OT The Worst Time Of The Year

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
That gives me a fantastic idea - buddy teams from different gyms.
Each show a video of their routine today, and watch the progression through the season. Except no one can be buddies with CA teams since they look ridic in October.

I love this idea! We have one competitive team in our gym, so I am always trying to figure out ways that the girls can interact with other athletes for motivation. The gymnasts in our gym tend to look at our girls like they are crazy....so we don't get much there! lol

Well....we had our last practice before our first competition (this Sunday) and uhhh........yikes (one girl might fractured her ankle a week ago, another one was just on crutches for something two practices ago).. This definitely is the worst time of the year..

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account

This is about the time of year my recurring nightmare begins. Y'all know the one (I've only talked about this 294773978 times on here).
We are at a competition somewhere crazy and we don't have a routine finished. The kids want to compete and I have to try and throw something together on the side of a hill.

Extra practices anyone? Can we all be here tomorrow? I know it's last minute but we need it....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well....we had our last practice before our first competition (this Sunday) and uhhh........yikes (one girl might fractured her ankle a week ago, another one was just on crutches for something two practices ago).. This definitely is the worst time of the year..

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account
good luck.

Definitely have hit it with me. Basically I just count down not a great solution but the only one I got going for me right now.

The more I look around and talk to people, the more I'm seeing that this time of year isn't just tough on athletes, it's hard for everyone in the gym.
Coaches, team moms, athletes and parents. So I think I'm gonna do a simple little "thank you" thing for my cheer family. Sometimes that's all it takes to push someone through for a day or two :)

I feel like this is a weird time psychologically- once you get it out on the floor, good/bad/ugly, suddenly you "officially" know where you stand and kids know what they need to do. Kinda lights a fire under their bums because now it's a real thing and not just 'Oh that competition down the road.' Otherwise you get stuck on 'We've been doing this forever.....I'm soooo bored!' and now decisions have to be made.

It's a very stressful time for everyone.

I feel so bad for other people in my life during this time of year! I get into the crappiest mood once I hear about missing girls at practice. The practice could be a week away, but my day is completely ruined from the second I read the email. We have work to do! What do you mean Susie is going to visit colleges, and cant drive your cp to practice, so because it wasn't your night on the carpool, and you don't want to drive to practice three times this month instead of two, your kid isn't coming? I agree with @kristenthegreat when she says after the first competition they get a fire to actually want to do good. But do they really have to fall all over the place while they realize this?

UGHHH can my kids just have the routine down already so that I can clean? I hate that I'm ignoring sloppiness right now, but I really need my minis to be able to do the whole routine without forgetting parts before I can start cleaning them up. The stress is killing me.

I feel the same... I have a youth 1 that's mostly mini aged and right now we're just trying to make the routine hit to music... Some sections are such a mess that I want to cringe every time I watch but at least they're happening, right? I can't wait for our first competition to be over.

We have 2 bases hurt. Coach just decided to change stunts after the original stunts finally were hitting in practice. They haven't practiced the routine to their music YET. 1st comp in 2 weeks.. uuuh yeah ok!

rainbownandsprinklesainbownandsprinklesrainbownandsprinkles

I just drop CP off at the door and sit in my car and read at this time of year or be in a part of the gym that I can't see CP's team. That way when I go to the first comp in 10 days I can hopefully be surprised at how everything has come together....maybe, hopefully, oh Lord. Oh and did I forget to mention that we don't even have music yet?

Showcase is this weekend. My youth 2 had an awesome practice last night and it has finally come together! My mini 1 has their last practice tonight, and I'm a bit nervous. But it's so nice to see that I'm not alone on this! Praying for patience at this point.

Last night cp came out of the gym and sort of looked like she'd been hit by a truck. She said that during the pyramid, her section started coming down so she got her flyer to the ground and then the rest of the group fell on top of her. :eek:

She was fine and the way she described it, I couldn't help but laugh. I'm such an understanding mom.

Back