All-Star Thoughts On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My only other issue with this is with the "baby cheerlebrities." You know, the kids who are Y2 or Mini 1 and have social media accounts.

Chelsea Cheetah is a cheerlebrity" and on some level, she chooses to partake in that by selling bows, promo, etc. via Instagram. She has made that choice on her own because she is 16/17 and controls/selects what is posted.

On the other hand, Molly Mini whose mother sets up social media accounts, posts pics, does giveaways, videos, etc. did not choose that. She is 4. This is all orchestrated by a parent.

you mean she can't respond back to my instagram comment because she can't read or spell?!?!? oh man :(

for real, there are age limits on social media for a reason. there are also privacy settings for a reason. for those cheerlebs biatching about being stalked at a comp and not being able to get their nachos - lock down your social media and they'll go away. easy as that. so obviously you actually love the attention, or you would have done that already.

you mean she can't respond back to my instagram comment because she can't read or spell?!?!? oh man :(

for real, there are age limits on social media for a reason. there are also privacy settings for a reason. for those cheerlebs biatching about being stalked at a comp and not being able to get their nachos - lock down your social media and they'll go away. easy as that. so obviously you actually love the attention, or you would have done that already.

amen to that although I do feel sorry for the ones that dont bitach about it and get mobbed some just want to show their passion for cheer which I think is fair but the fanning over certain cheerleaders has gone to far

I personally don't care about them, but that could also come with the fact that I'm mid 30's and feel the same about real celebrities. I don't see the point in autographs, photos with them, etc., other than some bragging rights on social media.

I also find with my students/athletes that they're more into cheerlebrities cos it's cool to like these people and also cos they want to live that kind of life as well. Most of my kids have no idea how bad/dangerous air tiring it could be to live under that kind of constant spotlight on you. They just see it as something to make them special, and I know most of my kids want to feel special and unique.

Not a fan of the "lebritism" cheer has turned into. Too much promo/marketing.

Seriously if the kids/gym owners don't like the attention. They have the power to say no and let the fanism die down.

What's interesting to me is most of these kids are only famous to other cheerleaders. Ex-cp is friends with most of the well-knowns from our gym. Saturday she ran into a cheer power couple while at a restaurant with her drill team. They came up to her table, hugged her, caught up a bit, did the "I miss you" thing, and the couple left. Out of 46 teenage, IG active girls, not one knew who they were. Everyone was asking if they go to our school. Outside of cheer they are average kids.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

^^Yes! By and large, they are generally only "mobbed" at cheer events.

For every cheer kid I have who is like "omg Suzie Smoed!" I have quite a few (mostly school cheer kids not into the all star scene) who could see Suzie Smoed or Chelsea Cheetahs walking down the street and have no clue who they're looking at.

I dont know....The same can be said about the dance world. There are youtube channels that only post videos of some dancers that have "celebrity" status in the dance world (and no I am not referring to the dance moms girls) the thing with dance though is that I find most of the dance celebrities out there most times even younger then cheerlebs. These girls are 7-10 years old and there are tumblr pages, instagram fan accounts and youtube channels dedicated to them.
This is true. My cp is also a competitive dancer and the way little dance celebrities are treated,would make the cheer world seem tame. Studios promote having the danceleb at their studio, doing meet & greets and master classes,parent spent thousands and thousand of dollars to send kids to Australia,Mexico Europe and all across America & Canada, to attend and compete in competitive/convection,which we pay a pretty penny for. A well as kid endorsing their own competitions and dance wear lines,paying $10K to get a so you think you can dance choreography for nine year old dancing Debbie and so much more. Also with dance celebs,they are much younger than cheer celebes. There are very few teen,senior and adult dancers,who are known,but tiny ones,like ages 4-12,are the big stars,who everyone knows. The one thing about dance is the known ones,are amazingly talented for their ages and very few are know for their looks,expect maybe the dance mom girls,but if they weren't on that show, I don't believe any of them would be known,because in the dance world,they are just a bit over above average,maybe even average dancers for their age/age groups. Pageants also have itty bitty superstars...come to think of it,the sports/activities that involve girls,different than normal and with a little glitter added to it,are the ones with little stars in it....

TBH, not a fan of the culture it's turning into and I hope my CP never becomes one.
I fully believe that anyone who has reached "cheerlebrity" status these days has taken steps to put themselves there. There's nothing wrong with knowing a lot of people and having friends from all over, that's part of what make cheerleading so great. But if you look at the cheerleaders who have achieved the biggest "stardom" I guess you could say, it's ones who have done things to put themselves in that position. This isn't an insult to any of them, I just find it to be true across the board. There are girls and boys on well known and successful teams who are just as talented/good looking (the prerequisites these days) and still fly under the radar.

Basically I'm saying in my opinion it's totally possible to prevent yourself or your CP from becoming a cheerleb.

Ok here goes...I honestly hate the whole "cheerleb" thing it drives me nuts. I just can't help but feel bad for someone who brought it on themselves, I know that not all cheerlebs endorse themselves and put themselves out there...but the ones who do and complain about it I feel no sympathy for. Now this is slightly embarrassing but I used to have a youtube account back when I was first starting to really invest into cheer around when I was 11/12 and used to create youtube vids with pictures of cheerleaders I admired as well as some of my friends (yes this is super embarrassing and I was totally "that girl") anyways, over time I actually got pretty good at these videos and more people started to notice. I used to receive messages from two very well known CA athletes BEGGING for me to make them videos and they would send me action shots via email. They would send me countless messages asking for self promotion, videos, etc. to make them in their words "famous". Now these girls were still pretty young at this point so I will give them that but it just makes me laugh that now they complain about being bombarded by fans at comps yet a few short years ago they were DYING to be "cheer famous". I just wish people would realized what exactly they are getting themselves into when they are dying to become a cheerleb. I have seen many of these kids at comps literally get swarmed and that cannot be good for anyone. It also makes me think what's going to happen to these kids when they age out of all-star and move on from cheer??

I agrees most put themselves out there a lot, but you so have some like Kiara and Angel Rice that literally have power tumbling skills that could win gold at the Olympics. If you follow cheer comp. it is hard not to notice their skills.

Also, if you are a parent and worried about your cp being a cheerlebrity don't post their pics. on fierce board. Most cheerlebrity recognition comes from social media, Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and fierceboard.

I know most disagree with me and I am in the minority, but if my CP could get an endorsement with a cheer shoe company, cheer clothing line, etc. that paid enough to pay for their all star cheer sport while staying humble and a good role model I wouldn't complain. This is coming from a single cheer Mom of 3 kids with no help from Ex Husband. For those of you that are strongly against cheerlebrity no need to worry, my CP's skill level are not even near that of cheerlebrity status. LOL

I know most disagree with me and I am in the minority, but if my CP could get an endorsement with a cheer shoe company, cheer clothing line, etc. that paid enough to pay for their all star cheer sport while staying humble and a good role model I wouldn't complain. This is coming from a single cheer Mom of 3 kids with no help from Ex Husband. For those of you that are strongly against cheerlebrity no need to worry, my CP's skill level are not even near that of cheerlebrity status. LOL
I can completley understand that statement and I think if a person needs help to fund a sport and get sponsored and is still humble that is great. It bothers me the ones that are not humble.

For me being a british cheerleader the cheerleb stuff isnt big at all not many if any british cheerleaders are big but some of the gyms and team are big and talked about like unity, Zodiac and risising stars are all amazing gyms with high level teams and some go t worlds I know a few teams but hardly any of the individuals. I know of some from unity as one is my coach at the team I cheer with.

I love that gyms get reconised people get recognised for being on that team but i dint like when people only focus on a cetain member of the team

I do not disagree. I agree! They should pick people who needs the extra little bit as well as the the cheer royals. Like I understand they are trying to run a business. But I mean companies could pick cheerleaders from other teams too.

also just adding. I don't hate cheerlebs. Because with all star cheer it isn't just about team. It's and individual thing too. The harder you work and dedication you put in the further you go.

It's awesome to celebrate and appreciate others hard work. Post your back hand spring you just got, your two to a layout, your whip double. No matter what everyone has a right to post their hard work and get gratitude for it.

However, the hate for cheerlebs come from the fact they get special treatment. In which that's my only issue for cheerlebs. Unless one cheerleb is not being a role model.

Basically it's all babble but idk I don't hate nor like. I'm really just half and half about them.

Back