpers, members of coed,elite and smoed who have worked their butts off all year get a bid to worlds only to be told were now adding athlete A to the team because he is a better tumbler than you. Thats ok because "you do what you have to to win"?

I dont think anyone really has an issue with that. The issue that was being referenced to was using crossovers from 1 Worlds team to get a bid for another team, then to have tryouts for the spots that were crossovers. Much debate on the word tryout and different opinion as if the tryouts were for in house only.

IMO if the locations other than the HQ has been bought, then it should be considered the same gym. Same tax id. They can cross. If it is a franchise - you give us space, we will run it - then it is not the same gym Different ID. They can not cross.

The problem I see in this is many times the name is the drawing power. Having the gym be MEGA SUPER STAR WORLDS Finalist All Star gym will draw more people into that location than calling it a different name.

totally agree, putting on the same uni doesnt make you the same gym..same tax id makes you the same

What would limit this is a ratio number of alternates that can be replaced. Right now you can sub out 10 people on a small team. That's 50% and quite ridiculous. You should get, no exceptions, 4 people for a small team, 5 for international, 6 for medium, 7 for large.

What would limit this is a ratio number of alternates that can be replaced. Right now you can sub out 10 people on a small team. That's 50% and quite ridiculous. You should get, no exceptions, 4 people for a small team, 5 for international, 6 for medium, 7 for large.

I dont remember wasnt there a vote last year to limit crossovers? I thought ther was and I thought it passed, but then usasf has to approve whatever gets voted on? I maybe way off but I was just wondering.

Eventually, do you think this could translate into limiting crossovers across all levels? For example, 4 crossovers for small teams, 6 or 7 for large teams?
Also, I'm really curious to know if anyone (especially coaches and program directors/owners) thinks the crossover thing will ever have a solution. It is talked about, but is this a priority of the USASF? Its a money maker, and although its a problem, it's a problem that is making EPs more money. We can whine and complain, but the more I get mad about it and want it to change, the more I don't think it will ever happen. Yes, I'm a negative Nancy.

I believe crossovers should be limited to number per team, but not level. I like NCA's 5 total. Because smaller gyms probably do not have multiple teams in the same level it allows flexibility. 5 is a round enough number that can allow for 99% of situations to be handled well if you need to use them.

if a team happens to max out their crossovers just to make that extra team they are probably over extending themselves and leaving themselves open for disaster.

NO NO NO NO NO! So lets take example Cali moed, has amazing tumblers flyers and jumpers, members of coed,elite and smoed who have worked their butts off all year get a bid to worlds only to be told were now adding athlete A to the team because he is a better tumbler than you. Thats ok because "you do what you have to to win"?

well that is what is gonna be happening with many of those athletes. some athletes are going to be replaced by kids on moed. it happens at a lot more gyms than you think and not just at CEA.

I don't think anyone has an issue with "stacking" a worlds team. I think the issue is stacking the team with kids already on a different worlds team to obtain the bid, then removing them, and replacing them with other athletes.

People do this all of the time.Has T&S not done that before, this year a couple times with the Tulsa Diamonds in hopes of getting a bid? I believe it has happened the last two years. Wasn't Whitney Love on that team at one point? People do it all of the time , but there is always a reason or excuse. I agree with everyone that someone needs to come up with some guidelines on crossovers in this industry.

People do this all of the time.Has T&S not done that before, this year a couple times with the Tulsa Diamonds in hopes of getting a bid? I believe it has happened the last two years. Wasn't Whitney Love on that team at one point? People do it all of the time , but there is always a reason or excuse. I agree with everyone that someone needs to come up with some guidelines on crossovers in this industry.

No one from Obsession has cheered on Diamonds... Last year I think we had 1 kid who cheered on both teams. Her sister happens to be the coach of Diamonds. That was it. To my knowledge Whitney has never competed with Diamonds. I am honestly trying to think of one single time she was on the floor with them.... I don't believe that to be so. And no one else either.

I dont think anyone really has an issue with that. The issue that was being referenced to was using crossovers from 1 Worlds team to get a bid for another team, then to have tryouts for the spots that were crossovers. Much debate on the word tryout and different opinion as if the tryouts were for in house only.

Sort of from my pov, but you seem to be an honest objective poster and I'm swamped at work and on the way to Cincy, so I will get the flag back up in the air later.

Back