OT The Worst Time Of The Year

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Mamarazzi

Ultimate Grand Supreme '12
Cheer Parent
Mar 16, 2011
Arguably, these last few weeks before comp season starts are the worst of the entire year.
Choreography is done, practice is nothing but repetitive clean-up, Susie is sick of Sally, the coaches can't get the team to shut their mouths during practice, the parents are broke (OK, that lasts all season,) and there's nothing to show for it...yet.

So how do you, your team, your cp, or your program get through it? Showcases? Team bonding? A break from the gym?

I go to a team I don't coach and watch their practice. Makes me feel better that all of our teams are in the same general state of readiness (or not so ready as the case may be)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

That gives me a fantastic idea - buddy teams from different gyms.
Each show a video of their routine today, and watch the progression through the season. Except no one can be buddies with CA teams since they look ridic in October.

yeah.. not many coaches would allow this lol

No - this would make me even more nervous. Have to redo the routine because we have girls quitting because of health problems. I want to stuck my head into the pit like this big bird and yell: Do whatever you want ^^
(No, i won't)

But, i always have a plan for an easier routine we could throw on the floor in one practise.
Doesn't make me happy, but keeps me sane.

We have a perfect 10 challenge between all the teams in the gym. Y2 won the trophy last year and had their names put on it. 10 routines perfect and your team only gets one shot at one full out with all the other teams in the gym coming to sit around the team and watch and all the coaches from the other teams watch because coaches have to agree it was a perfect 10. (No do-overs, no second shot that practice.) I don't think youth technically won until January last year and Nov 1 is when the "competition" starts. They also went and played mini golf for winning the challenge. There are three teams practicing when CP practices, so they'll usually go one after the other on the main mat. The kids cared a lot about getting a mark on the white board under their team name. Everything had to be perfect to get a perfect. But a ton of celebrating on the mat when told, yes, it counted.

I was just thinking about this, CP on 2 teams. Sr team has their full routine, Jr team hmm only some of the dance and showday is next Sunday... I said to myself Im just gonna keep telling myself, everything is rainbow & sprinkles :eek::p

No - this would make me even more nervous. Have to redo the routine because we have girls quitting because of health problems. I want to stuck my head into the pit like this big bird and yell: Do whatever you want ^^
(No, i won't)

But, i always have a plan for an easier routine we could throw on the floor in one practise.
Doesn't make me happy, but keeps me sane.

Oh man... that sucks! (also one of the reasons i am not a coach! too much stress! lol)

Iwish their routines were done...I think it is more nerve racking wondering when they are going to be done.

Right there losing my mind! HATE this time of year!!! 3 more practices for a youth 1 loaded with 6 year olds and we JUST attempted to run start to finish for the first time, plus dance counts have changed 4 TIMES this week, and pyramid TWICE!!!

Back