All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But they cheated. That is not a win in my opinion. That "win" was not earned. They broke several rules. Period.

So here's my theory...as we all know, Bangkok was phenomenal. Truly exciting and fun to watch! NOW...trying to build the growth of this sport across the WORLD, I do think the violations were not applied in order to see a winner from outside of the US. Ever think that the international teams may stop spending their money to come all way to Disney, if they know year after year they CAN'T win? Expeccially after watching Bangkok! 'If Bangkoks routine cant win, neither will ours' type of dissapointment. I'm sure it gave other international teams hope that they too can win worlds...That it is possible. The higher the possibility of being a world champion...the more they'll want it.

When I first competed at worlds in 2006, I was just psyched to be there! Didn't even consider winning! Didn't care what place we finished! Already we were so proud of our accomplishments! And that was a great learning experience. Ok, but year after year we got closer and closer. And it became more of a possibility that we too COULD win. And no what?! Big surprise... I am not a world champion! BUT...I refuse to give up. I've tried. I can't. And i hand over a majority of the money i make each year to continue to cheer... get just "one more shot". LOL And i know how many cheerleaders from the US feel the exact same.

If they want that drive from the rest of the world, at some point, winning HAS to be possible. AGAIN..just my thoughtss!
Bad theory. All you are doing is reinforcing the attitude that foreign teams don't need to work to improve their quality. you don't build growth with patronizing double standards!

But how many more times are they going to cheat to let them win?
That my friend is the "game". And the USASF is playing it poorly.

If the USASF would have done their job, you and I would be discussing how Bangkok was great. BUT, had illegal elements so they didn't make finals/win.

That my friend is the "game". And the USASF is playing it poorly.

If the USASF would have done their job, you and I would be discussing how Bangkok was great. BUT, had illegal elements so they didn't make finals/win.

i just don't understand. did Bangkok cheat or did Worlds tell them to cheat? my team had to change stuff in the warmup room. we didn't get all afternoon to change it. why does that matter? im so confused.

To all those saying that Bangkok's win might encourage other international teams to come to worlds because now they see there's a chance at winning, that's really not what worlds is about for most of the international cheerleaders I know (including myself). We go knowing that we're going to experience allstar cheer at its finest, all the atmosphere and talent and excitement and energy that our small comps back home don't even come close to. We go to represent our country and be recognised for our efforts and our commitment to the sport. We go knowing that just to be on that mat is to be the best, and to make top ten is just as good as getting a globe. We know that IO tumbling scores have been reduced so we get a shot at making top ten and I feel in many ways this shows the dedication and respect the US cheer industry has shown in encouraging the sport to grow offshore. And with all this in mind, I would be humiliated if this was my team being discussed on the boards. Bangkok's win does not make me more likely to come compete as an international cheerleader because I can perform an illegal routine and get a medal. It's not winning if you get a feel-good-globe, or a miscommunication-globe.

Aside from the too many boys issue which has been partially explained, I am angry that such blatant disregard for safety in pyramids was rewarded. This sport is constantly being called out for the catastrophic injuries and all the rules are in place to try and minimise the risk while still being dynamic and awesome. And at the biggest competition in the WORLD they get a free pass AND a globe? Not cool USASF, not cool at all.

Bad theory. All you are doing is reinforcing the attitude that foreign teams don't need to work to improve their quality. you don't build growth with patronizing double standards!

I don't agree with the double standard! I never stated that I think they dont have to work hard! I think they should, and they clearly DO. Like i said after my post, the improvements we have all witnessed have been incredible. That was just my theory behind the decisions made by the USASF.

I agree. Worlds 2011 is done. I can totally understand if they got deducted or DQ during the prelims/finals. But after they went through prelims, and nothing was said to them, and then crowned World Champs with GT, then I feel as though it's not their problem.
Whose problem? It absolutely is the USASF/IASF 's problem. BIG PROBLEM.

And I do agree that they are committed! And I truly appreciate watching them compete! Omg, they have all come so far within a few short years! BUT I just think the numbers of international teams that feel this way will increase due to witnessing Bangkoks win last weekend! It will bring in more competitors from outside our country.

No. USASF has just sent the message that an international team cannot win on their own merits and must resort to cheating to do so. How is that what an international team wants to see? After this fiasco, if they truly earn the win, they will sit and question why they won, and if it was just a sympathy win. Who wants that kind of victory?

To all those saying that Bangkok's win might encourage other international teams to come to worlds because now they see there's a chance at winning, that's really not what worlds is about for most of the international cheerleaders I know (including myself). We go knowing that we're going to experience allstar cheer at its finest, all the atmosphere and talent and excitement and energy that our small comps back home don't even come close to. We go to represent our country and be recognised for our efforts and our commitment to the sport. We go knowing that just to be on that mat is to be the best, and to make top ten is just as good as getting a globe. We know that IO tumbling scores have been reduced so we get a shot at making top ten and I feel in many ways this shows the dedication and respect the US cheer industry has shown in encouraging the sport to grow offshore. And with all this in mind, I would be humiliated if this was my team being discussed on the boards. Bangkok's win does not make me more likely to come compete as an international cheerleader because I can perform an illegal routine and get a medal. It's not winning if you get a feel-good-globe, or a miscommunication-globe.

Aside from the too many boys issue which has been partially explained, I am angry that such blatant disregard for safety in pyramids was rewarded. This sport is constantly being called out for the catastrophic injuries and all the rules are in place to try and minimise the risk while still being dynamic and awesome. And at the biggest competition in the WORLD they get a free pass AND a globe? Not cool USASF, not cool at all.

I totally respect EVERYTHING you just said about attending worlds. I think at least half of the US teams feel the same. Honored to be competing and not having goals of being a world champion, but to enjoy the whole experience and show the world what you got! And personally, I enjoyed worlds MUCH more when there were no expectations...but how long will the satisfaction last? I really could be wrong, I am just curious!

Latest posts

Back