Things Cheerleaders Say

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's true . But at our gym half of our athletes say " I want abs so bad." ** never works out except for at cheer

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
That was basically us! We would be like "let's be serious at conditioning" then when worlds time came around and everyone's last competitions were coming we'd eat like we never saw food before!

It's true . But at our gym half of our athletes say " I want abs so bad." ** never works out except for at cheer

Some of our girls will come in and decide they want abs, and lay there and do a billion crunches and complain they don't have them yet (and then post something on Instagram about it, undoubtably... Undoubtedly? I just realized idk which). They don't understand that doing that once every 2 or 3 months isn't going to get you abs.

I think ist weir hearing swedish cheerleaders talk because the mentions things like tumbling skills and stunting skillsin swedish and i am not that used to hearing that so i have to think and often ask what they mean but if they like say i mean BHS i know exactly what they mean.. i am a bad swede..

Cheerleading really is a different language! It's so funny when you are teaching new people how to stunt (even just for a prep!) and you go "clean on 5, sponge/squish on 8, LOCK OUT, cradle on 4...be tight!" and they just stare at you with glazed eyes...

Others:
Casually stating "yeah, my flyer kicked me at practice, and I accidentally hit the other base..."

"Stay tight!"

"Bases, use your legs!"

When telling a new/non-cheerleader a stunt is illegal... "Like OMG, what happens? Do they send you to jail or do you get a ticket???"

@Miialovescheer
Lol, it's weird in English too. We have so many different ways to call stunts and tumbling skills. I remember a team called bhs flip flops. It's all cheer language not just English.

It's like cheer has it's own language!

yeah really, i could teach you or any one else a few swedish words that are special for cheer or like gymnastics they are named the same. like a tuck is a salto and a standing tuck is a stilla salto ansd stuff like that. i love that it is so universal. i could learn a few words in every language if i would like to just they are cheer words.

Cheerleading really is a different language! It's so funny when you are teaching new people how to stunt (even just for a prep!) and you go "clean on 5, sponge/squish on 8, LOCK OUT, cradle on 4...be tight!" and they just stare at you with glazed eyes...

Others:
Casually stating "yeah, my flyer kicked me at practice, and I accidentally hit the other base..."

"Stay tight!"

"Bases, use your legs!"

When telling a new/non-cheerleader a stunt is illegal... "Like OMG, what happens? Do they send you to jail or do you get a ticket???"

yeah like i can talk about cheer to my siblings and they just look at me weird..

Back