All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks and not speaking to you specifically with the following until noted specifically. I have always thought the common thread with super popular teams and even star athletes and fans is an attempt by the fan to connect on some level, most effectively on a personal level, with teams or athletes that represent greatness, competence, style or whatever is most important to the fan in a field of great passion for the fan, here cheerleading. I think that is true in many sports. I have noted over the years that some of the biggest critics of a specific team or athlete will change 180 degrees when they make a personal connection with specific teams, or often with fans, a perceived star athlete. I'll use you as an example. As you got to know the CEA staff your opinions and posting changed dramatically and I do not think CEA was doing anything different. But I don't want single you out, just using you as an example. And I am certain you and your teams are quite talented enough to be held up as great to many, but on a national and international level there are only a few, although the truly cheer informed can give you many examples of teams just as talented and competent. I think that personal connection is what drives fandom and it's different expressions. I think that is what drives kids to get autographs and pictures, to stop certain athletes from certain teams. It seems simple, but after observing for many years I think it may be a valid point. And often I think a cold look, a "no I'm busy," a rude "not right now" has such a negative effect on a team and gym when they are approached by fans. When you have passion and are looking to connect, it hurts to be rejected.
Completely agreed. Also, with going to college I left my gym, and got a job as a coach. This is what truly aided me in changing my opinion. Meeting CEA Staff was just the icing on the cake for me. In July, I sat down and read the every single rule section for my three teams' levels. I'm the head coach of only one. But, when it came down to it, I knew if I didn't know my s*** they would ultimately fail. After all that, I did my research on videos, and it became apparent to me how I actually do like CEA, and have respect for them as I now sit here not only as an athlete with emotions, but a coach with knowledge of what it takes to win.

Completely agreed. Also, with going to college I left my gym, and got a job as a coach. This is what truly aided me in changing my opinion. Meeting CEA Staff was just the icing on the cake for me. In July, I sat down and read the every single rule section for my three teams' levels. I'm the head coach of only one. But, when it came down to it, I knew if I didn't know my s*** they would ultimately fail. After all that, I did my research on videos, and it became apparent to me how I actually do like CEA, and have respect for them as I now sit here not only as an athlete with emotions, but a coach with knowledge of what it takes to win.

And there was no need for you to make a connection with another athlete. You have been there and done that. Just like the kids on these teams seem to not make any lasting personal connections. They made that connection with their team mates and coaches no need to reach out, in fact on a personal level you would not with someone you felt equal to or even better than. However, when you look up the ladder, to a specific coach when as an athlete you may want to emulate one day, certainly connect with for future reference, it becomes a special connection. Other level 5 kids rarely connect, they compete with all the inherent banter and give and take. Coaches do the same with each other, I have been to many gatherings and watched. But a little girl on a level 1 team will see stars in here eyes with a well known athlete on world championship teams and even that brief connection can have an effect. I just do not see any of this as any kind of negative thing for the sport. A few kids will go overboard trying to make themselves to be something they are not, but they will not hurt anyone but themselves in the long run. Other kids know the real deal and they will bring them down. I think the personal connection this fosters to a sport and it's teams and athletes is a positive. I have no idea why all the uproar.

This is nothing against anyone in particular - but just because you don't like a routine or because it doesn't make you jump with so much excitement you end up creating a mini-earthquake, doesn't mean it isn't going to score highly.

That being said, we all know I snap for those queens. To me, each team is equal. I don't think Peach is as far behind as some think, and I think they way they've been scoring is reflective of that. I think if Shooting Stars hit, they could take it. However, it would be nice to see them break the curse this year.
we all know stingrays hit scoresheets very well at this point, but as far as unique-ness, etc. lets face it SE has a lot of it this year, however im still set on F5 regardless of what the other teams do. so in the end im already team twisters for the win this season, i aint gonna deny nor am i gonna hide the fact that im rooting for them to take it this year. #f5ordie #snapforthequeens

Well this is unexpected no one posted the sheer twitter war that just ensued.
Wow. :p

Oh crap.... I must have missed something crazy today. I don't go on twitter daily and I don't really follow a lot of people (enough to get an idea about some things going on, but certainly not all).

What surprises me in large 5 this year is the way the teams are way more equal then before. I truly think that any of the 5 teams could win if they give two "hit" routines. However, that being said, I also could see a team giving two great performances and still not winning. What I really hope for is that we will have one clear winner at the end of the day.

And I hope that team of course is senior elite! :)
Check the schedule there are 6 teams. I will agree that any of the 6 teams could win if they hit both days. If they all hit, it will be VERY close.

uhmmm senior elite had a fall day one at 2010 worlds and still won, panthers went from 4th to 1st after one day, and i could probably name a few other comebacks.... just because a team has a few minor problems doesnt meant they dont flat out deserve to win... holy cow..im done

Well cali didn't deserve it soooooo OC4L. And panthers and senior elite were clean. Cali lacks in that area every year.

Why are we talking about Cali in a large all girl thread?
Oh wait...it's absolutely pointless.

Hey guys, I want T&S Obsession to win this year, what do you think of their chances?

uhmmm senior elite had a fall day one at 2010 worlds and still won, panthers went from 4th to 1st after one day, and i could probably name a few other comebacks.... just because a team has a few minor problems doesnt meant they dont flat out deserve to win... holy cow..im done
Day one isn't carried over.

Back