Tips On Getting My Front Walkover.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2012
I can go into a handstand bridge easily, and I can get up from it generally smooth without having to move my hands around. (Could be a lot smoother though.) Everytime I try to do a front walkover I get my first leg to touch the ground in front of me, but then I slip down on my butt. Do you think I need more momentum?

I understand it's hard to give proper advice without seeing me do it, but any advice on common walkover mistakes is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

i had the same problem and i actually ended up trying to get my back walkover but instead helping my front walkover aswell :) pushing the hips forward is a really big thing so that would be why your falling to the ground. so i got a chair that was the height of my knees and then lifted one leg and folded into a bridge on the chair (like you would do in a back walkover) then keeping my leg up and off the ground i tried standing up from the bridge and into a lunge all on the one leg. This will get easier with time but to help you out make sure you have a flexible back and strong abs :) when it gets easier try on something lower than your knees or even the floor then try a front walkover using the same movement and hopefully it will be much better :)

Don't look "up". Keep your body/abs tight through out the entire move. Start off doing it fast, then work it down till you can just walk into it.

Back