College To Try Out Again, Or Give Up?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What do you have to lose? nothing, but you have something to gain! Definitely go for it!
Maybe ask the coach what you can work on? But that might not be possible depending on their rules. Either way, just work on your stuff - you can always improve, even if you don't gain any new skills, make sure with your current skills they're technically perfect, pointed toes, etc, and jumps can always get better so stretch, even if they're already good! Good luck!! You've already tried out and you know how it'll be so you can go in more confidently!

What college did you try out for? Was it a highly competitive squad like a University of Kentucky or UCF or was it a non-competitive squad? Because competitive squads often look for the cream of the crop (top-notch stunting and strong tumbling). But my advice, don't give up. Don't ever give up. Hope this helps! :)

Worst case, you still don't get a spot. Best case, you do! You'll never know unless you give it another shot. I think reaching out and seeing what you needed to improve on is a great idea and will come across as you being very driven and determined.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Thanks so much :)

What do you have to lose? nothing, but you have something to gain! Definitely go for it!
Maybe ask the coach what you can work on? But that might not be possible depending on their rules. Either way, just work on your stuff - you can always improve, even if you don't gain any new skills, make sure with your current skills they're technically perfect, pointed toes, etc, and jumps can always get better so stretch, even if they're already good! Good luck!! You've already tried out and you know how it'll be so you can go in more confidently!
Thank you! I definitely think my knowledge of the tryout format will help me!

What college did you try out for? Was it a highly competitive squad like a University of Kentucky or UCF or was it a non-competitive squad? Because competitive squads often look for the cream of the crop (top-notch stunting and strong tumbling). But my advice, don't give up. Don't ever give up. Hope this helps! :)
I tried out for Saginaw Valley State University! They're definitely nothing like Kentucky haha. They do compete though. Thank you :)

After seeing everyone's responses, I'm going to! Just going to perfect my skills the rest of the summer. I just can't give cheerleading up!

Good! College cheerleading is so much fun! And now you know what to expect. Good luck, and let us know how it goes at the fall tryouts!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

Back