All-Star The Time Is Upon Us

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2010
Cold/flu season is just around the corner, and theres nothing worst than having to throw multiple full outs while sick. What do you guys do to help you from getting sick? Do you guys take supplements? Flu shots?

i wish this was started about a week ago before i got sick -_-
basically, dress warm, wash yo' hands frequently, sleep and lots of it, fluids fluids and more fluids, and do not forget about the orange juice, chicken soup, and vicks cough drops

oh yeah tissues on hand at all times!

Be smart - Don't share drinks or eat from your friend's chip bag, make sure you wash your hands before you touch anything that goes in your mouth. Eat LOTS of green, leafy veggies, broccoli, sweet red peppers and oranges for Vitamin C, and take a multi-vitamin daily. Drink lots of water and blow your own nose to clear out any latent germs, when you've been around coughing/sneezing people.

Be smart - Don't share drinks or eat from your friend's chip bag, make sure you wash your hands before you touch anything that goes in your mouth. Eat LOTS of green, leafy veggies, broccoli, sweet red peppers and oranges for Vitamin C, and take a multi-vitamin daily. Drink lots of water and blow your own nose to clear out any latent germs, when you've been around coughing/sneezing people.

I blow my friends noses... is that not okay? :confused:

i wish this was started about a week ago before i got sick -_-
basically, dress warm, wash yo' hands frequently, sleep and lots of it, fluids fluids and more fluids, and do not forget about the orange juice, chicken soup, and vicks cough drops

oh yeah tissues on hand at all times!

Im just starting to get sick >_<

I usually swear by airborne, but this year im tryin Emergen-C and so far I like it. Tumbling with a runny nose SUCKS bowling balls, so what I usually do is take allergy meds (Benedryl) and it completely stops my runny nose and clears up that congested feeling. Just make sure you get the non drowsy one, 3 hour drive + regular benedryl = me getting pulled over because the cop thought I was drunk. Nope just half asleep.:confused:

Me and my daughter rarely get sick which is good. Even the little things as mentioned above may help. I sure hate the feeling though. I had a scare this weekend. It wasn't like the kind of sick y'all are talking about but I'll still share me story..

So I picked my child up from her dads and was rushing to practice on Sunday.. Right when she got in the car he was like oh yeah I think she has chicken pox.. Practice was 2hrs away and if I stopped to investigate we would be late (he isn't the smartest).

So I drove there and then called him and was like why do you say chicken pox and he said,
She has bumps on the back of her neck, ankles, and arms.
So I look and she does, I'm like wow I never got chicken pox when I was little and I don't want them now.

However those bumps didn't look like the ones I googled so I let her practice since it didn't look like chicken pox to me!
I was thinking if she has this and gives it to any of the other 24 mini's with 2 weeks left till competition the owner will kill me.

Luckily later I found out it was a heat rash..:) I was relieved!!

Me and my daughter rarely get sick which is good. Even the little things as mentioned above may help. I sure hate the feeling though. I had a scare this weekend. It wasn't like the kind of sick y'all are talking about but I'll still share me story..

So I picked my child up from her dads and was rushing to practice on Sunday.. Right when she got in the car he was like oh yeah I think she has chicken pox.. Practice was 2hrs away and if I stopped to investigate we would be late (he isn't the smartest).

So I drove there and then called him and was like why do you say chicken pox and he said,
She has bumps on the back of her neck, ankles, and arms.
So I look and she does, I'm like wow I never got chicken pox when I was little and I don't want them now.

However those bumps didn't look like the ones I googled so I let her practice since it didn't look like chicken pox to me!
I was thinking if she has this and gives it to any of the other 24 mini's with 2 weeks left till competition the owner will kill me.

Luckily later I found out it was a heat rash..:) I was relieved!!

I have luckily already had chicken pox when I was younger so I thought I didnt have to worry about it, that was until my sister go shingles. :eek: I literally didnt go near her for a month. I refused to share a bathroom with her and forced her to move into our guest room.

I have luckily already had chicken pox when I was younger so I thought I didnt have to worry about it, that was until my sister go shingles. :eek: I literally didnt go near her for a month. I refused to share a bathroom with her and forced her to move into our guest room.

LOL! Shingles isn't contagious to people who had chicken pox as a child. Shingles is contagious to people who have never been immunized for or had chicken pox. Shingles is a reactivation of dormant varicella zoster (the virus that causes chicken pox and shingles) in the body. After you have chicken pox the virus goes dormant in your body, and reappears sometimes after periods of great stress, being immunocompromised, or sometimes just comes back. If someone with shingles is around a person who is not immune to varicella zoster the non-immune person can get chicken pox. Since you already had the pox as a child, you would have been fine. Though, having a sibling myself, sometimes it was fun to treat them like a leper when they are sick and get a little teasing in, lol.

And that kids was your fun health fact for the day :)

It might be just me, but when I was in high school I drank orange juice everyday of my life. Never got sick, seems to work for me!

LOL! Shingles isn't contagious to people who had chicken pox as a child. Shingles is contagious to people who have never been immunized for or had chicken pox. Shingles is a reactivation of dormant varicella zoster (the virus that causes chicken pox and shingles) in the body. After you have chicken pox the virus goes dormant in your body, and reappears sometimes after periods of great stress, being immunocompromised, or sometimes just comes back. If someone with shingles is around a person who is not immune to varicella zoster the non-immune person can get chicken pox. Since you already had the pox as a child, you would have been fine. Though, having a sibling myself, sometimes it was fun to treat them like a leper when they are sick and get a little teasing in, lol.

And that kids was your fun health fact for the day :)

Oh I know that, it just grossed me out and gave me the hibigeebies haha

Back