All-Star Tiny Cheer Practice Layout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2012
How do you run your tiny practices?

Thanks in advance! Just want to compare to how we run ours it is our first year with tinys

Briefly assisted with Minis due to a sick coach. Some advice:

Incorporate games like Simon Says with motions, body positions, etc.

Recognize that their attention span is like 5-10 minutes long. Ex: Tumble for 10 then take a short break, then move on to something else.

How do you run your tiny practices?

Thanks in advance! Just want to compare to how we run ours it is our first year with tinys

As a tiny, CP's practices ranged from an hour up to 2 hours to 2 hours twice a week. Typically 1/2 choreo and 1/2 tumbling minus stretching.

When it comes to tiny teams I have seen everything from just looking cute and doing some jumps and maybe forward rolls, to impressive routines with team BWOs and great stunting. So I guess it depends on what goals you are setting and the skills that the kids already have?

Briefly assisted with Minis due to a sick coach. Some advice:

Incorporate games like Simon Says with motions, body positions, etc.

Recognize that their attention span is like 5-10 minutes long. Ex: Tumble for 10 then take a short break, then move on to something else.
THIS.

Also, have a well laid out plan so that you don't waste time trying to decide what to do next. If you stop instructing for a minute, you'll lose them. I used to go into my mini practices with a written schedule. As soon as I started to lose them, it was on to the next thing. If I wasn't able to spend as much time as I'd wanted on a section, I'd return to it after we got all the way through our list.

THIS.

Also, have a well laid out plan so that you don't waste time trying to decide what to do next. If you stop instructing for a minute, you'll lose them. I used to go into my mini practices with a written schedule. As soon as I started to lose them, it was on to the next thing. If I wasn't able to spend as much time as I'd wanted on a section, I'd return to it after we got all the way through our list.
This I love and am going to steal for practices immediately.

Back