Today I'm Gonna...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry, this may seem dumb but do you mean, I should pull my hips upwards or backwards? I always thought I was just supposed to tuck my knees to my chest as hard as I can and that's it... :oops: We don't have a tumbling coach so I'm pretty clueless. Everyone who can do the back tuck in my team did already have it before they joined.

Think of it more like pulling your hips over your head.... if you lay down on the ground and stretch your body out, then tuck your knees up to your forehead, you'll get the feeling:)

Thank you so much! I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend, when I'm watching TV. :D

I'm determined to get over my mental block this week. Its been a year and a half and I'm just done with it. I'm tired of marking tumbling, and not doing running tumbling. I'm doing this not only for myself, but also for my team. Any getting over mental block stories/experiences/motivation would be great.. I definitely need a confidence boost.

thank youuu!!

It's so unreal that I actually started working on this. I'm 29 and never thought, I'd ever do any tumbling... ;)

Last practice I tried again and at first I tried to set so much that I forgot to rotate, haha whoop.
This was one of the attempts I actually landed...

Was that better at all? :confused: I still can't manage to pull over agressively..

My trick: Shrug your shoulders (i don’t know motion) while you’re setting. It will help both your set and it will flip you faster :)

Threw my first standing two to fulls last night at the gym. Fell forward on the first couple but landed the third one! I was very determined to get it. I'm glad I went for it.

I will ask some one to spot at least 3 tucks and I will start working on jumps again.

Yay for stretching and staying positive. I really need to remind myself of not getting frustrated too easily. :/

I tried... ;)

see your fine!! you just gotta keep working and you'll get it!!
today i tried my roundoff flip flop layout and toe back on the turf.... it was rough

Throw my round off tuck by myself! Well, it's not gonna happen until Monday because I don"t have cheer until then, but I'm comiting to it now:)

Back