All-Star The Thread To Stop The Hijacking Of The Cea Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No one from Obsession has cheered on Diamonds... Last year I think we had 1 kid who cheered on both teams. Her sister happens to be the coach of Diamonds. That was it. To my knowledge Whitney has never competed with Diamonds. I am honestly trying to think of one single time she was on the floor with them.... I don't believe that to be so. And no one else either.

Again, everyone has their reasons why it's an exception for them I.e. Her sister is the coach... I can absolutely promise you that every coach that puts a crossover in a routine can justify it to themselves. Everyone has been in a position when their backs are against the wall and you have to make decisions that feel like it best. We just don't always see eye to eye in this industry on what's crossing the line. A USASF set or rules and guidelines on this would clear up the grey area.

I have no problem with crossovers, I can state several reasons why this can work to a gyms benefit. I do however have a problem with crossovers at bid awarding events. I think that you should have to compete with the same team you used to secure the bid. Yes injuries occur but that is why we have alternates, they can replace your injuries as permanent team members, I would rather a gym choose new alternates than new team members. If a gym wins a bid really early in the season and makes drastic changes to their roster than that new team should have to compete for a new bid. I love CEA but I was not at all happy with the battle of the capital results. They openly admitted to having 10 crossovers--none of which will compete at worlds since their on other worlds teams. I'm assuming they won't be replacing them with other SE and coed elite athletes, so honestly 10 kids who didn't have the skills to make even this "jv" team originally will be competing at worlds in place of a team that has been working all year to get there. I take nothing away from the med coed team or their division win, but I do not think they should have won the world bid as 10 of them can't use it. I wonder who will be the first gym to form a "bid winning" team. They can just travel around compete in Different divisions and win bids. They won't even have to change the whole routine. Then once they determine how many teams they can take to worlds, hold tryouts. You say unethical, I say innovative....something had to be done about this.

what about athletes getting pulled off a team and replaced to be an alternate and they werent even injured? should there be a rule on this?

Again, everyone has their reasons why it's an exception for them I.e. Her sister is the coach... I can absolutely promise you that every coach that puts a crossover in a routine can justify it to themselves. Everyone has been in a position when their backs are against the wall and you have to make decisions that feel like it best. We just don't always see eye to eye in this industry on what's crossing the line. A USASF set or rules and guidelines on this would clear up the grey area.

Completely agree. However, I will say crossing over a couple of athletes is not what I would consider "stacking" a team. Crossing over 1/3 of a team is. But I completely agree that getting rules in place to clear up the grey area is exactly what we need to move forward in this sport. :)

No one from Obsession has cheered on Diamonds... Last year I think we had 1 kid who cheered on both teams. Her sister happens to be the coach of Diamonds. That was it. To my knowledge Whitney has never competed with Diamonds. I am honestly trying to think of one single time she was on the floor with them.... I don't believe that to be so. And no one else either.

Ok I was wrong. Apparently Whitney did compete with Diamonds once this year at a local non worlds bid event. However, Diamonds received their at-large bid at NCA and Whitney did not compete with them there nor is she competing with them this weekend in Chicago where they are trying to obtain a paid bid. Just to make my point even more clear, Orson could have used 10 obsession kids to help Diamonds get a paid bid this weekend, but he isn't using any... Every kid that will be on the floor this weekend do not cross to ANY other worlds teams from within our gym.

What if paid bids were based on the athletes. Athletes #1-20 received a paid bid to worlds. Team 2 had athletes # 15-35 on it. Only athletes # 21-35 actually receive money to attend worlds. Those athletes that weren't on the floor when the bid was won wouldn't be eligible to go on a paid bid, now would a team get the full amount of money if some athletes already received some sort of compensation.

And it should be the same with coaches. If your gym has 3 teams with the same coaches, you only get the money for the first time.

What if paid bids were based on the athletes. Athletes #1-20 received a paid bid to worlds. Team 2 had athletes # 15-35 on it. Only athletes # 21-35 actually receive money to attend worlds. Those athletes that weren't on the floor when the bid was won wouldn't be eligible to go on a paid bid, now would a team get the full amount of money if some athletes already received some sort of compensation.

And it should be the same with coaches. If your gym has 3 teams with the same coaches, you only get the money for the first time.

I kinda like this idea...maybe rather than a TEAM so to speak getting a paid bid, the athlete gets THEIR WAY paid. So if my CP competes with with Team A and gets a paid bid and competes with Team B and gets a paid bid, our gym only gets $650 for her regardless, instead of $1,300. I like that.

I agree with this. Only the athletes that competed on the floor with the team that won the paid bid should go to worlds on that paid bid. But, excuse my lack of knowledge :p is a paid bid a package? Like a certain number of seats on a plane will be reserved and a certain number of rooms will be reserved and such? Because if so, how would that athletes that were put it after the team go their bid, and that aren't going on the paid bid be able to be on the same flight and same hotel? I just am not that informed on how paid bids work and all lol

Ok I was wrong. Apparently Whitney did compete with Diamonds once this year at a local non worlds bid event. However, Diamonds received their at-large bid at NCA and Whitney did not compete with them there nor is she competing with them this weekend in Chicago where they are trying to obtain a paid bid. Just to make my point even more clear, Orson could have used 10 obsession kids to help Diamonds get a paid bid this weekend, but he isn't using any... Every kid that will be on the floor this weekend do not cross to ANY other worlds teams from within our gym.
T & S comes to IL this weekend and UA goes to FL..:( Good Luck as CSG!

I agree with this. Only the athletes that competed on the floor with the team that won the paid bid should go to worlds on that paid bid. But, excuse my lack of knowledge :p is a paid bid a package? Like a certain number of seats on a plane will be reserved and a certain number of rooms will be reserved and such? Because if so, how would that athletes that were put it after the team go their bid, and that aren't going on the paid bid be able to be on the same flight and same hotel? I just am not that informed on how paid bids work and all lol
It is just $650 for a full paid bid. This is used towards your worlds package. Which costs usually at least $500 just to stay there and compete, not including travel.

How I want this to work is by using the Athlete registration system. If the athlete isn't registered in the system at the time of the paid bid, they don't get anything. The EP then gives $650 towards each QUALIFYING member of the team. This would all be traceable with a well put together Athlete registration system. They could easily check who has a bid etc.

It is just $650 for a full paid bid. This is used towards your worlds package. Which costs usually at least $500 just to stay there and compete, not including travel.

How I want this to work is by using the Athlete registration system. If the athlete isn't registered in the system at the time of the paid bid, they don't get anything. The EP then gives $650 towards each QUALIFYING member of the team. This would all be traceable with a well put together Athlete registration system. They could easily check who has a bid etc.

It all comes back to a GOOD Athlete Registration system. :)

I like the idea that the athlete earns the paid bid. If an alternate goes, the gym loses that money. (Or to account for the true use of the alternates being allowed rule...maybe only 1-3 bids could be transferred to another athlete. And the athlete that is "injured, sick, etc." is not allowed to compete on another team.)

It all comes back to a GOOD Athlete Registration system. :)

I like the idea that the athlete earns the paid bid. If an alternate goes, the gym loses that money. (Or to account for the true use of the alternates being allowed rule...maybe only 1-3 bids could be transferred to another athlete. And the athlete that is "injured, sick, etc." is not allowed to compete on another team.)
I think that is a great idea. But that would only be allowed if someone who was eligible received the paid bid in the first place (someone who didn't receive one before).

This would also be the case if someone earned a paid bid on shooting stars and then left the gym in february and went to california coed. That person wouldn't be able to go on a paid bid.

I think that is a great idea. But that would only be allowed if someone who was eligible received the paid bid in the first place (someone who didn't receive one before).

This would also be the case if someone earned a paid bid on shooting stars and then left the gym in february and went to california coed. That person wouldn't be able to go on a paid bid.

Agreed.

Now you guys are getting to ideas that EPs might actually get on board with. Ultimately they would spend less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back