All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They ILLEGALLY won a World Title, so YES it is a BIG ORDEAL and I'm kinda pissed it isn't a BIGGER ordeal.

My issue about the boys... i read the division is 12 boys max, but no where does it state a penalty. Would it be disqulification, a 5 point deduction? etc.
What if twist and shout had 5 guys on the floor, or what if f5 had a guy on the floor.

They ILLEGALLY won a World Title, so YES it is a BIG ORDEAL and I'm kinda pissed it isn't a BIGGER ordeal.

I meant USASF may not have thought it would blow up this much. I agree with you 100%. I began safety judging for a reason...to enforce rules to make it a level playing field for ALL teams competing.

My issue about the boys... i read the division is 12 boys max, but no where does it state a penalty. Would it be disqulification, a 5 point deduction? etc.
What if twist and shout had 5 guys on the floor, or what if f5 had a guy on the floor.

It says if you have an illegal roster you are disqualified. Does that count as an illegal roster?

Is this something written or just understood?

Here was the rule I was read (and PS - given a warning in the warmup room lsat year for not having a girl hold her hand out on a straight cradle)

Up to a 2-¼ twist cradle is allowed from all stunts and pyramids up to 2 persons high and requires at least 2
catchers. Cradles from 2-½ high pyramids are allowed up to 1-¼ twist and require 3 catchers.

If you can show me where it says because you are straight cradling you only need two catchers that would be appreciated.

Because of the wording basic dismounts are allowed from 2.5 high with 2 catchers.

Because of the wording basic dismounts are allowed from 2.5 high with 2 catchers.
Im confused on this. It says pyramids up to 2 persons high - 2 catches. 2.5 high - 3 catchers. I don't think it is vague.

And either way, bangkok had dismounts with only 1 catcher.

I disagree, the statement would then have been written, straight cradles are allowed from 2 1/2 pyramids and require 2 catchers. Twisting dismounts are allowed up to 1 1/4 twists and require 3 catchers. Since there is no other line description describing how many catchers are required for 2 1/2 dismounts, 3 catchers are required for all dismounts to cradle.

I disagree, the statement would then have been written, straight cradles are allowed from 2 1/2 pyramids and require 2 catchers. Twisting dismounts are allowed up to 1 1/4 twists and require 3 catchers. Since there is no other line description describing how many catchers are required for 2 1/2 dismounts, 3 catchers are required for all dismounts to cradle.
I completely agree. It would be really hard to twist this one around.

Also, can't someone bring this up at a USASF/naccc meeting ::cough cough:: @kingston. There needs to be a way for things like this to be addressed.

Any team that intentionally performed a round-off as a tumbling pass, is not a World champion in my eyes.
I'm usually the most supportive person of USASF on this board, and kind with my words when talking about these thing's, but I feel like they messed up massively by letting this slide. And I say "let it slide" because any USASF safety certified judge would call those pyramid legalitys. If they didn't notice them, then they have no business being up on the judges stand at Worlds. I don't mean to be harsh with words, but I judge because I love the sport, and want to help it continue to grow in both size and respect. This is a bad situation that looks bad on the credibility of not just the USASF, but Cheerleading as a whole.
Now on the fact that Bangkok was never warned or notified of rule violations and too many guys on the mat, that's all on the USASF. What should be done about it? I think that the USASF should release an official statement admitting to their mistake and apologizing to the teams in this division who followed the rules. They should not strip Bangkok of their title, because its ultimately USASFs fault for not calling out their rule infractions in advanced. Any team in violation should keep their place, but the teams below them move into the place about e and teams in violation will be considered a shared place. "Tie" . If any team doesn't except this offer, they should refund entry fees to the competition who gave them the bid and remove them from placements. This is the fairest way to handle the situation , and I hope the USASF does something about it for the sake of credibility of the entire cheer World.

Any team that intentionally performed a round-off as a tumbling pass, is not a World champion in my eyes.
I'm usually the most supportive person of USASF on this board, and kind with my words when talking about these thing's, but I feel like they messed up massively by letting this slide. And I say "let it slide" because any USASF safety certified judge would call those pyramid legalitys. If they didn't notice them, then they have no business being up on the judges stand at Worlds. I don't mean to be harsh with words, but I judge because I love the sport, and want to help it continue to grow in both size and respect. This is a bad situation that looks bad on the credibility of not just the USASF, but Cheerleading as a whole.
Now on the fact that Bangkok was never warned or notified of rule violations and too many guys on the mat, that's all on the USASF. What should be done about it? I think that the USASF should release an official statement admitting to their mistake and apologizing to the teams in this division who followed the rules. They should not strip Bangkok of their title, because its ultimately USASFs fault for not calling out their rule infractions in advanced. Any team in violation should keep their place, but the teams below them move into the place about e and teams in violation will be considered a shared place. "Tie" . If any team doesn't except this offer, they should refund entry fees to the competition who gave them the bid and remove them from placements. This is the fairest way to handle the situation , and I hope the USASF does something about it for the sake of credibility of the entire cheer World.
I agree that USASF dropped the ball BUT Bangkok KNEW the rules and KNEW that they had too many people on the floor. YES USASF is at fault BUT so is Bangkok. They should be stripped of their title and TEXAS should be awarded the Bronze Globe (which I just found out that they were not)

So I have to know, @ACEDAD

It seems as if you are not all that fired up about Bangkok using more than 12 boys, and maybe even a bit defending it. As strong a stance as I know you have against cheating (we know our alcohol thread in the 18+ discussion), and knowing in 2009 they cut down to 12 boys, what do you think should happen to Bangkok for this year? We all move on? It was obvious to the staff at the USASF event and knew about it before finals. It says if you have a bad roster you should be disqualified and not allowed to come back to Worlds next year. And they gave them first. I guess I just don't see why it is all ok, but would love to know your opinion, and if you got an email back from the USASF.

Me personally, they don't get 1st. They are not disqualified, but they don't get 1st.

Where did you get that from? Because I'm not posting repeatedly here about it in the last 24 hours? My "mistake" post was meant to be humorous, but do not ever think I don't want the rules enforced. You don't know what I have done via emails or fb messages or anything else.

The problem is I can barely get any responses back from anyone about anything right now because almost all of the USASF staff is traveling, etc.

And I've been busy trying to help clients with tornado hardship withdrawals and getting things organized in Birmingham and then I flew to Dallas this morning.

It's not going to accidently become legal in a week if they don't get disqualified today.

Does bangkok**?
Yes they do. Anyone who wins a division gets a banner, ring, and globe.

I don't see any grammatical errors in my post lol.. No need.

I am fully aware of that...was simply not sure what happened in the event of a tie, especially one as controversial as this; the teams have not recieved their prizes yet.

Back