All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ptcheerboi This is in no way directed specifically at you just a general observation because I've seen it all over the board. I seriously think I've seen more complaints about people trying to predict Worlds than actual people trying to predict Worlds.

Thanks for breaking that down for them... I don't see how they didn't catch it

Sorry I'm not up to your standards of intelligence. I promise to next time understand the half-butted attempt at humour.

Why so many people saying "Cheer Athletics and Stingrays build routines around the scoresheet!!!!" as if World Cup, Cheer Extreme, and Maryland Twisters don't....? The most incredible thing about the large senior division is the fact that in every section of the scoresheet, for the most part, these top 3 teams max out, and it's generally always come down to who can hit on that day, and who has that extra little flare behind their routine. With the exception of 2010, this division is rarely won at any competition with errors, because the scores are so ridiculously close. Stop acting like Shooting Stars, F5, and Senior Elite are not capable of hitting the scoresheet the way Peach and Panthers do.
it's not that they're not capable is just that some keep saying Peach is too boring. Like yeah their routine may not be as flashy as F5's, SE, or SS but it still gets the job done and it will still score high.

A few opinions on the division from my perspective. As a gymnastics coach first, I always notice form and complete twists in tumbling. F5 has AT THIS POINT, in my opinion, lost some oomph in the tumbling area. I saw them live and VERY close in MD last weekend and alot of the tumbling looked labored and several doubles were squeaked around. I know this usually doesnt matter, but to me it does. My boyfriend was at a Shooting Stars practice a few weeks ago and he said Mrs. Pascale had them go full out and they hit perfect. He thinks they are at the top of all the large teams he has seen yet. I think Stars and Panthers have the best form in general, but I have to say that Senior Elite has come LIGHT YEARS in tumbling in the last two years. I feel like 2010 and before, you could always say they had the least tumbling of the top 3, but not anymore. Also one other little tidbit. I am wondering why the best 6 girls weren't taken from Peach and added to Orange to make Orange large (Which would REALLY throw a wrench in the whole mix because I think Orange is simply fantastic) and made Peach the medium all girl. Not to say that Peach isnt good, but I think they would have fared way better in medium and Orange in the large. Just a thought. I also am COMPLETELY obsessed with Shooting Stars routine this year and I truly hope they will be successful this season and hit perfect at worlds. The little motion they do after jumps on the "Hon Hon Honey" part gives me my whole entire life right now. Good luck to all the teams this year and I hope everyone stays healthy and happy and safe and hope that the awful news we have had with accidents and deaths lately will come to an end.

Plus its very early in the season to judge yet because im sure by the time they actually compete against each other in NCA im sure the routines will be completley diffrent and much cleaner.

The stingray Peach

Cheer Extreme senior elite

Cheer Athletics panthers

World cup shooting stars
World Cup Shooting Stars

Maryland Twisters f5

Ok this theard is about who is your favorite!! Not who is going to win wolrds! In my opinion.
I really like all teams but Stars are defenetly my favorite for now. When they clean it they will be unstoppable.

Lol! Just read the original post....who's your favorite? That's all she was asking!! :) I expect all of you from now on to just post the team name and if you must, you can state why they are your favorite. ;) As for me I don't have a favorite just yet, I like them all! #didijustbreakmyownrule #oops

alright then f5, cheer extreme and panthers are my favorite... lol :p [[waiting for every other fan to jump up my a** about not liking their team]]....... :enjoyshow:

World Cup Shooting Stars
Standing tumbling:
12 - Standing Fulls (one did a tuck, assuming it will be full)
4 - BHS fulls
21 - Toe touch BHS BHS full
8 – BHS BHS double
1 – BHS whip double

First stunt
11 – Lib, arabesque, cradle to stomach

Jumps
34 – Pike, hurdler, toe, toe, tuck

Baskets
4 – Kick kick arch baskets (opening)
10 – Kick doubles
2 – Toe touches (tumbling)

Running Tumbling
9 - RO doubles (including 3 in opening)
1 – RO Arabian RO BHS full
6 – RO fulls
2 – RO BHS Arabian RO BHS double
1 – FWO punchfront RO BHS double
2 – Punchfront RO BHS double
4 – Punchfront RO BHS full
1 – RO Arabian RO BHS whip double
1- RO Arabian RO BHS BHS double
2 -RO BHS whip BHS BHS double
1- RO whip full
1- RO full whip double
1 – RO BHS double whip full

Second Stunt
9 – One and a half up to stretch to bows
4 – Press up to stretch lib
5 – Full up to lib
9 – Press tick opposite stretch (one at lib), high tick to arabesque, scale, double down

Pyramid (There were a lot of falls, this is what I’m assuming is supposed to happen)
3 – Show and go to stomach, front flip out
5 – Half up ball up to stretch (one does not half up)
2 – Half turn front flip
2 – Lib tick stretch
1 – X out toss
Picture – 4 stretches, three preps, one extension
1 – Front flip over prep
2 – Braced back tucks
2 – Back tuck with full twist
2- Front flip with full twist
2 –Step over front flip
Picture-2 stretches, two hitches

They do another pyramid in the tumbling:
Picture – 4 hitches

There's actually 4-6 or so TT hand hand doubles

Like I said, I'm open to being surprised. I based my evaluation off of Cheer Tyme's routines in the past, and judging by them the gym would not be competitive in large all girl.

I actually coached a few of those girls in past few years and even I haven't heard all the "hype". Although I do think your comment was a little mean spirited, I can't wait to see what they deliver this weekend (haven't been up to the gym since summer). But can anyone expect a newly lrg senior team to come out swinging with the big 4 their first year? No.

I actually coached a few of those girls in past few years and even I haven't heard all the "hype". Although I do think your comment was a little mean spirited, I can't wait to see what they deliver this weekend (haven't been up to the gym since summer). But can anyone expect a newly lrg senior team to come out swinging with the big 4 their first year? No.

It's become pretty obvious when chyeeaaa69 is being "mean-spirited" or just blunt; here I can assume the latter and support what he was saying. I'm also open to being pleasantly surprised by CT Love (if fact, I'd LOVE that because Cheer Tyme was one of the first gyms I fell in love with back when I joined allstar cheer in 03-04), but based on their past few seasons of Worlds teams, I'm inclined to think they'll probably look more like the #4 and #5 place teams from Worlds 2012 in the large senior division (AS-1 and Charlotte Gold); no offense to them.

10 + standing fulls, 15+ doubles, 9 Elite stunts, Killer Pyramid/Dance are a bare minimum... it's no easy feat to get 36 athletes to compete (competitively) with the elites.

This is the division to watch this year! Last year I was so excited about Small All Girl and this year it's Large All Girl for sure! It's so hard to pick a favorite right now becasue we all know how much these rutines will change over the course of the season, and I can't wait to see all these routines hit! But I honestly think Cheer Athletics will be the team to beat...and I am usually pulling for CEA! I'm so excited there is such fierce competition this year and not just the same top 3 teams!

Back