Tips For Better Jumps? (mainly Toe-touches)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 28, 2012
So cheer try-outs are in march and I've been stretching alot. The basic straddle, split, pike and butterfly stretches. Also, i've been doing this thing where you go to a wall, lay on the ground and spread your legs on the wall and they slowly go down. I was wondering if there are any other good stretches I could do, because jumps are a really important part of my schools try-outs. Thanks!:)

Jumps aren't all about flexibility. Make sure you work in your leg strength!! You can do squats, lunges, leg circles, and leg lifts!!

the stretch my tumbling coach taught me really focuses on hyper extended jump. Lay down with your legs on the wall in a straddle, then using your arms on the floor behind you push your chest up so that you feel a stretch in your legs. its a really good stretch for hyper extended jumps. along with that make sure you work your leg strength. :)

i like toe-touch sit ups, start laying down on your back legs and arm stretched out like a pencil, then sit up right onto your sit bones with your legs into straddle pulling your body through in the toe touch position = )

Our secret is to stretch after a shower. The muscles are more limber and the stretching has a larger effect. Please also get a small trampoline and vow to only watch TV while jumping and practicing during ALL the commercials!!!

I just think to really jump and push through my legs and lift, so it gives you a bit more time in the air to hit that toe-touch!

Back