All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ahhh, memories of the old days....Cheer Tyme has been around since the beginning of allstar cheerleading. They would compete in NJ a lot with World Cup, CJA and NJ Spirit and Cheer Explosion (now named NJ Spirit Explosion). Some of the oldest gyms in the north. Star Athletics (north stars) and the Jersey Devils too. Memories! Thanks

Wait....are you guys saying that this other cheertyme is from VA? Didn't they research names when choosing a name? I wouldn't have chosen another gyms name when naming my team. Just sayin

Thanks and not speaking to you specifically with the following until noted specifically. I have always thought the common thread with super popular teams and even star athletes and fans is an attempt by the fan to connect on some level, most effectively on a personal level, with teams or athletes that represent greatness, competence, style or whatever is most important to the fan in a field of great passion for the fan, here cheerleading. I think that is true in many sports. I have noted over the years that some of the biggest critics of a specific team or athlete will change 180 degrees when they make a personal connection with specific teams, or often with fans, a perceived star athlete. I'll use you as an example. As you got to know the CEA staff your opinions and posting changed dramatically and I do not think CEA was doing anything different. But I don't want single you out, just using you as an example. And I am certain you and your teams are quite talented enough to be held up as great to many, but on a national and international level there are only a few, although the truly cheer informed can give you many examples of teams just as talented and competent. I think that personal connection is what drives fandom and it's different expressions. I think that is what drives kids to get autographs and pictures, to stop certain athletes from certain teams. It seems simple, but after observing for many years I think it may be a valid point. And often I think a cold look, a "no I'm busy," a rude "not right now" has such a negative effect on a team and gym when they are approached by fans. When you have passion and are looking to connect, it hurts to be rejected.
I would agree with that assessment. I know my opinions of several programs have evolved as I've gotten to know people affiliated with those programs.

Wait....are you guys saying that this other cheertyme is from VA? Didn't they research names when choosing a name? I wouldn't have chosen another gyms name when naming my team. Just sayin
No same gym, new location

I don't know why a lot of people are disregarding Peach and Love. Yeah, they're the only 2 teams to not win Worlds, but they were the first teams in the LAG division to get paid bids.

im hoping they all hit at NCA/worlds, that way it'll be a battle of the century on fierceboard/twitter, with everyone having a freaking cow over who deserved it more. cause i secretly do love reading people flip out online in my spare time, its very entertaining.
overall im still rootin' for F5 right now, and i think it'll be a cat fight if both F5 and SE hit. so it kinda sucks that F5 pulled out of battle. but im on pins and needles counting down the days till NCA... :banghead:

Dumb question but is there a live feed for NCA this year?
yes, someone on NCA Dallas 2013's thread (page 10) mentioned that there will be live feed for NCA this year. He said that he will announce it (i don't know if he has announced it yet or not).

I don't know why a lot of people are disregarding Peach and Love. Yeah, they're the only 2 teams to not win Worlds, but they were the first teams in the LAG division to get paid bids.
I don't think people are disregarding them at all but being the first to obtain a paid bid simply because they were the first lag teams to attend a bid competition means absolutely nothing.

Explain to me how the date at which you get your bid dictates how well your talent compares to the other teams in your division? If I remember correctly, both Peach and Cheer Tyme did not receive their paid bids at events that any of SE, F5, Stars, or Panthers were at. If Cheer Tyme and Peach had beaten out the other 4 teams for bids, I'd say it had bearing, but in my opinion when a team gets their bid has little to nothing to do with how that team does at Worlds.

Explain to me how the date at which you get your bid dictates how well your talent compares to the other teams in your division? If I remember correctly, both Peach and Cheer Tyme did not receive their paid bids at events that any of SE, F5, Stars, or Panthers were at. If Cheer Tyme and Peach had beaten out the other 4 teams for bids, I'd say it had bearing, but in my opinion when a team gets their bid has little to nothing to do with how that team does at Worlds.

Well Peach did beat out Orange for their bid. Not the same division, but it's still rather impressive since a lot of people think Orange is the Stingrays' top team. Also, Peach's raw score at Cheersport wasn't that far behind Stars or F5.

I'm not saying that Peach or Love will win, but I don't think it's fair to rule out some teams in the division because they're new or haven't won before. Worlds brings out some crazy surprises.

I live in the DMV and Twisters are part of the reason I know about all stars. I would watch worlds, and see this team from MD and wanted to do that kind of cheerleading. Overtime, watching them I love the class and that they truly field talented kids. Some girls I looked up to for years, have ended up on F5 at some point. It's like royalty around here, where a truly competitve lv5 is not so common. Stars are kind of the same deal. We used to compete against WC and watching them on TV made me feel like, I had competed with the best (even though I was on Y2). Everyone else, kind of came to me in recent years, as the internet has gotten big.

Well Peach did beat out Orange for their bid. Not the same division, but it's still rather impressive since a lot of people think Orange is the Stingrays' top team. Also, Peach's raw score at Cheersport wasn't that far behind Stars or F5.

I'm not saying that Peach or Love will win, but I don't think it's fair to rule out some teams in the division because they're new or haven't won before. Worlds brings out some crazy surprises.

I don't think being new or a team's history have anything to do with it. Off the top of my head, in tumbling alone, Stars, Panthers, F5, and Senior Elite are all throwing more than double what Cheer Tyme is, and that's enough of an advantage to almost take them out of the running for the top spot, assuming all have a good day. This division especially is not good to outsiders/newcomers because, in general, the top teams are working with almost the exact same numbers/ratios, and it almost always comes down to little things and execution. Peach has a much better shot at the top spot than Cheer Tyme in my opinion, and I'm not counting out Peach, but my original point was that when someone gets a bid has no bearing on how they do, UNLESS the teams compete against each other on a regular basis and one was able to out-do the others for a bid.
Was it impressive how early CT and Peach got their bids? Of course! Was it impressive that Peach beat Orange for their bid? Absolutely! But neither of those have anything to do with how those teams do in April.

I don't think being new or a team's history have anything to do with it. Off the top of my head, in tumbling alone, Stars, Panthers, F5, and Senior Elite are all throwing more than double what Cheer Tyme is, and that's enough of an advantage to almost take them out of the running for the top spot, assuming all have a good day. This division especially is not good to outsiders/newcomers because, in general, the top teams are working with almost the exact same numbers/ratios, and it almost always comes down to little things and execution. Peach has a much better shot at the top spot than Cheer Tyme in my opinion, and I'm not counting out Peach, but my original point was that when someone gets a bid has no bearing on how they do, UNLESS the teams compete against each other on a regular basis and one was able to out-do the others for a bid.
Was it impressive how early CT and Peach got their bids? Of course! Was it impressive that Peach beat Orange for their bid? Absolutely! But neither of those have anything to do with how those teams do in April.

I completely agree with that. I mean, to me, I'm just impressed with any team getting a bid so early in the season, regardless of division. But I do know that time of when a team gets a bid has no impact on their worlds placing.

When Stars had 5 stunt falls...
but playing devil's advocate for a minute- this could still be an issue (for any team) right? I'm not personally familiar w/how well they (CT) are hitting the score sheet in other areas, so I can't personally comment on that aspect.

Back