All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bangkok was amazing. My favorite moment at Worlds was watching them perform. I would have felt the same about their performance if it had been an exhibition. No matter what though, they could not award themselves the win. I saw no one being held at gunpoint in the awards ceremony forcing the announcer to call out a tie.

So I have to know, @ACEDAD

It seems as if you are not all that fired up about Bangkok using more than 12 boys, and maybe even a bit defending it. As strong a stance as I know you have against cheating (we know our alcohol thread in the 18+ discussion), and knowing in 2009 they cut down to 12 boys, what do you think should happen to Bangkok for this year? We all move on? It was obvious to the staff at the USASF event and knew about it before finals. It says if you have a bad roster you should be disqualified and not allowed to come back to Worlds next year. And they gave them first. I guess I just don't see why it is all ok, but would love to know your opinion, and if you got an email back from the USASF.

Me personally, they don't get 1st. They are not disqualified, but they don't get 1st.

Not only did they have more than 12 guys. But Bangkok also didn't follow some level 6 pyramid rules.

Not only did they have more than 12 guys. But Bangkok also didn't follow some level 6 pyramid rules.
I noticed that as well when I was watching them live LOL!

So the question begs itself for an answer, is the reason we don't pyramid as well because we are caught up in legality and number of boys on the floor? Everytime I have an idea I have to vet it through a legality process.

So the question begs itself for an answer, is the reason we don't pyramid as well because we are caught up in legality and number of boys on the floor? Everytime I have an idea I have to vet it through a legality process.
I talked about this all weekend to everyone I could. And no one seemed to care. But it bothers me. What I am wondering is, Did they really tie, or was it mutually agreed upon.

2nd, yes the # of boys greatly helps the pyramids.

3rd, they had no where near the correct amount of spotters that they needed to perform those pyramids legally. When you have 5 girls on the top layer of a pyramid you need 10 people just to spot (front and back) on the ground and multiple times i saw no spotter on one of the sides. Also, when you dismount from a 2.5 high pyramid, you need 2 people to catch the top girl. And there were several times where they just had one.

So i want to know if legality comes into play at all. Did the USASF fully know about this and turn the other cheek? Did they not even count how many people were out there and just score what they saw? Did no one realize the several illegal elements?

I talked about this all weekend to everyone I could. And no one seemed to care. But it bothers me. What I am wondering is, Did they really tie, or was it mutually agreed upon.

2nd, yes the # of boys greatly helps the pyramids.

3rd, they had no where near the correct amount of spotters that they needed to perform those pyramids legally. When you have 5 girls on the top layer of a pyramid you need 10 people just to spot (front and back) on the ground and multiple times i saw no spotter on one of the sides. Also, when you dismount from a 2.5 high pyramid, you need 2 people to catch the top girl. And there were several times where they just had one.

So i want to know if legality comes into play at all. Did the USASF fully know about this and turn the other cheek? Did they not even count how many people were out there and just score what they saw? Did no one realize the several illegal elements?

When you cradle you need 3

When you cradle you need 3
That's even worse then!!! because i watched the one top girl cradle to just one guy!!! I don't understand how you can miss that. Yes they by far had the best building skills of the entire division, but i dont think they USASF is showing that great of an example here.

If they've been doing this for years and we're JUST noticing this now..then I blame us just as much as them. If we're putting down rules and not enforcing them, what does that say? That the rules only count for some people and not for others?

Although-are their pyramid building rules different over there? Just curious..

Not sure you can say it was a miscommunication because the numbers 1-12 on a sheet should be pretty clear. It would also be really rude of the USASF to give them rules written in any language other then their own. Does anyone know if the international teams get their paperwork in their language?

I find it highly unlikely that the paperwork is translated for each country. They don't even do that for the European Championships as far as I know.

If they've been doing this for years and we're JUST noticing this now..then I blame us just as much as them. If we're putting down rules and not enforcing them, what does that say? That the rules only count for some people and not for others?

It was either 2 or 3 years ago when they really starting getting noticed. I remember all of us being blown away Day 1 but illegalities were everywhere. The story was that several coaches worked with them overnight to make the routine legal for Day 2. Point being....the team and many others have known there were issues for several years.

ICU has the same pyramid rules as level 6. They were illegal there too.

It was either 2 or 3 years ago when they really starting getting noticed. I remember all of us being blown away Day 1 but illegalities were everywhere. The story was that several coaches worked with them overnight to make the routine legal for Day 2. Point being....the team and many others have known there were issues for several years.

If they had come out on the floor and thrown double backs would the response had been the same?

But if nothing's being done every year, no actions have ever been taken (I didn't know about the rule and I never noticed they had more guys anyway, personally lol), what do you do? Do you just smack them down with a DQ now? Do you * the Results with a note? WHO has known about these issues for years and WHY was it never addressed? THAT I think right now is more important than anything.

But if nothing's being done every year, no actions have ever been taken (I didn't know about the rule and I never noticed they had more guys anyway, personally lol), what do you do? Do you just smack them down with a DQ now? Do you * the Results with a note? WHO has known about these issues for years and WHY was it never addressed? THAT I think right now is more important than anything.

The rules were not broken before this year. I am telling you, it didnt make a difference until ICU when you had to bring more than 12 guys. In 2009 Bangkok only had 12 guys.

Back