Time It Will Take To Get Level 5 Tumbling From Level 4?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 30, 2012
Sorry if this has already been posted! couldnt find anything in the search. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how many tumbling classes/privates I should take this summer. I got all my level 4 tumbling in about a month, with 2 tumbling classes, 3 private lessons, and 6 regular team practices but the bulk of my skills were gained from the tumbling/privates. I have a feeling Level 5 will be a COMPLETELY different story though...

Sorry if this has already been posted! couldnt find anything in the search. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how many tumbling classes/privates I should take this summer. I got all my level 4 tumbling in about a month, with 2 tumbling classes, 3 private lessons, and 6 regular team practices but the bulk of my skills were gained from the tumbling/privates. I have a feeling Level 5 will be a COMPLETELY different story though...
It all depends on you. Have you started working on twisting in your layout? Cp has been working on her full now for almost a year - she is at the point where she just needs to throw it herself to prove to herself that she has all the components in place to do it - but she's scared to take that plunge. She typically does a weekly private and attends a skill level appropriate tumbling class, and will also go to an open tumble in addition to her team practices. She's also working on all her level 4 specialty passes because even though she has solid level 4 tumbling looking at the individual skills, she wants to be able to throw the hardest level 4 pass she can.

When I first started twisting I asked my tumbling coach the same thing. Now I wasn't tumbling with a cheer coach, I was training at a gymnastics gym, but he told me that if I was willing he could get me a full in a week but that it depended on where I was mentally. He had me twisting on to a mat in the pit in one class, on a mat on the tumble track in two, and then I twisted off the floor onto a mat in the pit for about a month ( because I hated the surface transition) before he let me start twisting onto a mat on the floor. I had just started landing on the mat when I had a bad tumbling crash and hurt my back pretty bad and then as soon and I got back from that I crashed again doing the same skill and hurt my ankle pretty bad and that combined with something else that happened lead to mental blocks and I basically had to re learn all of my tumbling =/ the second time is started working fulls it only took me a few weeks to start landing consistently on the rod floor, and I could throw it on the floor but would always ball my salf up so I had a hard time landing. But then my dad made me quit because he said he wanted me to focus on school, so I never actually had a consistent full on the floor. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really depends on you and your coach.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

When I first started twisting I asked my tumbling coach the same thing. Now I wasn't tumbling with a cheer coach, I was training at a gymnastics gym, but he told me that if I was willing he could get me a full in a week but that it depended on where I was mentally. He had me twisting on to a mat in the pit in one class, on a mat on the tumble track in two, and then I twisted off the floor onto a mat in the pit for about a month ( because I hated the surface transition) before he let me start twisting onto a mat on the floor. I had just started landing on the mat when I had a bad tumbling crash and hurt my back pretty bad and then as soon and I got back from that I crashed again doing the same skill and hurt my ankle pretty bad and that combined with something else that happened lead to mental blocks and I basically had to re learn all of my tumbling =/ the second time is started working fulls it only took me a few weeks to start landing consistently on the rod floor, and I could throw it on the floor but would always ball my salf up so I had a hard time landing. But then my dad made me quit because he said he wanted me to focus on school, so I never actually had a consistent full on the floor. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really depends on you and your coach.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

thank you! just wanted more opinions because everyone seems to have a different answer..

Back